Thread: HD Raedeon 6950

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

HD Raedeon 6950

Hi i wanted to know im getting the alienware Aurora 3 machine I wanted to know if i can max out ultra in 25 mans on a hd raedeon 6950 2GB DDR5 card.

Thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to the computer forums.
    Dawwwwwww

Deleted
    First of all, 25man raids are heavily CPU dependant, the graphics card doesn't matter as much, so we can't tell with just that info.
    Secondly, I wouldn't recommend an Alienware. Overpriced!

With the i3 2100, you can't. With any of the iX 2X00K you can.

Deleted
    Well its the New I5 2400k 3.1Ghz processor im getting it half the original price so im sure its worth it.

Deleted
    running everything on ultra 120+ fps in raids, with an i5 @ 4.5 Ghz

10+ Year Old Account
    i use a 6950 radeon with a i5-2500k and i max out everything. Only time i see FPS dips is on Rag, but i just lower the particle density from ultra to high, and it works out

it's a great card.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    FYI there is no i5 2400k only the i5 2500k and i7 2600k. Also a heads up you pay a lot for the Alienware name brand but it is just another Dell computer. Why not take the specs of the Aurora and match up item for item on newegg.com and see how much money you can save.

10+ Year Old Account
    That CPU looks kind of like a letdown. Why not the i5 2500k? Better, almost the same price.

Deleted
    Wats wrong with the CPU? its already made im buying it from some1.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Watercooling seems like a waste on that system. It is a minimal overclock that will show close to no performance difference due to the fact it is a locked i5. Honestly the price to performance ratio does not make this a good purchase at all.

Deleted
    so its not worth 600 pounds? and to be honest im not bothered bout overclocking as long as i can play wow on 25 man on ultra

What people are trying to say, is that if you were to build that computer, you would save a boatload of cash AND be able to get an i5 2500k (In which when overclocked can be up to 30% faster than that i5 2400) Aka from 3.6 (turbo) --->> 4.5-5 ghz

GTX 560 TI stable at 1GhZ
    PCPartPicker Love it.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well here is a couple things.
    1) You never mentioned you were buying it used.
    Wats wrong with the CPU? its already made im buying it from some1.
    2) You never mentioned the price.
    so its not worth 600 pounds?
    All of us are basing our information on this being a brand new purchase. If the computer is used and only being sold for 600 pounds it is a good buy (assuming it is in working order) since a new system of those specs is right around 1400 pounds (On the Alieware website for UK).

Deleted
    For £600, he won't get getting by building himself.

Considering a 2GB 6950 is ~£200 alone. Factoring everything else he's easy looking at £750+ if he builds himself.

Deleted
    yes soz should of been more clear it s a 3 month old computer and im paying 600 pounds. so i think its a bargain for that price will it run wow at max with gud fps

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Please try to use close to proper spelling at 7AM before I have fully woken up it makes for a difficult read on my old eyes. I wouldn't expect to run with everything cranked to the max plus shadows in a 25 man and expect 60+FPS. You should be able to play on Ultra easily.

Buy it. Buy it now. (assuming nothing is broken and everything works)

Pff, 7AM when it's clearly 4PM.

lol yea 600 pounds is a good deal assuming it's not broken :P
    The 2400 isn't a bad processor, only the 2500k/2600k/xeon's are better
    Everyone overreacted because buying that new from dell would have been a huge waste lol
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.