Deleted

Total computer noob looking for some advice.

Hey so I'm about to buy a new computer (yes its one of these <_> ) it's the Hp pavilion HPE h8-1010be - LN808EA

-Intel core i7-2600 processer
    -memory : 8 GB (DDR3)
    -hard disc : 2 TB (2700RPM )
    -graphics card : NVIDIA GeForce GT 530 (2GB reservated memory ) This is my main concern as the reviews I have read aren't great .

So like I mentioned before I'm a total computer noob , I just copy pasted what the folder said if u need more information about it let me know .
    I want to know if I will be able to run wow smoothly on max graphics and if this computer will last me a long time , Thanks in advance ! . Any helpfull information will be much appreciated.
    Last edited by mmoc064098968c; 2011-08-09 at 03:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't buy and HP first off

Is it because your parents want to purchase from them, or because it's from Best Buy, or what? Just curious on why the choosing of an HP

www.cyberpowerinc.com and www.ibuypower.com are both good sites for getting a prebuilt computer
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

From looking at the specs given, i would definitely go with one of the two options given by Demon, being able to customize the computer to you liking is immensely better than a prebuilt. Myself, being cheap and having no bank account at the time, bought a $400 comp from walmart and slapped a 9500gt video card in it and it runs perfectly.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Deleted
    We just went to the local computer store and this is what they adviced us , I will definetly check those sites out , thanks for replies !

---------- Post added 2011-08-09 at 03:57 PM ----------

Sites look really good prices are way cheaper than my local store , the only problem I have is that I know very little about computers so I don't really know which ones will furfill my needs . I got a pretty high budget , so I was looking at the Gamer paladin E860 is it alot better than the rest ?. Also I'm from belgium so do those sites ship towards here or not ?
    Last edited by mmoc064098968c; 2011-08-09 at 03:59 PM.

Those are US sites i guess you go with Alternate.nl (They ship to BE but idk how much they charge)

---------- Post added 2011-08-09 at 04:12 PM ----------

Those are US sites i guess you go with Alternate.nl (They ship to BE but idk how much they charge) or Mindfactory.de who is abit cheaper but charges 30 Euro(outside Germany) for each Package.
    The black blood of Yogg'saron causes through me! I AM UNSTOPPALBLE!

I have just bought all my parts to custom build a PC, from your setup this is what I would change:

Processor: Get i5 2500k, i7 isnt really supported by many games at all yet (hyperthreading), and the i5 is OCable. (Only the 2500k, not 2500) - Save you ~£100
    Graphics: I chose the GTX 560 Ti, I felt it offered the most bang for its buck, and will easily run wow.
    RAM: Make sure your mobo and RAM can run in dual channel mode, and you get 2x 4GB. Cheaper, faster and more stable than 4x 2GB.
    Motherboard: The main thing I took from this was leave room for upgrades (For example SSD's and an extra graphics card)

Whats your spending limit, by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by kytz View Post
    We just went to the local computer store and this is what they adviced us , I will definetly check those sites out , thanks for replies !

---------- Post added 2011-08-09 at 03:57 PM ----------

Sites look really good prices are way cheaper than my local store , the only problem I have is that I know very little about computers so I don't really know which ones will furfill my needs . I got a pretty high budget , so I was looking at the Gamer paladin E860 is it alot better than the rest ?. Also I'm from belgium so do those sites ship towards here or not ?
    I have an Ibuypower purchased from Newegg.com, definitely check them out. But you want an idea of stats that your computer should have to run WoW on ultra with, say minimum 40 frames per second and last a while?

Processor: You need a minimum of 2.8 Ghz if you want your computer to still be as powerful in a year. ~2 Cores if you want to be cheap, Quad Core if you want to be good, 6/8 Cores if you want to waste money. I'd recommend minimum of AMD Phenom II 64bit (3.4 GHz) or the intel core 2 quad (2.83 GHz)

Hard drive: Irrelevant, that has to do with how much media you store. If you don't download a lot of movies, 500gb is more than enough, or go for 1-2 tb. All hard drives fail within 2-3 years by design.

Ram: 2-4 gigs if you get a 32 bit computer, 4-16 gigs if you use a 64 bit computer.

Graphics card: Non-linear, I'd say Nvidia 9800GT is becoming the "average" almost falling into low-tier. Anything about, and maybe 1 card below should be ok. Not sure about ATI.

I have 80 fps on ultra, all settings maximum (60-70 fps in windowed mode);
    500 gb hdd
    4 gigs ram
    amd phenom II x4
    nvidia 9800gt.

Quote Originally Posted by Apexeon View Post
    I have an Ibuypower purchased from Newegg.com, definitely check them out. But you want an idea of stats that your computer should have to run WoW on ultra with, say minimum 40 frames per second and last a while?

Processor: You need a minimum of 2.8 Ghz if you want your computer to still be as powerful in a year. ~2 Cores if you want to be cheap, Quad Core if you want to be good, 6/8 Cores if you want to waste money. I'd recommend minimum of AMD Phenom II 64bit (3.4 GHz) or the intel core 2 quad (2.83 GHz)

Hard drive: Irrelevant, that has to do with how much media you store. If you don't download a lot of movies, 500gb is more than enough, or go for 1-2 tb. All hard drives fail within 2-3 years by design.

Ram: 2-4 gigs if you get a 32 bit computer, 4-16 gigs if you use a 64 bit computer.

Graphics card: Non-linear, I'd say Nvidia 9800GT is becoming the "average" almost falling into low-tier. Anything about, and maybe 1 card below should be ok. Not sure about ATI.

I have 80 fps on ultra, all settings maximum (60-70 fps in windowed mode);
    500 gb hdd
    4 gigs ram
    amd phenom II x4
    nvidia 9800gt.
    Please don't measure a processors power by ghz.... ghz is a scaling mechanism, and a terrible measure of a cpu's actual performance. A 4ghz sandy bridge would pummel a 4ghz phenom II into the ground.
    The hard drive is far from irrelevant... getting a spintpoint f3 or caviar black can cut your loading times in half compared to some random 5400rpm "green" drive. And they don't fail by design... and I've had plenty of them last much longer than 3 years
    Buying a 9800gt right now would be silly... it's over 3 years old now, the end of its lifespan. It can still work in wow since wow has such bad graphics, but if you play any modern games it will really struggle. If you want a build to last a couple years, you don't want to buy anything weaker than a 6870/6950/560ti.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

the only issue i have with those sites is the fact they usually give you crappy gfx cards.
    they are good for those less tech savvy people but be ready to pay a little more than what the parts are worth.