Lawsuit against apple

Not sure if this is the right forum-if not, please move it! This article will explain it better then me-

http://www.mobilemarketingwatch.com/...eting+Watch%29

Thoughts/opinions? I personally would not put it past them-it is a cutthroat buisness, and to be honest I do not trust apple as a company very much at the moment.

Clearly, if it is true, they should be punished harshly, price-fixing is a dastardly thing!

This is terribly boring... I thought it might have been something juicy like, " Ipod's make your head explode!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shandrislock View Post
    This is terribly boring... I thought it might have been something juicy like, " Ipod's make your head explode!"
    If you think this is "boring," then you don't realize just how much this could completely screw Apple.

OT: Wouldn't really surprise me if it was true.
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

He would be NORMAL, compared to me."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remnas View Post
    If you think this is "boring," then you don't realize just how much this could completely screw Apple.

OT: Wouldn't really surprise me if it was true.

you're right..could fuck their whole system....I've never heard of ANY company marking UP stuff to make more money...not once..... o.O

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorGang View Post
    you're right..could fuck their whole system....I've never heard of ANY company marking UP stuff to make more money...not once..... o.O
    This is quite different then marking things up; this is conspiring with publishers to force prices higher, and screwing other services, like amazon over, forcing them to raise there prices as well.

@Remnas: Pretty much, it is very, very serious if they find it to be true. And I am sure if there was a lawsuit about ipods making peoples heads explode, you would not hear about it first on mmo champion!

15+ Year Old Account
    Any e-book they have in mind?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Assuming that Apple made this up? Do you have any reason to actually believe that?
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute.
    /SADFACE.

So, what's all the fuss about? >.>

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    This is quite different then marking things up; this is conspiring with publishers to force prices higher, and screwing other services, like amazon over, forcing them to raise there prices as well.

@Remnas: Pretty much, it is very, very serious if they find it to be true. And I am sure if there was a lawsuit about ipods making peoples heads explode, you would not hear about it first on mmo champion!
    This is the exact same thing, with more people invovled...IF apple gets sued over this, it will be but a speed bump in their multi-billion dollar company.. Fact of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    /SADFACE.

So, what's all the fuss about? >.>
    Apple getting with book publishers to hike e-book prices illegally.

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Any e-book they have in mind?
    It was pretty much all e-books the publishers listed in the article would put out. Ebook prices have been skyrocketing recently.

This is the exact same thing, with more people invovled...IF apple gets sued over this, it will be but a speed bump in their multi-billion dollar company.. Fact of life.
    Because possible jail time for illegal marketing is always just a "speed bump"....Oh wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I doubt this will be just a speed bump, If they could do it once and possibly get away with it, whats stopping them doing it a 2nd time and so forth.