Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarmful View Post
    is it just me or did the staff only do 1.5% of his total damage done?
    nope, that spell in the logs is only for duplicating the dot ticks, the direct damage spells that were cast by procs cast the same spell again instantly, so its going to be a bit harder to find that data in the log

but hey, if you'd read how he said it worked instead of just gawking at the log you'd understand that already.

From the log:
    [16:19:56.990] Siiz begins to cast Arcane Blast
    [16:19:57.110] Siiz Arcane Blast Raider's Training Dummy *50988*
    [16:19:58.048] Siiz Arcane Blast Raider's Training Dummy *55304*
    [16:19:58.419] Siiz begins to cast Arcane Blast
    [16:19:59.127] Siiz Arcane Blast Raider's Training Dummy *55922*
    Two Arcane Blasts and a legendary proc all crit in two seconds. Ouch.

[16:50:08.970] Siiz Deep Freeze Raider's Training Dummy *74384*
    [16:50:09.719] Siiz Deep Freeze Raider's Training Dummy *74036*
    Legendary proc crit from a Deep Freeze crit. Double Ouch.

So if I cast "Insect Swarm" and it procs on cast, do I get 2x "Insect Swarm" on the target? or rather, 1x "Insect Swarm" and 1x "Wrath of Tarecgosa"(dot) Would be awesome to proc a "Moonfire" in lunar eclipse and got 1 more arcane dot, + Eclipse dmg^^

Deleted
    /lol at people totally failing at reading the post and also the log...

/lol at people who care about low lvl pvp

/lol at guilds that gave the 1st staff to a dot spec

I'm sure he only posted lucky proc streaks from combat log but what they tell is that the staff has no ICD. So RNG kings get to arena and pick up your free glad or R1 even. Hell this is probably the most OP legendary anyone has ever seen in arena, while Shadowmourne was helpful there it really didn't make THAT much of a difference. This however... Mages for example (casters overall though) already do a lot of damage in certain phases (deep) and if this copies one or two frostbolts/icelances it will pretty much make the result of the game alone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer1989 View Post
    So if I cast "Insect Swarm" and it procs on cast, do I get 2x "Insect Swarm" on the target? or rather, 1x "Insect Swarm" and 1x "Wrath of Tarecgosa"(dot) Would be awesome to proc a "Moonfire" in lunar eclipse and got 1 more arcane dot, + Eclipse dmg^^
    I don't play my druid as boomkin but from what I know of the spec, it would be 1 x "Insect Swarm" and each tick would proc the exact same damage as Wrath of Tarecgosa. Again I'm not too keen on how a boomkin is played but the way it is currently being treated is if Moonfire procs, it would cast a second Moonfire and any extra damage associated with the proc (think ignite from a crit Fireball) will be treated as a proc from the staff. Also if Moonfire is needed to get into Solar Eclipse (again I don't play boomkin so I don't know this), if a Moonfire triggers Solar, but at the same time procs, the proc will take whatever buff if cast while in Solar Eclypse.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2011-08-13 at 07:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    /lol at people totally failing at reading the post and also the log...

/lol at people who care about low lvl pvp

/lol at guilds that gave the 1st staff to a dot spec

I'm sure he only posted lucky proc streaks from combat log but what they tell is that the staff has no ICD. So RNG kings get to arena and pick up your free glad or R1 even. Hell this is probably the most OP legendary anyone has ever seen in arena, while Shadowmourne was helpful there it really didn't make THAT much of a difference. This however... Mages for example (casters overall though) already do a lot of damage in certain phases (deep) and if this copies one or two frostbolts/icelances it will pretty much make the result of the game alone.
    You kinda failed reading the post aswell...

The staff doesn't have an internal cooldown and can procc from all dot ticks and direct spells. Means that it's basically just a flat bonus the scales perfectly well for anybody... except for pet users -.-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beyz View Post
    You kinda failed reading the post aswell...

The staff doesn't have an internal cooldown and can procc from all dot ticks and direct spells. Means that it's basically just a flat bonus the scales perfectly well for anybody... except for pet users -.-
    At this point we just don't know how well it scales with warlocks. The ONLY thing we have going for is that Frost Mage Water Elementals are unable to proc anything from the staff. THAT IS IT!!! They have said that the proc rate would be adjusted for "pet classes." Since Water elementals only provide 8-10% of a mage's total dps that hardly compares to the 35% that they give for warlocks. So if anything it could be closer to 15-20% proc rate for warlocks when compared to 10% for mages.

Seeing as the proc consumes buffs and applies (de)buffs normal spells would apply, I think it's safe to assume it will proc Elemental Overload and Feedback. Can't wait :>

Deleted
    big grats on it

you know what bugs me? Story wise we are going to take down the current big bad to finish a suit of armour.why the heck would we go in their if we needed armour? surely the whole point of downing the current bad guy is after you have assembled a suit of armour to defend yourself with?Personally i think the helm and shoulders should be jp/vp sold, it seems silly we go into raids for armour. raids should always be the place to get the best weapons and stuff like that. truly rare treasures the great evil has hoarded over time. Going in to gain a powerful sword feels like an accomplishment. going into to get another piece of armour feels like one more stop gap in a grind that never ends.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Must be so hard for an Arcane mage to get a Legendary and do bigger numbers pressing 2 buttonz !

