Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Fine, but claiming that every spec in any kind of gear can do it, and sustain it for minutes is BS.
    Not really...
    Was invited to tank a guild run for a pretty good guild on my server, dps were doing 25-27k without the 15% buff and they don't have full hc FL gear.

And pretty sure no-one expects everyone in any gear to do 30k but my 353 survival huntard still using a 346 wep can do 20k single target without flasks etc thanks to luck of the draw.

If these people are playing Ele shammy or Shadow priest, they may have a point to exaggerate their dps because recount is bugged at the moment and it does not show the dps of certain abilities combined with the players.Only players themselves can see the true dps on recount. For ele shammies, it's fire elemental but dunno the ability name of shadow priests.

are u serious?
    13k average?

but yeah,
    dps counts as how much u do along the fight,
    not the burst u get the most.

edit : nomnom. but 13k average is kinda weird.
    Last edited by depthnight; 2011-08-09 at 03:42 PM.

Deleted
    Some people do not understand what DPS means. For some it is just the highest DPS number the've ever seen on a dummy, will all cooldowns used.

Most however are, as mentioned, full of shit, insecure, liars, or dumb.

As someone mentioned, people do not see the Fire Elemental DPS from shamans, regardless of spec.

Because it happens that people suddenly have a stroke of very high DPS, while they're normally very low. RNG, good luck stroke, pressing the right buttons accidentally... You name it.
    Instead of saying: 'Oh, a fluke, how fun!' they go 'See, I do lots and lots of dups!'
    The difference: The latter statement is better for the ego, and most people wear rose-tinted goggles.

I did anywhere between 5 and 7K DPS in Ulduar times (9K+ on really, really short fights like heroic5s, but that's with everything popped as Enhancement). It was normal to low damage for the very good guilds, but for the people with which I raided, my damage was spectacularly high, so that made me feel good. When compared to the really time-dumping players with skills (there are plenty without any kind of skill whatsoever) I was just on the low end, which makes you feel like a fifth wheel. Nobody wants to be a fifth wheel, obviously.
    Last edited by Stir; 2011-08-09 at 03:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well on my arcane mage (i know i know) i have about a 350 item level, and i can burst about 35k on a dummy, and sustain 15k dps. I haven't done many heroics on him so idk, but people tell me i fail all the time. I know that im at least an average player for a fact.

8 min fight
    Last edited by Chickat; 2011-08-09 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zomg its the epeens they are everywhere

E-peeeeeeeeeeen! This long!

Deleted
    ugh i totally fail at shadow.. i know ur not suppose to use a dummy as a guide, but in 359 gear on the ptr i could only manage 12.5-14.5k
    dummy
    359 gear
    ptr (so you've never played shadow before?)

yeah i do like 16-17k on the dummy max, and 24-29k in raids, sp really depends on other raid buffs and debuffs to be active.

Quote Originally Posted by alliancepwns View Post
    Why do men exaggerate their boob size?

ever thought of that?
    Well... that's just... I'm going to have to go meditate on that one.

As evidenced in this thread, players yearn for respect and want to be acknowledged for their, actual or perceived, skill. The inconvenient truth has no place on forums, or in-game, for that matter.

30k? It's a joke...
    I did 140k in last boss, in Throne of Tides...
    >.<

Alot of people complain about other peoples dps, and claim that they do lets say 24k+, and then they do less then 16k.
    Did they mean burst? People do not pull 30k dps in heroics.. It just doesn't happen unless there freaking superman or on speed. Then they expect a 340 ilev to pull 20k dps when alot of people don't even pull that in raids according to the majority of logs on world of logs.

This is not a QQ thread, just always wondered.
    I do 26k DPS in heroics on boss fights, your point is invalid.
    It's really not hard to do 20k+ with a 15% damage buff. And besides if you have 340ilvl you shouldn't even be inside ZG/ZA since it is designed for 346+.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    I hear these kind of stories a lot. Around the times of Ulduar my boyfriend was raiding with another shaman who claimed to do 6k+ DPS that time, while my boyfriend did roughly 4,6k. When he asked this other shaman to show how he does his DPS he practically popped his wolves, Bloodlust, trinkets and whatever, attacked a dummy for 5 seconds which got him 6k DPS and started going "Look, I can do 6k DPS!". So yeah.. I guess most of the time people are just exaggarating because it makes them feel all fluffy and nice inside when they can beat someone's DPS with their "DPS".
    Ulduar you say?

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/78305783-4.jpg, HC kill so the heart was long gone.

Alot of people complain about other peoples dps, and claim that they do lets say 24k+, and then they do less then 16k.
    Did they mean burst? People do not pull 30k dps in heroics.. It just doesn't happen unless there freaking superman or on speed. Then they expect a 340 ilev to pull 20k dps when alot of people don't even pull that in raids according to the majority of logs on world of logs.

This is not a QQ thread, just always wondered.
    Find someone in old heroic t11 gear, thats almost a guranteed 30k dps depending on the fight in a heroic, thats another thing, someone can say they do 24k+ dps, but in reality it all depends on the fight/person behind the character

Quote Originally Posted by Klasis View Post
    This. I also hate when they base their damage off of aoe pulls.
    So you're saying my 180k dps off of Rhyolith gauntlet trash isn't accurate?

I find it funnier when somebody says I know I do poor DPS, it is only 50K!. It is already very high, yet they try to make their opinion seem humble and such. It is fairly laughable, and I find it is the same thing as you mention, only happening differently, OP

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    You can easily do 30k+ damage in a 5 man dungeon on a boss. You just have to have the gear and knowledge and time your stuff right and you can do it. Providing the fight doesn't last too long. But...it can be done and it has been done.
    Lucky crits and an insta-death when the boss gobbles up your aggro and one-shots you. That'd do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    I do 26k DPS in heroics on boss fights, your point is invalid.
    It's really not hard to do 20k+ with a 15% damage buff. And besides if you have 340ilvl you shouldn't even be inside ZG/ZA since it is designed for 346+.
    i never said anything about zg or za... but still the ones i have done people diddnt really break much above 20k

Short answer: They don't.

Long answer: I've pulled 100k+ dps many times. Those fights are usually short in duration or have certain buffs involved.
    *Serious face... fist in air.*