10+ Year Old Account

What to do after recording a Video from a PC game?

So with my current rig, I decided to try to record random stuff while playing some games. I am using the Video Capture feature from the MSI Afterburner. So my question is, after recording, do I need to compress or do something before I try to put it on Youtube? If so, please explain what programs, and if there is any tutorials for said program.

Thanks!

Deleted
    Well, most people want to edit in the video to add some text and the like. And I *guess* the recorded file from MSI afterburner is pretty much a raw video file. To can edit, render and compress in programs such as Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere. They are expensive, but there isn't many (if at all) free video editors out there for windows. There are plenty of guides to both programs, just check on YouTube.

Oh, and remember to record, render and compress in the same resolution

10+ Year Old Account
    That sucks. Was hoping to find something that would be free for me to do all that in order to post it up on Youtube. Sadly, I do not want to have to purchase a program since I hardly do this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    That sucks. Was hoping to find something that would be free for me to do all that in order to post it up on Youtube. Sadly, I do not want to have to purchase a program since I hardly do this.
    You can try windows movie maker

10+ Year Old Account
    i use adobe premiere. but im 90% sure windows comes with a movie editor. windows movie maker, i remember using that in year 10 IPT class for a lolz presentation.

You can indeed use windows media player, its free and there are plenty of guides for it.. You can also use virtualdub, there is a good guide for it in the guide contest forums, just search for it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoebox View Post
    i use adobe premiere. but im 90% sure windows comes with a movie editor. windows movie maker, i remember using that in year 10 IPT class for a lolz presentation.
    Thanks! It actually does what I need it to do! Add some music to it, some transitions, and voila, it worked!

EDIT: Talking about Windows Live Movie Maker.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Windows Live Movie Maker is simple and easy to use. For quick dungeon and raid videos I use it all the time, nice that you can upload to youtube from it directly. Just remember when posting a video any music you use may be flagged for copyright laws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Yeah Windows Live Movie Maker is simple and easy to use. For quick dungeon and raid videos I use it all the time, nice that you can upload to youtube from it directly. Just remember when posting a video any music you use may be flagged for copyright laws.
    Yeah, the feature that lets you load it straight to youtube was nice.

As for the music, hopefully that does not happen.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah for me my videos were always flagged by the content match ID of the music I was using. But I just disputed every video as they were for personal guild use, I even quoted from a paragraph of copyright laws. The next day the videos were good and had the audio reinstated by the videos were banned from Germany still. Very odd.