Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What type of alcohol?

Myself and five other friends are going on a 20 mile canoe trip tomorrow and Sunday. We pretty much have all of our ducks in a row except one: what type of alcohol to bring?

We do not want to be weighed down with cases of beer and coolers, so something that is pleasant to drink warm would be preferable. Like whiskey, for example.

We just want something that we can enjoy after we make camp tomorrow night and something that will put a little pep in our step Sunday morning.

Personally, I suggested a bottle of Evan Williams, but they were not too receptive to that idea. Any suggestions? What would you recommend to bring?

Deleted
    Gin is my favourite.

What does everyone like to drink? Problem solved.

I will burn your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    What does everyone like to drink? Problem solved.
    We all usually drink beer, but we don't want to drink it hot. And we don't want to bother with having to keep it cool. =]
    <-- Blue Moon

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whiskey or Licor 43. Both keep you warm at night and are ideally drunk at room temperature.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd bring 2 handles of Maker's. But my friends and I drink like sieves, so tone it up or down depending on your tolerances. Or you can bring Jameson if you want to get more rowdy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    Gin is my favourite.
    This
    http://www.sohowines.hk/images/bombay.jpg

Tbh cooling the drinks wont really be a problem.
    Sense you can just throw the beer in like a plastic bag with some rocks and put it in water wile you set up camp.
    Or in a net and have it drag behind the canoe and that will cool the beer nicely.
    It wont be like ice cold but it will at least be cold and not warm.

Lepermessiah
    Dude, boats and alcohol really has only 1 answer - Rum!

Quote Originally Posted by RaZz0r View Post
    Tbh cooling the drinks wont really be a problem.
    Sense you can just throw the beer in like a plastic bag with some rocks and put it in water wile you set up camp.
    Or in a net and have it drag behind the canoe and that will cool the beer nicely.
    It wont be like ice cold but it will at least be cold and not warm.
    True. We were just wanting to have to deal with a bottle of something rather than 40+ beers, you know?
    Thanks for the input~ =D

Mojitos ftw. Made a 1 gallon jug of this for my kayaking trip about a month ago. Great times.

http://www.tasteofcuba.com/mojito.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Good beer is meant to be drunk warm/room temp, that's when all the best flavor comes out. Cold beer simply negates the flavors.
    Unless you mean Bud, in which case you might as well be drinking bottled cat piss.
    If you want to avoid beer bottles, bring a small keg.

I vote Whiskey.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Good beer is meant to be drunk warm/room temp, that's when all the best flavor comes out. Cold beer simply negates the flavors.
    Unless you mean Bud, in which case you might as well be drinking bottled cat piss.
    If you want to avoid beer bottles, bring a small keg.

I vote Whiskey.
    I concur with this statement.

I will burn your soul.

I'd go beer. I know you don't want the extra carry, but 20 miles by canoe isn't that much and at the end of the day I'd rather have a cool beer than a swig of whiskey.

My second would be rum and coke, less space than beer.

Quote Originally Posted by bdubya View Post
    True. We were just wanting to have to deal with a bottle of something rather than 40+ beers, you know?
    Thanks for the input~ =D
    ye thats true but what you can do is fill like a a few bottles with the beer tho :P.
    And if you just want some think strong i dont really know sense i drink pretty mutch all my drinks cold.
    The only thing i can think off is a bottle or 2 with rum and then bring like a bottle of cola and cool it in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Lepermessiah View Post
    Dude, boats and alcohol really has only 1 answer - Rum!
    I just might be able to win them over with this type of reasoning!

I say Jack Daniels + Coke/Pepsi for the night camp

The Evan Williams is good idea but your friend are not receptive ... blah ... bring a bottle of vodka and orange juice and barf all night

And put some Brandy / Rum / Irish Cream for your coffee in the morning

take beer, and just drag it behind your canoe in a mesh bag(unless your going over rough waters of course).
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.