Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

nice epic i assume or added more armor so we can kill rangos or something xD

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Hmm, wonder what they would have changed
    who knowns what bizz and mmo-champ are doing just as long we get to have fun and find out what they put in wow ptr it might be a exciting

i hope its a new 5 man or raid ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Character Copies just reset within the past 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    Rets are fine. Give them more dmg and they will dominate in PVP again and then will be nerfed back. PVE'ers be happy that some of the BEST guilds are still using Rets on heroic Ragnaros, check Flash from Vodka, for example.
    Rets are not fine. Raidbots 25 man heroic mode listing of top 100 dps also disagrees with you. Paragons Ret had this to say: http://www.paragon.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2355. Ret in Firelands is pretty bad, due to a combination of the raids mechanics and Rets own problems. Enhance Shaman had a similar issue before this tier, which seems to have been evened out somewhat.

Both Ret Paladins and Enhance Shaman have the same issues, mainly scaling, and heavy reliance on one secondary stat (Mastery). Only difference between Ret and Enhance is that Ret also has too much reliance on cds, and as a result sustained dps is lacklustre, while burst is a bit too heavy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should get interesting in the coming days.

Can anyone confirm if you can really play in portuguese with this build?

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    I am hoping to get a revamped AQ20 with this one, anything alternative to ZA/ZG, yet has greater availability(LFD tool) compared to raids would be nice

I for one am not hoping that...

I would like to see them use the cash people who play their game throw at them and come up with NEW stuff instead of recycling stuff that was boring years ago. I ran all the past instances until death, and really if I wouldn't be forced to do them I wouldn't visit them again. I think I did about 6 recyrcled ZG/ZA in total, just can't take it, it's the same stuff I did 2 to 5 years ago.

And god I hope anything that comes next it not fire themed, brown and orange.

---------- Post added 2011-08-11 at 03:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ap0calypse View Post
    Rets are not fine. Raidbots 25 man heroic mode listing of top 100 dps also disagrees with you. Paragons Ret had this to say: http://www.paragon.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2355. Ret in Firelands is pretty bad, due to a combination of the raids mechanics and Rets own problems. Enhance Shaman had a similar issue before this tier, which seems to have been evened out somewhat.

Both Ret Paladins and Enhance Shaman have the same issues, mainly scaling, and heavy reliance on one secondary stat (Mastery). Only difference between Ret and Enhance is that Ret also has too much reliance on cds, and as a result sustained dps is lacklustre, while burst is a bit too heavy.
    We have a Ret and we're killing heroic bosses in Firelands just fine, soon Ragna will be down too. Just because someone ins't surfing the top of that skada/recount meters doesn't mean the class is broken. And I couldn't give two shits about what guys from Paragon, Method, Vodka, you name it, say. Every single one of those guilds is looking excuses to change the classes in their favor - Just because WoW is your job, doesn't mean everything you say is law.

Loooooooong patchnote is loooong.

Quote Originally Posted by melroth View Post
    There's now a Portuguese option language in the PTR Launcher. If you select it and press OK, the launcher becomes full of TRANSLATE ME.

Is it under Latin American Spanish ?. You can also change it in the options at the login screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bareno View Post
    Anyways, This still keeps happening, Anyone know of a way to get the PTR launcher to reconfirm whats needed to download? This doesn't seem right. Can't download 7.8 gigs worth of data on a unstable, 100 kB/s wifi connection... ;_;

EDIT: Found a way to reduce the amount needed to download to about 1.8 gigs... only works though if your PTR and retail build are the SAME exact build number I think. Gotta rename the data folder in the PTR folder temporarily till you're done. Than, copy your /Data/ folder over to the PTR installation (which should have 'Data_OLD' folder or something. Give it ~5 mins to copy the ~23 gigs, then copy the contents of the old realmlist.wtf in the Data_OLD folder into the new Data folder (so that you can connect and patch with the PTR), than delete launcher.wtf in your WTF folder. If it works, relaunching the launcher will have it down to ~2 gigs worth you need to download. (which is still high i think, but better than it was for me). By now, you can delete your old Data folder if you wish.
    Did you have an old PTR installed or did you wipe at the end of the testing phrase for the last PTR you participated in ?

