Page 73 of 115 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Gz to Chelsea the stuffy bastards watch em draw Apoel now in the quarters..

I bet you'd say the same about Ronaldo if he hadn't of been at United though and we all know what he did in the prem, Messi as took the piss against the best teams in England the likes of Stoke and West Brom wouldn't get near him.

I really dont see the problem you have against Messi he's pure quality, I feel like im his biggest bum-boy after defending him in this thread, im just shocked that people dont appreciate how good he is, unless he gets injured he will retire the greatest ever player.
    Which is kinda the point he's making, stoke wouldn't outplay messi, they would end his career.

That said, good on chelsea glad to see them beat napoli and inter went out aswell to marseille, I said it from the start and I'm sticking to it I think bayern wins the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    Which is kinda the point he's making, stoke wouldn't outplay messi, they would end his career.
    Would they heck, that's why I made the Ronaldo comparison, If he hadn't of played for United you would say the same about him, you see top players coming over from Spain and doing well all the time (Mata, Aguero and Silva the most recent to name a few, and Torres before them)
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-03-14 at 11:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet you'd say the same about Ronaldo if he hadn't of been at United though and we all know what he did in the prem, Messi as took the piss against the best teams in England the likes of Stoke and West Brom wouldn't get near him.
    Ronaldo was one tackle away from a very cut short career. You don't keep dodging some of the stuff he did forever.

Leaving England was a smart move for his career in that regard.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I really dont see the problem you have against Messi he's pure quality, I feel like im his biggest bum-boy after defending him in this thread, im just shocked that people dont appreciate how good he is, unless he gets injured he will retire the greatest ever player.
    Because he plays in the Spanish league for easily the top team in Europe atm. You cant go on about how great he is when being spoon-fed that much. No doubt he is an extreme quality player, but when Spanish league games go something like 5-0 15 times a season for the big teams people just dont get that excited. Especially while he has trouble turning out the same performances for Argentina, people will just say "Its because of Xavi/Iniesta."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Especially while he has trouble turning out the same performances for Argentina, people will just say "Its because of Xavi/Iniesta."
    And rightfully so, they have done way more then Messi has, they have more trophies, they lead Spain to Euro and WC wins, and most importantly they won stuff before Messi. Actually the same goes for his coach Pep, unless he can goes to a different team and has success there, there will always be doubters.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Because he plays in the Spanish league for easily the top team in Europe atm. You cant go on about how great he is when being spoon-fed that much. No doubt he is an extreme quality player, but when Spanish league games go something like 5-0 15 times a season for the big teams people just dont get that excited. Especially while he has trouble turning out the same performances for Argentina, people will just say "Its because of Xavi/Iniesta."
    But look at the stats, Iniesta and Xavi have been nowhere near there best this year (Infact Xavi as been dropped quite alot for Thiago) and Barcelona are 10 points from off the top of the league yet Messi has still scored 50 goals and looks like he can take on all 11 players by himself most weeks.

Again people go back to the World Cup argument, he's played in 1 world cup when Argentina was probably at the worst they have ever been with Maradona managing the team, like I said earlier in the thread Id bet if Maradona was managing Spain that year they wouldn't have won it he was that clueless, Argentina could of had 11 Messi's that year and they wouldn't have won it with him in charge.

We arn't getting anywhere anyway with this debate you guys have your mind set on thinking he's overated and I think he's the best ever player, opinions are opinions I guess I just cant wait until Xavi and Iniesta retire and Messi is still bagging 50 goals a season, wonder what the excuse will be then.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    First of Mesi played in 2 World Cups. and 2 Copa America's and won nothing. There is a lot of time still though for him to take Argentina to a medal.

Now i was hoping you wouldn't use Maradona as an excuse, by that logic the only reason he does good now is cause of Pep. And you saying he is the greatest ever is what makes him overrated to the rest of us. He WILL/MIGHT become the greatest ever if he continues like this, and brings a WC trophy to Argentina. It will be great seeing Mesi doing what he does this season for the next 8-10 years, and like i said when he proves to everyone that it was not just the excelent Barca midfield that made him what he is now.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    First of Mesi played in 2 World Cups. and 2 Copa America's and won nothing. There is a lot of time still though for him to take Argentina to a medal.

