Deleted

Need holy priest tips

I have a holy paladin currently at 6/7 in firelands, but I'm currently changing guilds and the new guild that I'm changing to requires a holy priest instead of a paladin, so I rerolled.

I'm having several troubles healing as a priest because it feels really weird compared to paladin healing and I don't really know how to act very well when aoe damage appears, so I would like you guys to give me a few tips to improve.

my armory: eu .battle. net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/Holyshield/advanced (can't post links) my gear aint that good because i only started gearing 3 days ago

Deleted
    First of all, I am going to beat Mazi to it by linking your one stop shop all things Holy Priest (in case you haven't read it already): http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...uide-%284.2%29

With regards to your gear, nothing to really say. You clearly have the gist of what your supposed to be doing. Good luck on getting upgrades!

Can't really fault your spec either.

POM, POH, & COH are your friends. For high damage phases COH, and POM must be cast on CD. Could be wrong but heard Sanctuary was still mana inefficient unless everyone is grouped. So P2 only essentially for rag.

Serendipity also affects POH, so i'll typically cast a binding heal on someone from the group im in and then POH the other group can be quite good.

On rag, I would get the last talent for renew so you can renew spam as you travel accross the platform, which happens often in that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    First of all, I am going to beat Mazi to it by linking your one stop shop all things Holy Priest (in case you haven't read it already): http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ng-Guide-(4.2)

With regards to your gear, nothing to really say. You clearly have the gist of what your supposed to be doing. Good luck on getting upgrades!

Can't really fault your spec either.
    <3

10 char limit
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Can you be a bit more specific about "what feels weird" about it compared to Paladin healing? I'm guessing a lot of the discomfort is simply lack of familiarity with priest spells and how to react in crunch time. But, everyone seems to think you're on the right track so far!

Deleted
    I think the most "weird" thing about going from pala to priest would be the fact that you actually get REAL aoe abilities that have no cooldown. Oh and you get HOTs!

When I play on my pala, I really miss POH. When I'm on my priest, I really miss bubble and sac. But thats about it. :P

Phht, when I play Disc, I miss being able to cast on the move, and heal an entire group at once!