Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Can't really say why I named it that way, it was intended to be a small calculator but it already grew into something larger than "Lite" would allow. Its too late to rename it though.Stat weights are as good as you can get without running a complex calculation for every reforging option, which is impossible. Feel free to calculate better stat weights for your character with simc or similar tools, so far I don't know any addons that do that (since addons have pretty limited computation power).

10+ Year Old Account
    pfft asif reforging is so hard?

Deleted
    I have a smäll problem with this addon. installed it yesterday and logged my mainchar. Tried the command /reforge nothing happened. Went to reforgeguy and morgontidning happened. Logged my alts and both the command /reforge worked and then talking to reforgeguy. Uninstalled it and reinstalled it bit same issues on my main. Weird or am I doing something really wrong?

Edit: Found a solution to my troubles. my main is a hunter with Lava Bolt Crossbow equipped. Apperently the xbow is bugged and shows damsingel stats. Unequipping it made the addon work properly.
    Last edited by mmoc15f90fd355; 2011-08-10 at 08:46 AM.

Why are MMO-Champion posting addon articles on front page nowadays? Addons like Reforgelite is not required at all. I think I speak for everyone when I say, "Please stop or lessen front page advertisement." Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hhyy00 View Post
    Why are MMO-Champion posting addon articles on front page nowadays? Addons like Reforgelite is not required at all.
    Addon reviews have been happening for nearly a year. I wrote one back in December 2010, and that wasn't even the first one. Recently there has been very little in the way of news from Blizzard.

As for the "not required at all", of course that's true. You're also not required to have eyes, hands, legs, or a mouse to play World of Warcraft (no offense intended to any disabled persons). However, use of those items does generally increase your DPS and/or response time.

ReforgeLite is a nice addon that lets you get the EXACT amount of hit/expertise you need, which is usually a net gain of around 10-15 Mastery/Haste/Crit. Now you can get exactly 8.00% Hit without having to minimize the game and use an outside tool.

As for the people saying "reforging is hard", yes it is. Reforging scenarios are NP-Complete problems (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NP-complete). Getting a PERFECT reforge is pretty damn hard. Maximizing your best stat (e.g. Mastery) while getting perfect 8.00% and 26 Expertise is actually pretty freaking hard without using a reforging calculator program or addon. I assure you that 9 out of 10 times a reforging program will beat your "hand-made" reforges (especially for multiple cap classes - hit/expertise).

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    I was like "oh neat, I can get this addon and it'll make reforging easier." But then I realised as a tank, it's absolutely useless, the value of Dodge/Parry/Mastery change as you get more of them; weights just don't cut it. If you have to research your current weights every time you want to reforge, you might as well use the same website to tell you how to do it.
    Ask Mr. Robot actually incorporates the Diminishing Return formulas into their tanking weights and is extremely awesome for accurate Tank reforging.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps it's a bug in just the current version, but ReforgeLite was making absolutely wrong suggestions for my reforging even after I entered my own variables. I had Haste as twice as valuable as Mastery, and yet it was telling me to reforge everything to Mastery on my Hunter. Either there's a bug or the addon is a pile of shit, I'm not really sure which. Either way, it does not work at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Perhaps it's a bug in just the current version, but ReforgeLite was making absolutely wrong suggestions for my reforging even after I entered my own variables. I had Haste as twice as valuable as Mastery, and yet it was telling me to reforge everything to Mastery on my Hunter. Either there's a bug or the addon is a pile of shit, I'm not really sure which. Either way, it does not work at all.
    hahahaha, yeah dude the mod is totally borked.

I have my stat weights entered from simcraft, which notably was haste at 195 and mastery at 185. I set the hit to be at least 1725 and the results I got looked pretty good. I then set the haste minimum at 1993 and it took like 10 sec to calculate. The result? It reforged PURE mastery. I was like oh I guess haste/mastery got mixed up somehow. so I set the min mastery to 1993. What did it do? It reforged all the mastery to hit, leaving crit untouched, and actually reforging into crit apparently.

All I can say is the mod is pretty much useless if you set a min value for anything besides hit.
    Every single person who refers to heroic bosses as "HC" is a god damn noob. CY@ shitty
    Also if you can't give proof or back up what you're saying don't respond to me, seriously.

Deleted
    What I like most about reforgelite is this scenario:/raid Summon me back, I wanna try this fight with mastery instead of haste and in frost presence/cast hearthstone/mount-use dropdown for saved "DW Frost Mastery" weights--calculate--show--reforge-/raid Okay, ready for summon