Because you aren't supposed to do that - on the old EU forums there used to be a sticky about it. The PTR is designed to be a separate install that you just update at the beginning of each test phrase.

Also you should be wiping wow.mfil , wow.tfil and the launcher.wtf files in the WTF folder if you're going to replace the Data folder with one from Live. These files tell the launcher how much has been downloaded , whats to download , what the checksums of the files are as well as the torrent file data needed for download. Its possible that if you wipe those files as well there would be even less to download. Wiping and letting the launcher recreate these will make the launcher re-evaluate what it needs to download.

Me I started up my 4.2 PTR install that I had faithfully kept updated to the latest build and only had to download 15-16 MB

Last edited by bluspacecow; 2011-08-11 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    We have a Ret and we're killing heroic bosses in Firelands just fine, soon Ragna will be down too. Just because someone ins't surfing the top of that skada/recount meters doesn't mean the class is broken. And I couldn't give two shits about what guys from Paragon, Method, Vodka, you name it, say. Every single one of those guilds is looking excuses to change the classes in their favor - Just because WoW is your job, doesn't mean everything you say is law.
    Good 1. Even in Sims with PERFECT game play they are less than other classes/specs by a big margin. A good way to tell how good/bad your players are is who is behind the ret on any fight, even Baleroc.

I can't select portuguese language.... It doesn't appear to me.... Is there anything i should do to be able to select it?

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodrogue View Post
    Good 1. Even in Sims with PERFECT game play they are less than other classes/specs by a big margin. A good way to tell how good/bad your players are is who is behind the ret on any fight, even Baleroc.
    As long as they play correctly, give their best and we're killing bosses we're not benching anyone. It's a game, we play the game to enjoy ourselves.

Maybe they're preparing to add some new "proper" content in a later build, like a filler raid or something(like RS)

10+ Year Old Account
    "Players using multiple accounts should now be available to be invited to a Real ID Party." Wouldn't that be nice if you could trade the BOA gear with that? >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polpe View Post
    Theres no servers up tho? new "screen" when u lanch the game tho
    They seem to use that login screen a lot on the PTR. I don't know why, though.

When it first came up a few patches ago, I thought they might be making a new login-screen and just using that as a placeholder, but at this point I doubt that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

I've been having trouble getting onto the PTR. Every time I launch it, it encounters an error and closes. I'm not sure what to do at this point besides erasing the folder completely and downloading a new one, which I have tried, but it will get to a certain point then stop and I'll get an error message saying it encountered an internal error or some crap like that. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    As long as they play correctly, give their best and we're killing bosses we're not benching anyone. It's a game, we play the game to enjoy ourselves.
    Don't come back and say "I guess you were right" on a 2% wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post

Is it under Latin American Spanish ?. You can also change it in the options at the login screen.

Did you have an old PTR installed or did you wipe at the end of the testing phrase for the last PTR you participated in ?

Because you aren't supposed to do that - on the old EU forums there used to be a sticky about it. The PTR is designed to be a separate install that you just update at the beginning of each test phrase.

Also you should be wiping wow.mfil , wow.tfil and the launcher.wtf files in the WTF folder if you're going to replace the Data folder with one from Live. These files tell the launcher how much has been downloaded , whats to download , what the checksums of the files are as well as the torrent file data needed for download. Its possible that if you wipe those files as well there would be even less to download. Wiping and letting the launcher recreate these will make the launcher re-evaluate what it needs to download.

Me I started up my 4.2 PTR install that I had faithfully kept updated to the latest build and only had to download 15-16 MB
    Nah, I've always patched up through the launcher every new PTR patch. Downloaded the 1.8 gigs overnight and it patched to 4.2.2 just fine. Thanks though :]

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    I am hoping to get a revamped AQ20 with this one, anything alternative to ZA/ZG, yet has greater availability(LFD tool) compared to raids would be nice
    A good idea and so true, this really would be a small bug fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never seen a PTR for mere bug fixes before.