Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jball2k View Post
    I could be part of the Trading Card Game as well...There is no 100% solid evidence that this is the next xpack. Unless you HEAR it from Blizz, don't believe it.

It could be a content patch for the future though, maybe a new area for questing and dailies. Just be patient and stop jumping to conclusions. I trust Blizzard to make quality games, no matter how bizarre it sounds.
    Nowhere in the trademark does it mention cards, trading cards, advertising for trading cards, or anything even remotely associated with the TCG. Feel free to keep watching the trademark site for more stuff from Blizzard. This is the exact same way people found out Burning Crusades name. The exact same way people found out Wrath's name. The exact same way people found out Cataclysm's name. Yet until the day the game was announced at Blizzcon people still held their fingers in their ears going "LALALALALA YOU'RE WRONG ITS EMERALD DREAM." Fool me once shame on you. Fool me 4 times, something is wrong with my brain.

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jball2k View Post
    just because it's trademarked, doesn't mean it's going to happen. Just wait and see.
    In many ways, yes it does. There is no reason to file for intellectual property protection unless you are actually using what you have trademarked. It is an expensive and difficult process that needs to examine essentially every other existing trademark that it could resemble. When trademarks are filed, they are filed with the full intention of using that trademarked name and information.

2 months before Blizzcon '09, they filed a Trademark for "Cataclysm".

I fought it then, saying it could be anything and not JUST a WoW Expansion.

... flash forward to today - and 2 months before Blizzcon '11 they file a Trademark for "Mists of Pandaria"

...I've learned my lesson.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyuze View Post
    Could be an expensive publicity stunt.
    Blizzard, the gaming company responsible for the world's largest and most successful MMO, the world's largest and most successful RTS, and arguably the most popular RPG-style game in Diablo, does not need publicity. They do not file fake patents with the hope that some guy fishing for Titan info will find it. If Blizzard wants something announced they do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it will be a new xpac tbh, I think it'll be something else.

Maybe it's Titan!

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post

Maybe it's Titan!
    This is my current favorite idea, but it's just so overwhelmingly unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post

Maybe it's Titan!
    Extremely unlikely. They have explicitly stated that Titan will be an all-new IP unrelated to any of their existing universes, and though currently most of their lore is in the non-canon tabletop RPG, Pandaren and Pandaria are both part of the Warcraft IP.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

patches don`t have cds
    gives us something to think about before blizzcon
    probably some halloween masks of the two races in another patch
    they`ve only trademarked expansions previously
    the timing is right

everything points to it being an expansion, which makes me happy because HOPEFULLY it won`t have to do with boring azeroth again, or a revamped TBC full of reused heroics, maybe just maybe they`re using the money to get some subscribers back and not just sucking as much money with as little effort as possible like a CoD game.

Why don't people READ THE THREADS ALREADY HERE.

---------- Post added 2011-08-10 at 02:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lukyl View Post
    Having to trademark a phrase such as MoP could be because they will have an event to bide time and lighten the mood of the WoW community with free pets being baby pandas or something... so many other more logical reasons to the MoP then an entire expansion..
    Yeah.

Because this is the logical conclusion when Blizzard trademarks a name thats going to be sold along with digital software and CD's and instruction manuals.

A light hearted in game event where they give away free baby pandas.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.