Deleted

Through a Glass, darkly endboss... pet is driving me INSANE

Hello... I'm sitting on the end boss in this quest and I'm having serious trouble with it. Once I though I nailed it, I got to the haste phase and all, my pet bugged, boss got the healing buff, it didn't go on add and everything went to hell. Another good try - it bugs somewhere in the brink of the platform and doesn't come to dispell the boss again.

How the hell am I supposed to win this encounter without rerolling a mage that can do all this and more with his own skills? This is truly frustrating. I'll appreciate any quick help... I don't want it all to reset.

This fight is rather hectic as it is already, I don't need to have to move the pet all the time with the move pet button, do I? That's rather ridiculous. Should I be sending it on the adds at all? Any logical hints on how to make it easy? :<

Also, where is the nearest repair spot and will it all reset if I leave the instance? It did when I quit the game to go for a dinner...

what i had to end up doing was havign my pet on passive the whole time only attacking the adds when i went to burn them down quick. i made a F1 remove magic spell macro and it helped alot

nearest repair is the shield on coldarra im nto sure if it will reset ):

Deleted
    If you're at that part you should be able to continue from the start of the Thyrinar fight.

What seems to work is to keep the Felhunter on passive. If he does get 'stuck' just hit <Follow>. There's no real need to send it at the adds, but I guess it helps.

Deleted
    I can click "follow" and "attack" (while targeting boss) till the day I die. It just stands there like a friggin bag of ugly tentacles and won't move. I'm trying to kill the adds while they're still on the ramp, but I can't say I have any burst... This is making me such a sad, annoyed panda...

If you interrupt one of the twilight blasts he comes down close enough for you pet to attack until he sets up for the beam.

Deleted
    By gods, nevermind... I made it through. Clean kill in the style of my guild. 0/1 raid members alive.

Thanks for advices.
    Last edited by mmoc54ae987777; 2011-08-08 at 11:43 AM.

Deleted
    This happened to me even with the kill attempt, I had it on passive so I could send it on the adds when needed and also devour magic and spell lock the boss, there were two times the boss had the healing buff and my pet wouldn't remove it, still managed to brute force a kill though :P

Set your pet to passive. Focus the boss. Set two macros to either silence or purge your focus target. Make sure your pet stays within 30 yards of the boss so you don't have range problems on the purge/silence. Soul swap and send the pet in on adds when they spawn.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Tried affliction wasn't having much success so i Zerged it down using Demo, passive pet on boss Spellock, Devour magic macro feared the first add boss was dead.

Meanwhile classes that aren't pet-based and thus don't lose 20% of their DPS from pet-pathing bugs just zerg him down without ever even seeing adds. My mage friend was like "Wait.. there are adds?".

Quote Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
    Meanwhile classes that aren't pet-based and thus don't lose 20% of their DPS from pet-pathing bugs just zerg him down without ever even seeing adds. My mage friend was like "Wait.. there are adds?".
    Just goes with the game want a hard mode experience play a Warlock xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by oraz View Post
    Just goes with the game want a hard mode experience play a Warlock xD
    That's fine as long as those puny mages, boomkins, priests and shamans recognize the badassery that are warlocks that manage to chew through life and obstactles. Emerging victorius with blood and enemy remnants dripping down their jaws /ROAR.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the same problems, seemed a lot like just bad RNG with the pet bugging out. I did just as Jahras said, focus macros, sent pet on adds and kept him on passive the rest of the time. I had maybe 2 heals that didn't get devoured, but managed a kill nonetheless. I actually opened a ticket after two days of attempts, only to get a response saying that they were aware of the issue and trying to have it resolved in a timely manner. Seems pretty clear that Blizz gms all play mages...

I just went demo, popped all my cds and he died as the first add was coming up. Fight done in 30 sec.