Question How do you properly use an SSD?

I know you install the OS onto the SSD and other apps/games you use the most for fast loads/boots, but how do you get all the other User files (non system essential) off of it and onto an HDD? I don't want to overload the SSD with crap (pictures, movies, documents, music, etc)

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well you have a secondary hard drive installed into the computer. When you go to save a document you browse through the Window to Computer then click on D: or the hard drive letter that is not the SSD and save the information on that secondary drive.

10+ Year Old Account
    YOU DONT! ^.^ Kidding. It should be as simple as dragging all the user files onto the HDD. I think you can set it to do it by default even, though I'm not 100% sure. (I really just commented here to make an SSD hate joke.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    YOU DONT! ^.^ Kidding. It should be as simple as dragging all the user files onto the HDD. I think you can set it to do it by default even, though I'm not 100% sure. (I really just commented here to make an SSD hate joke.)
    Haha yeah, I had a feeling you'd show up to say how poop SSDs are. :]

Yeah, I suppose I could just save content manually like that, but I was just wondering how I could set it by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekt View Post
    Haha yeah, I had a feeling you'd show up to say how poop SSDs are. :]

Yeah, I suppose I could just save content manually like that, but I was just wondering how I could set it by default.
    pictures movies documents and music don't get generated on their own.. they only get on your computer when you download them or upload them from another device... just set the defaults in whatever programs you use to obtain media like that to your HDD... for instance, set your browser's download folder to the hdd... itunes folder to the hdd... etc
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekt View Post
    I know you install the OS onto the SSD and other apps/games you use the most for fast loads/boots, but how do you get all the other User files (non system essential) off of it and onto an HDD? I don't want to overload the SSD with crap (pictures, movies, documents, music, etc)
    On the My Documents, My Music, etc. folder, right-click on them and select the Location tab. You can move them to the regular hard drive from there and change the default location.