Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    thats a shame, i liked eureka, it was a bit of light hearted entertainment with a sci-fi twist, it's a darn sight better than a lot of other shite on atm.

why the hell was stargate universe cancelled? it was just getting good when they pulled the plug
    Stargate Universe getting good? imo it was terrible compared to SG1 and Atlantis.

Deleted
    Damn I'm not the biggest scifi fan but I googled this and the series doesn't look so bad...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Stargate Universe getting good? imo it was terrible compared to SG1 and Atlantis.
    But it was still new Stargate and it was getting interesting and it ending in a cliffhanger is even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    ew... yeah remember TechTV.. now we got G4 and those asshats over there.
    And now theres ten percent tech, ten percent games, and 80% ninja warriors/cops/ect (stopped watching the channel completely)
    I miss the thirty minute history shows of video games. It was very informative.

On Eureka: The show lost it's flavor [to me] by the end of season two, but it's always terrible to see a decent show cancelled.
    But at least it didn't end like Stargate Universe... or Atlantis. "Lets fly Atlantis back to earth? YEAH! You go Carter!"

Deleted
    I got tired of the serie after the countless breaks it took, so this is no suprise.

But i hate to see a good sci fi serie go, not enough good ones these days and they usually just stay on for one season.
    This makes me not want to wach any new series..

Deleted
    to be honest Syfy started on a downward spiral to moment it re-branded from scifi to its current syfy.
    The news of eureka being cancled is just another nail in the coffin of a once decent tv station.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    But it was still new Stargate and it was getting interesting and it ending in a cliffhanger is even worse.
    Don't think it would get any good, Stargate was famous with its own kind of humor, traveling to new planets and so on, while SGU was BSG wannabe, and even failed at that, hardly failed.

Only show which cancel made me sad was Caprica...

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    so they canceled their stargate series, which i will never find out whats happens to the wraith...or if they ever get home from that ship. Now there canceling eureka my new show ( i just got the begging of the 4th season on dvd, so i could catch up. ).. i hope they end the show better then with cliff hangers like in stargate shows.. atleast they finished sg1....

there only on the 4th season now right? so they still have a 5th to go right?
    Last edited by Norn; 2011-08-10 at 04:37 PM.

I stopped caring about Sci Fi when stargate was cancelled, it had a lot of good shows I grew up with, and I never really got into any of there new material, was one less reason for me to keep satelite too .

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 04:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Norn View Post
    so they canceled their stargate series, which i will never find out whats happens to the wraith...or if they ever get home from that ship. Now there canceling eureka my new show ( i just got the begging of the 4th season on dvd, so i could catch up. ).. i hope they end the show better then with cliff hangers like in stargate shows.. atleast they finished sg1....

there only on the 4th season now right? so they still have a 5th to go right?
    All of stargate is on netflix now if you ever get that, and also they still make movies, but that is a slow once a year process.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unionoob View Post
    Don't think it would get any good, Stargate was famous with its own kind of humor, traveling to new planets and so on, while SGU was BSG wannabe, and even failed at that, hardly failed.

Only show which cancel made me sad was Caprica...
    Ive tought of SGU more like a Voyager wannabe instead of a BSG wannabe and ye i miss Caprica to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comcast bought NBCU not too long back, IIRC...

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    to be honest Syfy started on a downward spiral to moment it re-branded from scifi to its current syfy.
    The news of eureka being cancled is just another nail in the coffin of a once decent tv station.
    TBH, the downward spiral really started at the end of the 90s/early 2000s, that's around when the network idiots started to show their desire of branching out from Sci-Fi programming and stupidly cancelling shows that helped build the network. Two words, Bonnie Hammer... Conveniently now running USA and treated the Sci-Fi/Fantasy shows it had like she did those on Sci-Fi. Granted at least USA still has some good original programming...

15+ Year Old Account
    Awwwww. Eureka's teh best!

Oh well, I figured as much since they show like 6 episodes at a time and then hold a 12 month pause and show 6 eps more. Obviously something stinks.

Too bad they cancel all the good shows :/ First Firefly, SG, then Atlantis and Caprica. And now Eureka. And I didn't even mention the 4 other scifi shows.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Yeah, I blame the people who directed SGU, not the same as SG1 and SGA, plus my god drama.
    Meh, I actually like Eureka.
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it sucks when they cancel shows like that and they don´t have any ending at all, just look at how Las Vegas show ended... it ended on a fkn MAJOR cliffhanger.. sigh I´m still pissed about that cancel :/
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Too bad Like that show alot. Will still be a good bunch of episodes tho so hope for a good ending atleast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eureka was one of the few remaining reasons to actually watch Syfy.

SGU was atrocious and should've been culled sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggiej View Post
    and also they still make movies, but that is a slow once a year process.
    I thought i read somewhere they werent going to make any more movies since one of the people behind the franchises had a hissy fit when SGU died and blamed it on the fans.