10+ Year Old Account

Majordomo Orb Issues.

Hey there everyone. Just a quick question.

Is there anything that anyone can tell me about the these orbs? Are they truly RNG based? Because we are getting them pushed together on every attempt and then having a cluster fu*k trying to get arranged right.

Thanks.

Is everyone stacked when the orbs spawn? Make sure you're spread out, then you just switch people every 6 or so stacks on and off the orbs to spread damage.
    Weve never had a probably with orbs

Have you tried having the tank and one melee soak an orb? This would most likely require the raid to re-position but takes out half the trouble of the ranged DPS and healers trying to pair up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Have you tried having the tank and one melee soak an orb? This would most likely require the raid to re-position but takes out half the trouble of the ranged DPS and healers trying to pair up.
    Yea this is what u should try, GL on your kill

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    we made it to domo tonight finally and haveing the same issue orbs are just where ever and at 6 stacks seem to wanna one shot my mage i was wondering....is your stacks a dot also? cause i tried to iceblock and just kept gaining stacks made it to 10 stepped away and didnt take any damage. but when id go to 6 n switch off id practically just drop over

Deleted
    We had a few issues with the orbs in the beginning as well. There were really 2 things that helped for us:

• Spend more time on phases before the Orbs spawn
    • Rotate 3 ppl for every Orb (10m) with roughly 5 stacks each

This probably won't work for everyone, since spending more time in phases means increased healer stress. Furthermore, we can put 3 ppl on every Orb since we have 3 ranged DPS and 3 healers. If we'd have less ranged DPS, I would have a few melee DPS soak the Orbs at the beginning (since there's less patches of fire obstructing their path).

As far as phases go, how many Adrenaline stacks are you guys building every form?

For us, we got the following numbers:

• Scorpion 1: 9
    • Cat 1: 7
    • Scorpion 2 (seeds): 7
    • Cat 2: 7
    • Scorpion 3: 7 (with Heroism)
    • Cat 3 (Orbs): 6 (although he's dead before this)

The reasoning is fairly simple: the very first Scorpion phase is the easiest since Staghelm won't have any damage modifiers yet and there's no gimmicky mechanics present. Cat phases are usually the easiest for our healers, but we found hugging up became notably harder after 7 stacks. Also, by this time, our melee DPS (3 total, we 1 tank this) is starting to lag behind on killing the adds in time. Prolonging cat phases even further would be possible, but that would require all DPS to focus on adds (instead of only our melee), which leaves Staghelm unattended (which kinda defeats the purpose :P). The hardest part of the this fight for us is the 2nd Scorpion phase, since you'll have to deal with seeds exploding in addition to less ppl to soak the Flame Scythe. Luckily we have 2 DKs, so AMS & ghouls help to ease this by a fair bit*. The 3rd Scorpion phase is without seeds again, so it should be really predictable. If you pop Hero/BL/TW, that will help healers to top the raid fast and get a nice burst of dmg in on the boss. I'd advise you to listen to your healers when they prefer it, since they make or break this phase.

By the time this phase is over, Staghelm is <10% for us. In fact, he's usually around 6% or so by the time the Orbs spawn, so we can easily finish him off from then on and not worry much about the Orbs. A few people will still have to soak them, but that should be fairly easy even in the sloppiest of raids (we're no kings on them either :P). In the end, having Staghelm below 10% before the Orbs spawn was the deciding factor for us. It just leaves very little time to screw up from there on out

*If you have any DKs, make sure they move out of the raid when they have 3s left (unholy presence ftw) and have them pop AMS. This will soak pretty much the entire explosion, so they can run in the raid again and soak the next Scythe. They are also very great for easing damage by popping army just before a Scythe goes off. I tend to use mine around 5 stacks, just before the next Scythe hits (roughly 90 energy). That way the spawning ghouls are within Scythe range and soak some of the damage, easing healer stress by a fair deal.

Deleted
    As mentioned above you should take care of your adrenaline stacks.Push the first scorpion to around 10 stacks+ because its fairly easy to heal through and gives you A LOT more dps time! Then run in on the 6th leap, we push 6 stacks on the second scorpion phase(with seeds) and 1 healer will pop tranq. Then same again on the cat phase and we hero on the 3rd scorpion phase and push it to 8 stacks rotating cds at higher stacks to make them more affect. After the scorpion phase he's either dead or at 1-2% so orbs arent a problem at all

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks everyone, we will take that into account.

We tried a bunch of different ways last night. I'm a Holy Paladin, so I have my stuff right for the most part. We keep getting pretty horrible placement on Orbs still. As in they spawn within 5 yards of each other. Long story short, we decided if that happens we will use 2 ranged DPS for the orbs, one runs in and soaks both orbs, 1 dedicated healer is assigned and then the other DPS rolls in (Hunter) and rinse and repeat. That worked very well until it was time to collapse and then we wiped with him at 1% Bah.

Quote Originally Posted by vicarious ink View Post
    Thanks everyone, we will take that into account.

We tried a bunch of different ways last night. I'm a Holy Paladin, so I have my stuff right for the most part. We keep getting pretty horrible placement on Orbs still. As in they spawn within 5 yards of each other. Long story short, we decided if that happens we will use 2 ranged DPS for the orbs, one runs in and soaks both orbs, 1 dedicated healer is assigned and then the other DPS rolls in (Hunter) and rinse and repeat. That worked very well until it was time to collapse and then we wiped with him at 1% Bah.
    Yeah, our first night on Domo we had many of the same issues with the orbs. I don't mind fights having an aspect of "rng" like this... the problem for me is how much easier the "rng" is to deal with on 10 man. 20 or so attempts on domo in 25m to get our first kill, 2 tries on 10 man with 1 wipe because of a tank dc.

Deleted
    It shouldn't be that much of an issue if you just have one person calling out which orb is taken by which team. 1-2 stacks on random people isn't going to wipe you either.
    If you have orbs very close to each other you should try focussing on killing the spirits fast so your tank is safe and collapse after the orbs are gone. Then it's cake. Use a RaidCD for each scythe then until you run out of CDs and spread out again, the boss should be dead by then.