I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Is LFG getting better?

I left WoW a few weeks after the ZA/ZG release due to having to travel a lot for my job. I came back about a week ago and have noticed a big difference in the random groups I get set up with. From Cata release till the time I left it seemed like every other group I was in had someone calling names, putting people down, getting bent out of shape over nothing, or rage-quitting.

Now I go into the LFG and this rarely happens. Most groups I am in run flawlessly or the hicups along the way don't cause members of the groups to completely lose it. I've even seen members go out of their way to help newer players to that particular dungeon *gasp*. I still get the random person who wants call everyone 'baddies' or 'fail dps/tank/healer' or worse even when everyone is playing well....but it is about 1/7 of the groups I am in versus 1/2 (or more) of them.

Have you noticed the LFG getting better?

Did the recent loss of subs consist of a large portion of pseudo-elitists?

...Or are most players so overgeared for the various heroic instances that being good or bad doesn't really matter?

It might just be me, but most of the groups I get in to are pretty good. Most don't say much except someone asking if everyone knows the fight, tank doing CC etc. Only about 1/20 groups, there is either some elitest jackass demanding 20k+ dps, or someone who's just a jackass.

I'd say it's more a case of most players now being over geared and having run the places so often now for the ZA/ZG dungeons, making the runs more of a formality than a test.

Earlier on there was time between pulls, mobs, wipes etc for namecalling etc and the skill/gear worn ratio required higher skill. Now it's eased off a bit you still get the occasional elitist or jerk, but it's mostly just 1st pull to last pull without any break between unless someone really is horrible. The slightly below average player is easier to either ignore, accept or even not notice.

Deleted
    Good players tend to que random Heroics a lot more now since the VP cap change etc, I think that has something to do with it. I know for one I never qued them before but now I que them every Tuesday with a friend usually to get all our VP before raid to get that new piece of loot.

Most players have learned the fights by now and people have better gear. This makes everything go smoothly and reduces raging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

10+ Year Old Account
    some of the jack asses u speak of are funny though like in my low lvl grp once i got agro on one non elite mob and tank starting yellling at me to stop agroing happened once more by mistake and he rage quit... i dont get some people

Deleted
    I still get groups made up of people who got dropped as infants, but I run with guildies most of the time to avoid them.

Deleted
    I have seen a vast improvement in the groups I get paired with since the 4.1 patch was released.

I think it is down to all the things you mentioned. It is very rare to find people who don't know the tactics for these instances these days and this helps calm the rage quitters and those who rage about everything regardless of whether it is going well or not. It does also help that a large portion of the player base is now fully fitted in 353-378 gear and no longer has to rely on mastering tactics in order to make up for lesser gear.

Can almost guarantee that as soon as the next set of heroics are rolled out that everything will boil up again and the "elitists", "Rage Quitters" and "bads" all show up again in force to get on the nerves of the average player until the gear and knowledge balances it all out again.

Most of the Zandalari groups I get in are pleasant experiences. Might get the elitist every once in a while but I don't really pay attention to chat in the first place.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are getting Firelands gear now and the instances have ben out for some months so nearly everyone will know them. Also the PvPers that join for whatever reason will now join in their 371 honor gear which is god enough for ZA/ZG.
    Also I notice quite a difference betweeen coming their on my main or alts, since I can really carry the instances on mym ain but not so much on my alts.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    wierdly i am finding all the rude/ignorant/annoying players on my low level LFGs, lvl 85 LFGs have definitely improved apart from the tank's quitting after second boss in ZA or before a first trash pull in either Zul. I have a lowbie goblin warrior lvl 18 atm, tanking 1-2 instances a week, the number of gogogo players, meleeing casters, dps warriors who pull and healers who havent a clue is phenomenal. Now that i have my ambassador title on that toon, I will turn xp back on and quest for xp and avoid instances except for the achieves and quests.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've found two situations with random ZA / ZG:

1) Tank is not a DK - instance is awesome
    2) Tank is a DK - run is horrible, nightmarish, everyone ends up pissed

My groups are generally pretty good, because I bring the heals and the bf tanks. We get the job done. DPS sometimes randomly drop, but there is rarely any raging. Queueing alone is a different story. It's about 50/50, what with the half-geared (or pvp geared) tanks popping in and out when they don't get their drops, or dps blaming heals for not babysitting them well enough while they broke cc/stood in the fire/didn't stealth before attempting to sap (true story!).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is. Everyone fed up with the idiots on the LFG are quitting WoW. Less people to complain about it and the bad players can't tell each-other apart.

Deleted
    Had a tank earlier with full pvp dps gear in full strength gems barring soul blade and the bs 359 shield. Took 1.5 hours to do ZG (Last dungeon for vp cap) and a constant me taking agro. Then again earlier had 3 dungeons done in a hour with a group and we did 2 bear runs (full pug)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    I've found two situations with random ZA / ZG:

1) Tank is not a DK - instance is awesome
    2) Tank is a DK - run is horrible, nightmarish, everyone ends up pissed
    I'm sorry you feel that way, I am sure given the chance I could change your opinion on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    Yes it is. Everyone fed up with the idiots on the LFG are quitting WoW. Less people to complain about it and the bad players can't tell each-other apart.
    Great News!