Now i was hoping you wouldn't use Maradona as an excuse, by that logic the only reason he does good now is cause of Pep. And you saying he is the greatest ever is what makes him overrated to the rest of us. He WILL/MIGHT become the greatest ever if he continues like this, and brings a WC trophy to Argentina. It will be great seeing Mesi doing what he does this season for the next 8-10 years, and like i said when he proves to everyone that it was not just the excelent Barca midfield that made him what he is now.
    Yeah ok my bad he did play in 2 world cups although his first he was barely 18 and had 7 caps to his name, cant really argue that he was supposed to guide them to a world cup at that point though.

He will probably never win anything with Argentina there nowhere near the team they used to be they was ranked world 11th on the fifa rankings up until 2 weeks ago when they got boosted to 8th, them not winning a world cup shouldn't have anything to do with Messi no matter how good he (or anyone else) is he cant make up for half the team being crap he has a decent score record for Argentina, its like putting Xavi in Blackburn's team would you expect them to win the Premier League? (not the best comparison but you can see my point)

Xavi and Iniesta are class and without them Barcelona wouldn't play the way they play and won all the things they have recently I agree with that but they need Messi like he needs them its a shame he gets criticised because he's helping Barcelona become one of the greatest teams we have ever seen, you just need to watch him play on a weekly basis to see how good he is, its not like he stands lurking in the 6 yard box waiting for Xavi and Iniesta to put it on a plate for him, he scores top class goals every other week.

Yeah ok my bad he did play in 2 world cups although his first he was barely 18 and had 7 caps to his name, cant really argue that he was supposed to guide them to a world cup at that point though.
    And he was out injured for the 2 months leading up to the world cup.

Deleted
    Would they heck, that's why I made the Ronaldo comparison, If he hadn't of played for United you would say the same about him, you see top players coming over from Spain and doing well all the time (Mata, Aguero and Silva the most recent to name a few, and Torres before them)
    Kun Aguero is argentinian. Other then that I think theres noone even close to Messi's greatness atm. I prefer Real above Barca, so i'm no Messi-fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thagoblin View Post
    Kun Aguero is argentinian. Other then that I think theres noone even close to Messi's greatness atm. I prefer Real above Barca, so i'm no Messi-fanboy.
    Aguero spent 5 years with athletic Madrid before going over to England. So yes, flimsy is right. Aguero came over from Spain.

Deleted
    It's going to be a good end of season. Race for no.1 heating up; race to escape the relegation is heating up; race for champions league qualification is heating up!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fysi View Post
    It's going to be a good end of season. Race for no.1 heating up; race to escape the relegation is heating up; race for champions league qualification is heating up!
    Agreed, really hope we'll get a third place and beat tottenham again ^^ chelsea might be coming though but that all depends I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

The Napoli chelsea game was awesome, too bad Napoli didn't get through though, I really like that team, they got some quality players and I can't stand chelsea, a team full of players that I dislike, have to say Chelsea played with a lot of heart though, impressive comeback.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-03-15 at 12:28 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Tonight is going to be another giant slice of humble pie. Or one of the best comebacks since Turin in '99.

Either way I'm really looking forward to this game.

---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 07:53 PM ----------

When watching United I tend to get a feeling from the first 20 minutes of the game how the rest will go.

Everything told me tonight we'd get mullered. If it wasn't for some dreadful misses we'd be 4-5 goals down, and rightfully so. Not to take anything away from Athletic who were the better team over both legs (and what a beautiful first goal tonight) but United were sluggish, I don't recall them chasing down a ball or trying to run anywhere. It was a half hearted performance that showed me a team who really didn't care about the competition and their eyes are set on the Premier League.

Bilbao ran rings around them, outpassed them and outmoved them. Great display to watch.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Ouch well that was embarrassing we got hammered in both legs, the scoreline flattered us they could of won about 6-1 tonight.

Congrats to Bilbao they deserved to go through and I hope they win it, the football they play is brilliant, also huge respect to their fans for the reception they gave Giggs.

That out of the way im glad we don't have to play these silly Thursday night games now, we just need to get hour heads down in the league and win as many games as possible.

That was surprisingly bad tbh, I expected a much better performance from Utd.

Lets see if City will turn up and perform now (they seem to have started brightly at least.)

10+ Year Old Account
    United doesn't care about the UEFA league we all know that. What was interesting to see was City rly trying to go through and failing short.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Deleted
    Champions League draw inc, hope we see some good games (Chelsea vs Real Madrid and Barce vs Bayern)

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol only 1 descent game, ah well waiting on the semi's.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!