Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Just a little fact-checker for the OP: Hellfire, the expansion to original Diablo, wasn't done by Blizzard North, it was done by SIERRA.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Just a little fact-checker for the OP: Hellfire, the expansion to original Diablo, wasn't done by Blizzard North, it was done by SIERRA.
    Moo, I said moo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 isn't even out yet, though.

Deleted
    Just please remake the very first Diablo, man that was ultimate game.

Tochlight 2. But I don't think I will play both games for a long time. D3 will be dead after 2 month, when the Bots have ruined the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i absolutely love Diablo 1 and 2, and cannot wait for Diablo 3. I look at Torchlight(which i am currently playing for the first time) as a similar game in the genre not a clone or successor. So my answer is Diablo 3 and i am excited for Torchlight 2 as well.

Wow was created by many designers who are no longer designing Wow, yet the game seems to have taken a very good turn.
    I trust they will not ruin the Diablo Fan Dream and lose everything that made the game good. (cough)

And how many people knew about it let alone bought it?

One's working on perfecting tradition, the other's creating it.
    New and shiny compppppp!

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Torchlight...but I find it kind of funny that people think it's Diablo 2's "true successor".

Torchlight 2. I would've bought Diablo 3, then they announced real money AH and always online DRM.

---------- Post added 2011-08-15 at 01:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Diablo 3 will kick Torchlight`s ass any day of the week
    And yes ive played torchlight and YES its a good game, but its just "not the same" as Diablo 2 at least, will see how it goes with Torchlight 2.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torchlight_II
    If its not the same, what makes you think Diablo 3 will be with totally different people who have never worked on a Diablo game before working on it?
    When life gives you lemons, throw them back and say, "WTF life?"

D3's graphic gives much more mood and feeling than D2 even Flux said that New Tristram's astromosphere is amazing and about gore D3 have it too just go check some screenshots.

Deleted
    Torchlight 2 should be a good quality game, I'll be buying it at launch. Everyone has their own preferences, personally I prefer the feel and lore of Torchlight, as well as the graphics engine and gameplay (no RMAH,battlenet etc).

There's plenty of info in the website and forums for those interested http://www.torchlight2game.com/

Deleted
    What about http://www.drakensang-online.com/ ?
    Its Free2Play with optional In-Game Payments. Currently Open Beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    i can't begin to clock the hours i spent on d1 and d2 oh lord

d3 saddens me with the cash for items crap waited all these years for d3 to be announced it happened and then we kept getting updates looking good so far then

boom buy and sell with real cash /sad face

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    And how many people knew about it let alone bought it?
    I did and I loved playing as a monk. I don't remember anything else other than that though. Diablo 1 was just some game I've never heard of that I borrowed from a friend one day. It was really fun but didn't have the online community that Diablo 2 had.

I would have to go with Diablo 3 for the successor. Torchlight wasn't that good of a game and I only played for a few hours. It was very boring and too much like D2. Yes yes I know the same people worked on it, which is actually worse since it shows they have no creativity. It did have a couple of neat things but there was no drive.

Enjoyed the first torchlight, but it was short...... hope the 2nd one will take ALOT longer than 10hours to complete, tired of all modern RPGs being completed so quickly nowadays, just did dungeon siege 3 in 11hours, very dissapointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    I didnt like anything said about diablo 3 so far. Torchlight 2 seems more promising to me
    ^This.
    Nothing about Diablo 3 has peeked my interest beyond the fact that it is a new Diablo game.

I have played Torchlight and loved it despite it's minor flaws. Taking into account the time frame and money that went into the game, I thought it was a very well produced game that could use a few tweaks. My hopes are that Torchlight 2 will fill in the gaps that Torchlight had.
    Hell, I'm going to play both anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Torchlight is looking way better than Diablo 3 for me as well.

But let me show you something else as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kucFP3wN3Eo

I had forgotten this, thanks for the clarification.

FWIW, Blizzard pretty much pretends Hellfire never existed; it wasn't bundled in most of the series packs, and they've actually stated the new monk class is 100% unrelated to the Hellfire version. And DIablo 2 ignores Hellfire in terms of continuity.

Man, I haven't even though about Sierra in years. All I remember is: "Climb tree" -- "That's not very ladylike Rosella."