Page 1 of 2
LastLast

warlock vs Spirest Mind Flay

Is the Spriest mind flay just like the warlocks drain life before the nerf? just seems like they can faceroll with mindflay with there 2-3 dots. Maybe blizzard should nerf there mindflay like they have our drain life? . Might not see spriests with less gear then a raid doing crazy dps, or atleast give us our drain life back.
    Anyone else think its like this?

What else are spriests going to use as a filler if they don't use mind flay? Warlocks have Shadow Bolt, which is the filler that they're intended to use.

Deleted
    Blizzard nerfed drain life just for pvp, and mind flay is the only filler that exists for sp.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Blizzard nerfed drain life just for pvp, and mind flay is the only filler that exists for sp.
    No actually they nerfed it because we are "supposed" to use sb for a filler but drain life was better dps. It wasn't nerfed for pvp at all

Quote Originally Posted by Helrizen View Post
    Is the Spriest mind flay just like the warlocks drain life before the nerf??
    To answer your quest, no, it's not. Mind Flay doesn't make it so the Priest needs substantially less healing, Drain Life did.

Also, as already stated, locks had a filler spell they were already intended to use(shadow bolt), spriests don't have another filler.

Deleted
    leave mindflay the way it is,unless sps think it could use some buffing and also buff shadowbolt a lil bit not in dmg but make it have a lower casting time and everyone is happy....why always with the nerfs frist

Deleted
    so if I understand it correctly, your complaining that in a raid a shadowpriest with less gear than you is doing more DPS ?
    if that is the case then stop being a recount whore and be happy that there doing decent DPS, without decent DPS then the bosses wont die

if you were complaining about it in a PVP environment I would understand though

I'd be happy if one day my lock delivers the lowest dps in raid. Just means others got buffed / figured out what they should do. And then our rdps would be more than fine.

Deleted
    I find it hilarious that they said they nerfed it due to being too similar to shadow priest mechanics yet turned fel armor into vampiric embrace.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    I find it hilarious that they said they nerfed it due to being too similar to shadow priest mechanics yet turned fel armor into vampiric embrace.
    Fel Armor gives you spellpower. I sure would like that on my Vampiric Embrace too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Fel Armor gives you spellpower. I sure would like that on my Vampiric Embrace too!
    Tell you what, you can have it, I'll take Mind Flay. You can even have Shadowbolt as part of the deal. But it's a ~2 second cast nuke, works with only 2 or so talents from your tree, and doesn't benefit from your mastery at all

inner fire cough

You beat me to it ponchu.

afflocks and spriests. they're almost the same, one day they will be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    That's more because it actually changes the way you play. I know very little about Locks, but if they were to use Drain Life as a filler instead of Shadow Bolt, I can imagine they play pretty similarly to a S-Priest. Not to mention that they wanted Drain Life to go back to being used for just self healing.

I can haz shadowform? - or perma metamorph form in all specs kgo.

whine-threads-must-be-eliminated-immediately!

Because casting an extra selfbuff to get the same effect is too much work?

Don't really agree with the OP. I play a lock myself and I see what he means about mind flay being a bit high on damage. But as countless people have said it is their only filler. If you were referring to Pve Damage i think shadowbolt needs a buff, because as a filler it hits way too low. 15k on normal hit and 32k on crit. Not the best filler when I hear mind blast is doing 135k on below 25%.(i've only ever seen Drain soul tick for 70k and thats with all procs, DS/trinkets.) I'm guessing this way it won't affect pvp too much as perhaps it could be something you talent into like shadow and flame. No idea, just sharing thoughts.

edited - typed shadowflame instead of shadow and flame QQ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickzdmaw View Post
    Don't really agree with the OP. I play a lock myself and I see what he means about mind flay being a bit high on damage. But as countless people have said it is their only filler. If you were referring to Pve Damage i think shadowbolt needs a buff, because as a filler it hits way too low. 15k on normal hit and 32k on crit. Not the best filler when I hear mind blast is doing 135k on below 25%.(i've only ever seen Drain soul tick for 70k and thats with all procs, DS/trinkets.) I'm guessing this way it won't affect pvp too much as perhaps it could be something you talent into like shadow and flame. No idea, just sharing thoughts.

mind blast isn't a filler since it has a 6 sek cooldown, so it's more like conflagrate than shadowbolt. Also, they need to stack shadow orbs to reach that high a number, and they're consumed when mind blasting. And their 4t12 bonus also increases their mind blast damage. So if you stack everthing together you get really high numbers, but the same is true of every other class.

Deleted
    Go back to Inner Fire.