New Mic, have problem. PLEASE HELP!

I know this may sound stupid but I'm really good with PC's, I built my own for the last 10 years and know how to trouble-shoot a lot of things..but one thing I lack is sound experience..yes SOUND lol..so here's my deal.

So I went and bought a new mic today and not realizing that I didn't buy USB I bought analog(2 male ends)

One pink(Mic)
    One black(headphones)

I use onboard sound because it's more than I need but my problem is this.

Right now I have 2 speakers and a Sub, 1 wire
    Speakers on my monitor, 1 wire
    and Headphones, 2 wires.

When I had the USB I just had a splitter turning 2 males into one male and plugged both my speakers and monitor speakers into that one splitter.

Now I know where to plug the Mic(pink) plug in but where can I plug the other wire for the headphones in?

Do I take the monitor speaker plug out and plug it in there? If so where can I put that speaker?

Right now I have 4 open slots in the back, Line-In, Rear, Side and Sub. I tried plugging the monitor wire into the side, and it doesn't work.

Other notes:
    -Link with onboard sound and names - Click For Image
    -Using Realtek drivers
    -Headphones don't have drivers or software
    -I'll be checking this post a lot so if you have questions they will be answered quickly.
    -Thanks in advance.
    Any ideas?

Ideally you want your headphones to be plugged into the green (line out) and pink (mic in).

You might want to consider picking up one of these:
    http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-PC...2910448&sr=8-1

It allows you to plug your speakers into the back of it, as well as both connections from your headset (3). Then you run the wires that come out of it to your line out (green) and mic in (pink). When you want your headset, you just flip the switch and it swaps which feed gets the line out (green) connection.

You may want to explore your sound options in windows to see what your default ports are for output. You may be able to macgyver something in there to get it to work how you would like.

Wish I could suggest more than that but every time I've used monitor speakers they've just been a headache.

*EDIT*:
    A cheaper alternative... I'm pretty sure I only paid like $14 for my Plantronics one, possibly less. $40 is a little overkill. Does the same thing.

http://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-Spea...2910993&sr=1-3
    Last edited by sabbath032; 2011-08-09 at 05:31 PM.

I guess I can manage without monitor speakers until I get something like that, I just grew used to the sound I guess. Or just return these headphones for USB ones.

Thanks.

---------- Post added 2011-08-09 at 01:39 PM ----------

I have another question.

Will any of those other plugs work for the headset? Like Rear or Side?

Because the only thing I want to hear from my headset is Vent. And as of right now I hear everything that I hear on my speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapt View Post
    I guess I can manage without monitor speakers until I get something like that, I just grew used to the sound I guess. Or just return these headphones for USB ones.

Thanks.
    Sounds like the reason for such a hefty configuration NOT including the headset you just bought is because you somewhat desire a good sound system. In my experience that would mean you probably want a decent sounding headset as well. Most analog sets nowadays are completely trash as they only offer stereo sound capabilities (dont buy analog "surround" headsets as they only replicate channels to create a front-rear effect."

Save the time/money from amazon and go exchange your headset and get a USB one, it makes it simple... Plug it in , it cuts out the audio to your monitor/external speakers, unplug it, monitor/speakers work. With the benefit of software for the USB headsets and their increased ability to produce better audio, its the way to go. Yes you may spend a few more bucks to get something decent, but you are already wasting time/money by dealing with what is an easy solution that you already admitted you know how to solve yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Save the time/money from amazon and go exchange your headset and get a USB one, it makes it simple
    Exactly what I'm doing now :P

Thanks guys.

Just wanted to try everything I could before I left to go do that..I live in the sticks so Best Buy/Office Max etc are like 35 miles away

Thanks again.