Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    What a load of bollocks. People flirt in real life, why can't they ingame. Why do they have to be between 10 and 15, a basement dweller or a creep?
    All guys do out of the game is flirt with every skirt in sight. This is nothing new. Guys will hit on chicks all day every day until the end of time. It is a constant.
    I like sandwiches

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've only rarely experienced this phenomenon, but when it happens, I am quick about shutting them down hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    All guys do out of the game is flirt with every skirt in sight. This is nothing new. Guys will hit on chicks all day every day until the end of time. It is a constant.
    Speak for yourself. If you think it's appropriate to flirt wherever you want I hope you don't go out much.

NEVER seen this before. EVER.

But IMO if someone called me 'she' I would just say 'Excuse me, I have a penis."

The most I say is guys stopping cussing when they learn there is a girl amongst them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvre View Post
    Speak for yourself. If you think it's appropriate to flirt wherever you want I hope you don't go out much.
    Playful flirting is basically being nice to someone, complimenting how they look or w/e and like really theres nothing wrong with it.

Ofc if its at a funeral, im pretty sure only creeps flirt but generally its human kindness.

There's a difference between flirting and hitting on, though. My guy friends usually flirt with... Everyone they're comfortable with. They never actually hit on anyone, though.
    Yet they do gét hit on a lot. (Mind you, some of them are háwt!)
    Also: People who constantly hit on other people are just creepy.

complimenting how they look or w/e
    See; flirting is an art. And it's not complimenting people on looks or something. A good flirt is a bit teasing, but in a fun way. It's also not even close to always intended for hitting on people. Flirting is like a game of wits, only you don't have to outsmart one another, and there isn't a winner.
    Telling people they look good is situational. Sometimes, if it seems earnest, it's a great compliment, especially when you tried very hard to look good, and the one doing the complimenting is really casual about it, and drops the subject immediately afterwards. If they go on, it's not great; it's just very, very awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotia View Post
    Playful flirting is basically being nice to someone, complimenting how they look or w/e and like really theres nothing wrong with it.

Ofc if its at a funeral, im pretty sure only creeps flirt but generally its human kindness.
    Whoa really? Being nice and saying someone looks decent is flirting? Since when? I thought that was just being nice.

She was asking for it. I mean, look what she was wearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    Whoa really? Being nice and saying someone looks decent is flirting? Since when? I thought that was just being nice.
    It is being nice to someone...There is thousands of ways to flirt, without getting personal.

Like the person above said, flirting and hitting on is different.

I correct myself because its a stereotype that men only play female BE so yea I'd like to be known as a female player of the blood elf stuls

I flirt with women outside of the game and the interwebs, and I see no reason why I wouldn't do so in the game. Flirting adds spice into life on all fronts. Then again there's a difference between intelligent flirting and "omagawd she has boobz wanna be friendz??"
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone flirted with my DK (see signature) in Tol'Barad once.

I was creeped out.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by blutkind View Post
    if you're female, don't bring it up/tell anyone. why does it matter? just play the game, kill shit, and leave the random. problem solved.
    Most of the time, the problem is not the girl who is playing, it is that other guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratchee View Post
    You and everyone else who believe this are idiots. People try to pull that "she wants attention" crap on women in game and in the forums all the time when all they want is to not be thought of being somebody that they are not. I correct people all the time when they approach me with "bro" or "he" because I'm not. If I'm craving attention, all I do is look up at my boyfriend whos is probably in the same random queue with me and ask for it.

I'm going to start going around and referring to everyone I meet as "she" or "her", then call them out for wanting attention because they correct it and tell me they are male.
    I never correct people in WoW referring to me as a "he". I don't want the attention. I can answer a question or explain a tactic without having to pour out my life story. It's enough my friends and guild use the correct pronoun.

A girl in WoW telling everyone freely she is a girl is most likely in it for the attention. The rest of us try to avoid it because of the negative stigma attached to female players because of such girls (and guys who pretend to be girls to get carried or get free stuff). There is no such thing for male gamers, so your argument is moot.
    ~ I'm having trouble hearing you. Getting a lot of bullshit on this line. ~

Deleted
    ive never seen that. the whole time ive played wow ive never seens guys hitting on girls, ive seen them giving them special treetments but never hitting on them.
    i see far more "girls" in the game that want everyone to know theyre a girl, had a random before and every 5mins this mage linked dps and was like "not bad dps for a girl", "im a girl and beating you guys on dps ^^"

I refer to the pugs in my randoms by their class

There is a simple solution to all this. We all know girls don't play WoW. I read that in trade chat only 100 times a day.
    Priest/DeeKay
    Support are troops

Deleted
    Arthasdksixtynine: noob pally. he didn't even heal me
    Cuteprincessfluffy: she*
    Arthasdksixtynine:fuck if i care just do your fucking job
    fixed.

Usually never run random dungeons with less than 2 friends anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylune View Post
    She wanted the attention. If she didn't she wouldn't have correct you with the "*she".
    Either that or she's a feminist waiting for the guy to make sexual advances towards her so she can complain to her friends.