10+ Year Old Account
    wth is Garfield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niviex View Post
    Must be so hard for an Arcane mage to get a Legendary and do bigger numbers pressing 2 buttonz !
    Congratz on being a moron and showing the entire population of this website do you have absolutly no clue on how the games works and more spicificly how arcane mages are played.

• When a direct damage spell causes a proc, the same spell is cast again instantly with no travel time.
    • The direct damage proc can crit, hit, or miss, just like casting a normal spell.
    • When a DoT spell causes a proc, the Wrath of Tarecgosa spell is cast instantly, matching the DoT spell's damage.
    • The proc consumes buffs like Fingers of Frost, just like manually casting the same spell again would.
    • The proc also causes buffs, such as when a proc occurs from Arcane Blast.
    • Spells that are not direct damage or DoT will not cause a proc. (e.g. Frostfire Orb)
    • A proc from a proc hasn't occurred yet.
    It cant proc from dot dmg, but can proc on dot cast, meaning a "Moonfire" tick cant proc, but when I cast "Moonfire" it can proc = 2 dots, atleast what I understand it as

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    I don't play my druid as boomkin but from what I know of the spec, it would be 1 x "Insect Swarm" and each tick would proc the exact same damage as Wrath of Tarecgosa. Again I'm not too keen on how a boomkin is played but the way it is currently being treated is if Moonfire procs, it would cast a second Moonfire and any extra damage associated with the proc (think ignite from a crit Fireball) will be treated as a proc from the staff. Also if Moonfire is needed to get into Solar Eclipse (again I don't play boomkin so I don't know this), if a Moonfire triggers Solar, but at the same time procs, the proc will take whatever buff if cast while in Solar Eclypse.
    Would be awesome to get 2 moonfire + the extra arcane dmg from lunar eclipse
    well if we get into a solar eclipse with a moonfire, there is no extra arcane dmg buff so dont matter there^^
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    wth is Garfield.
    He had a day off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer1989 View Post
    It cant proc from dot dmg, but can proc on dot cast, meaning a "Moonfire" tick cant proc, but when I cast "Moonfire" it can proc = 2 dots, atleast what I understand it as

Would be awesome to get 2 moonfire + the extra arcane dmg from lunar eclipse
    well if we get into a solar eclipse with a moonfire, there is no extra arcane dmg buff so dont matter there^^
    As I said before I don't play boomkin so I wasn't as privy to that info (I just knew that Moonfire had a dot mechanic attached to it as well). Didn't realize that it didn't put the debuff when in Solar eclipse. I was basing most of my info from this line that Siiz mentioned:

If your "copied" fireball crits it will trigger ignite, and ignite also benefits from the staff proc.
    What he is referring to is if a Fire mage casts a critical strike Fireball, the Fireball will take a portion of that damage done and convert it into a DoT called Ignite that persists on the target for a few seconds. What he is basically saying is that if the Proc Fireball crits and causes Ignite then the Ignite will damage would be treated as a proc from the staff. (The only proc from proc that is currently the case). I haven't checked if this would cause ignite munching of any sort yet.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2011-08-13 at 09:43 AM.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Lower level PvP ConcernsWe do hear the feedback. When we have looked at the issue, it has simply just seemed too difficult – too tricky – to resolve in a way that we're happy with.
    Cool story and now listen. What makes people ragequit is lolrogues. Nerfing ambush in low lvl pvp would already be a big improvement. No other class can front load that kind of damage from stealth.

To sum up the low-level PvP post: We don't really care and don't plan on working on it. We screwed over twinks who worked for their gear, but then implemented heirlooms which require no work and ensure victory against players without them, though this seems fair and we don't plan on tweaking them at all. Deal with it.
    heirlooms requires no work but boosting a twink character in 2-3 dungeons to get the blues and buy the rest blues requires a work?They didn't screwed twinks they just put twinks to fight against twinks...whats wrong with that?So to sum your post: I liked when I was twink and the heirlooms didn't exist and I was kicking asses to people with green gear that just passed through a bg while leveling...but now I can't!I have to fight with people equal geared with me!either twinks or heirlooms!wtf?

in case you don't know, a 19 level heirloom is like a 19 level blue gear..it is not epic..if you do 2 dungeons you easily get blue in every slot now

I would actually prefer 15 man raids over the 10man, fights like sinestra just feel clunky as shit with only 10 people.
    Hi Sephurik

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    Congratz on being a moron and showing the entire population of this website do you have absolutly no clue on how the games works and more spicificly how arcane mages are played.
    Could check logs, playing WoW for 5 years now AND having a Mage myself. God I must know nothing about this game.