Felguard suggestion

So I'm not sure if I'm the only one who is bothered by using the felpuppy for single target and only getting to use the Felguard for AoE occasions, but I was thinking, Felpuppy wasn't all that great till they buffed his little shadow bite. Why not give the Felguard the same treatment? Enabling Leagon Strike to do bonus damage to its primary target for added Dot's on it. Not effecting the cleave dmg and yet buffing the single target dmg. Thoughts, Ideas, concerns?
    Please tell me what you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every pet needs to have a niche, it just happens that the Fel guard's is aoe.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    if that were the case, then the voidwalker would hold aggro....

@OP: I don't think the damage should scale from DoT's since that would be too similar to the Fel Hunter... maybe scale from SP? so it would do x damage split among targets in range (same amount it does now) plus an additional y damage to the primary target (which would be affected by the Dark Arts talent)... hell they could even lower the cleave effect a bit so that AoE remains the same since the new Legion Strike would be a cleave + primary target attack

But what if they made Axe Toss deal damage comparable to Legion Strike? might have some PvP issues, but this seems like a likely place to start if they don't like the above
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    While I agree with the idea behind your statement, I really have to disagree that the Felguard shouldn't be Demonology's go-to pet for everything. It's your special spell you get for going that spec, you should be able to use it. Not to mention the Felhunter Demon Soul isn't anywhere near as beneficial as the Felguard one, and pet swapping is just a stupid, clunky mechanic that shouldn't have to be done.

Just my thoughts though.

And, OP: I agree. They should just increase the damage legion strike does to the primary target and reduce the cleave damage so it's not horribly overpowered in AoE situations. Or boost up Legion Strike's damage to that of Shadow Bite and remove the cleave entirely. To be honest I couldn't care either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Just kinda Urks me that we get a demon Unique to our spec and we only use it when the occasion arises... and If were going to go with the SP scale It could cause issues like you mentioned, Which is why I mentioned dot based like Shadow bite, and having the cleave not factored in. Perhaps having a said amount of damage like it currently has and only have that apply to the cleave effect, while letting the Main target of the demon scale upwards.

It would help if demon soul was spec based and not pet based; get rid of the Succy one altogether and make Voidwalker a special exception

I wish they'd bring back the old demonic empowerment too.

Yea the new demonic empowerment is just ugh for pve.

Quote Originally Posted by svisastin View Post
    Just kinda Urks me that we get a demon Unique to our spec and we only use it when the occasion arises... and If were going to go with the SP scale It could cause issues like you mentioned, Which is why I mentioned dot based like Shadow bite, and having the cleave not factored in. Perhaps having a said amount of damage like it currently has and only have that apply to the cleave effect, while letting the Main target of the demon scale upwards.
    when I said "PvP issues" I was referring to if they added damage to Axe Throw... if it were to scale from SP (like it already does) then all they would have to do is split the current damage into 2 numbers (one for single target, one for AoE) and increase the single target portion

if they did it that way then maybe they could double the damage on single target and keep the damage the same as it is now if it hits more than lets say 3 targets

so lets say that it deals 5k damage right now... with 5 adds this means that it would deal 1k damage to each add.... but with the new model, it would deal 10k damage when it hits 1-3 mobs but when it hits 4 the damage would be cut in half and THEN split

they could even word it like this (for simplicity I'll keep the formula from wowhead):

A sweeping attack that does the Felguard's weapon damage plus ((($SP * 0.50) * 2) * 0.264 + 138) divided among all targets within 6 yards, and also wounds the Felguard's current target reducing the effectiveness of any healing received for 6 sec. If Legion Strike hits less than 4 targets, its damage is doubled.
    ^win

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post
    But what if they made Axe Toss deal damage comparable to Legion Strike? might have some PvP issues, but this seems like a likely place to start if they don't like the above
    Could easily be solved like they did with Deep Freeze. If the target is permanently immune to stuns, it does a ton of damage. If not, it stuns.

Quote Originally Posted by noaim View Post
    Could easily be solved like they did with Deep Freeze. If the target is permanently immune to stuns, it does a ton of damage. If not, it stuns.
    true... I didn't even consider that lmao
    ^win