Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Touche, I've had 3 and they've all worked out of the box
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I've had 3 G.Skill kits, none of them worked 100% properly out of the box.
    That points to PEBKAC as the core issue... millions of people buy millions of gskill sets and they work properly out of the box... millions > 3
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    over-thinking this a bit, don'tcha think?

g.skill is reliable, i don't know where you're getting that info from

My guess is it's a personal machine and she's just looking for a new computer that will be able to do the stuff she needs while learning. guessing that since she's his coworker and he doesnt know anything about the software she is going to use that neither of them are currently in the fashion industry.
    I've had the same experience with G. Skill always working for me

Yes, this is for an at-home machine to get off the ground, and get working towards the right direction. Not a true "station machine". She works with me at my job, and is doing fashion design at home all on her own.

Trust me, I stay FAR AWAY from fashion. I wear DC shoes every day, khaki shorts, and a t-shirt to work. My fashion sense is non-existent.

I went with the board I did as a budget saver. It will do exactly what we need from it, and is in the right price range. And yes, the K models don't void warranties, they are unlocked, and I'm well versed on the dangers of OC'ing. I haven't done it with a SB cpu yet, but based on everything I've read, it's a joke. If anything, we would OC it to 4GHz and leave it at that.