AA disc and Legendary?

Now that we know it procs the same spell this might be crazy for disc idk what do you guys think.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since the proc is off damaging spells, at best you gain an extra smite or Holy fire. The resulting atonement heal from this is not going to be worth it on three fronts.

1. Once you reach 5 stacks of evanglesim, why would you carry on casting smite / holy fire? So at best, you will need the proc to occur in those 5 spells.
    2. Atonement makes up such a small amount of your % healing done, that the "proc" will most likely add up to over heal on a melee or pet.
    3. Hit is useless stat.

Its a dps weapon and it will be far more useful in the hands of them who constantly fire off damaging spells.

From a pure stats perspective, the staff is already pretty damned great for healing priests, and if you reforge the hit to spirit, it's really beating everything else available. The only reason to not go for it as a healer is that it will make your mages, warlocks, elementalshammies, shadowpriests, boomkins and "hunter loot!" huntards gquit in a rage of fury. That still holds true if the proc turns out to be useful and/or op for AA build disc priests.

Of course, you can always try to tweak the statements that "healing priests should look at the lack of spirit gear as an opportunity to look for gear elsewhere", and twist that into "Blizzard said I could roll on this staff!". No blizzard employee has yet to answer on that train of thought on the official forums. Whether that is a sign of silent acknowledgement, a sign of avoiding the ridiculous discussions, or just being preocupied with setting up blizzcon instead of answering us whiny priests, we will never know

spec MS shadow and use it like it's supposed to be used or sit on bench and wait till all others that really benefit from it gets it.
    No reason to give a stat stick to a helaer when DPS uses it's all potential. It's a legendary FFS..

...I main spec shadow why does everyone have to rage I was just starting a conversation

I can see the proc being fun in heroics for discipline, but for raids not so much, due to only having a small amount of healing coming from atonement. And I doubt many priests with the staff will be healing a lot in their raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Of course, you can always try to tweak the statements that "healing priests should look at the lack of spirit gear as an opportunity to look for gear elsewhere", and twist that into "Blizzard said I could roll on this staff!".
    Haha... I love this. It makes me want to get the legendary & take a SS of me w/ AA wings popped with the caption "I looked elsewhere."

First shadowpriest to get this staff needs to do this for the lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorz View Post
    I can see the proc being fun in heroics for discipline, but for raids not so much, due to only having a small amount of healing coming from atonement. And I doubt many priests with the staff will be healing a lot in their raids.
    Its not even really about the Proc. It has a huge amount of Int + 3 Red Sockets providing even more Int with and Int Socket Bonus. It also has Haste on it. That is why it is a Disc Weapon, not to mention, when you do Smite/Holy Fire, you have a way to drastically increase your HPS, especially in 25 mans.

609 Int on Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest vs 516 with Sho'ravon, Greatstaff of Annihilation
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait to see the rage at a dpriest with this.
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.

Quote Originally Posted by LucKStrucK View Post
    Now that we know it procs the same spell.
    We knew this proc'd the same spell when it was datamined before 4.2 even released. Did the wording fool you or did you just want a reason to start a retarded thread on a topic that's been beaten to death since word of the staff came out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarv View Post
    1. Once you reach 5 stacks of evanglesim, why would you carry on casting smite / holy fire? So at best, you will need the proc to occur in those 5 spells.
    Because it's the most efficient heal? Atonement isn't that small a percentage of heals...

Not worth getting the legendary for though.

i wouldnt put it past a high end guild that already has a few casters proggressed down the quest line to let a preist getting this for a disc spec and shadow os.

some fights you use less healers on and having a disc/shadow with this could be a godsend.

thet stats on this even with the hit and dps proc still are VERY appealing to disc and i have seen plenty of discs priests do 4-6k dps. its not much but doing that while affectivly healing does help.

the main question is....will the attonment heal also proc with the extra smite proc? because that would be sick.
    tank healing? i got this. melee raid healing? taken care of. oh yes....my dps converts to hps lol.

ps: also resto shaman with telluric currents.....go go massive mana regen lol (again if the weapon proc duplicates the talent proc)
    Last edited by Desminn; 2011-08-16 at 06:43 PM.
    Originally Posted by statlerthegreat
    I don't play a real world simulator. I play World of Warcraft. Where I am a Goblin, named after an explosive, that hurls balls of arcane "fuck you up" at internet dragons/ogres/whateverthehellmaloriakis.

Spiritus... I doubt I will be first but I will deff take that SS for you

Deleted
    As MS shadow and OS Disc, I would still use it for heroic dungeons/ the odd raid where I'm needed to heal. Theres a few fights with phases where you really can just smite (mostly on normal, but once gear gets to full FL hc level it would allow for more smites). It probably won't be a huge increase but it could be pretty nice. From a stat point of view its brilliant for disc because of all the int, though that shouldn't be the reason someone gets it imo. I'd say let your caster dps get it first, but then why shouldn't the discos be next in line?