Is the Alienware Aurora good for gaming and video editing?

I will be getting a new PC early next year (tax return FTW!) and am wondering if the Alienware Aurora is good for gaming and video editing. For now I'd mainly want to play (on highest settings) WoW , and possibly Star Wars the Old Republic, Battlefield 3, the CoD series and more. I really don't want to build my own right now because I don't know much about that. What would the be life span of the Aurora before I would need to upgrade or get a new PC? The starting price of this PC on the Alienware website is $1,499 and the specs are here. Also the default video card is a Dual 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 - SLI Enabled. Is that good enough for gaming with highest settings? The other dual options are: Dual 1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 - SLI Enabled, Dual 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon HD 6950. Thanks!

Overclocked Quad Core Processors
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600 (8MB Cache) Overclocked Turbo Boost to 3.9GHz [Included in Price]
    Operating System
    Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English
    Aurora 875W Power Supply Chassis
    Matte Stealth Black Chassis with 875W Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
    1333Mhz High Performance Memory
    8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz
    Dual Video Card
    Dual 1.5GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450 - SLI® Enabled
    Raid 0, Extreme Performance Options
    2TB (2x 1TB) SATA II (3Gb/s) 7,200RPM (2x 32MB Cache)
    Sound Card
    Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Dual Drive
    Dual Drives: Blu-ray Disc (BD) Combo (BDROM; DVD/CDBurner) and DVDRW

Well everyone here will suggest that you get your computer from somewhere else.. Not that Alienware comps are bad, they are just extremely overpriced.

10+ Year Old Account
    In that case, it's also bad. 450 GTS with a 875W PSU? Rofl....
    It's amazing how much they overcharge for stupid shit. "Overclocked Turbo Boost to 3.9GHZ" You can get higher on air... they're just fucking lazy halfwits. They don't know the manufacturer of their RAM, HDD, or Motherboard. I wouldn't ever buy an Alienware.

15+ Year Old Account
    You'd want to up the GPUs. 450s are not worth going SLI on.

If you are capable of building legos, or know someone who is, I HIGHLY recommend building your own. You will get same/better performance and save roughly $500.00 just from that base setup.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also to add, there's pretty much no reason to get two optical drives. For some people, even one is overkill.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard