Deleted

How does shadowy Apparitions work on Alysrazor (flying)

Hello now I have killed Alysrazor 3 times on heroic 10man, but I am curious how the shadow apparations work on Alysrazor while flying.

On my first kill http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-mi...?s=5438&e=6050 my shadowy apparations did 871135 damage (0.47% of total). 09:55 (97.1 %) uptime on shadow word: pain.

On my second kill http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-c4...?s=3634&e=4233 my shadowy apparations did 735042 damage (0.40% of total). 09:42 (97.1 %) uptime on shadow word: pain.

On my third kill http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-jy...?s=2668&e=3275 my shadowy apparations did 0 damage. 09:45 (96.3 %) uptime on shadow word: pain.

Looking at the 5 highest rated shadow priests on Alysrazor they did
    Rank 1: 4209284 (2.26% of total)
    Rank 2: 2118676 (1.14% of total)
    Rank 3: 2610091 (1.42% of total)
    Rank 4: 2975180 (1.61% of total)
    Rank 5: 3024481 (1.64% of total)

So does anyone of you know how this mechanic works on this fight? Is there a way for them to reach Alysrazor while in the air? How can I possibly have done 0 damage with shadowy apparations on my 3rd kill?

Deleted
    From what I have seen they walk around doing nothing while the Spriest is up top don't know if they just disappear or actually explode and do damage.

can i hijack this thread?

im just leveling a spriest, and i have been wondering: in a raid, is it worth to keep walking around to proc the shadows, while stopping to cast stuff when needed or its better to sit still and keep casting regardless?

I always see them doing damage, and they show up on Scada.

On my last kill:
    Mind Flay 8.95M (28.9%)
    Devouring Plague 3.49M (11.3%)
    Mind Blast 3.20M (10.3%)
    Shadowy Apparition: Shadowy Apparition 2.27M (7.3%)
    Vampiric Touch 7.12M (23.0%)
    Shadow Word: Pain 4.10M (13.2%)
    Shadowfiend: Attack 1.10M (3.6%)
    Improved Devouring Plague 512.0K (1.7%)

Shadowfiend however... it only attacks during the cleave, so I try to time it (and I usually forget it... <_<).

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post

im just leveling a spriest, and i have been wondering: in a raid, is it worth to keep walking around to proc the shadows, while stopping to cast stuff when needed or its better to sit still and keep casting regardless?
    You will never do more damage moving when you could be standing still casting something.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account

Keep casting, only move around while spamming shadow word: death then back to regular rotation.

When using instant spells you can run around from side to side within the GCD, as long as you keep casting when the gcd is over

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Keep casting, only move around while spamming shadow word: death then back to regular rotation.
    While moving around you would do more damage spamming Devoruing Plague, and you can't really spam SW: D since it is on a cooldown. It's handy to use it for the mana regeneration so you don't need to interrupt casting while you are standing still though.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.