Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spriest - am i doing fine?

Hi, i just wanted to know if i could improve my gear any further as it is atm.
    I think my gear/reforging/enchants is close to optimal, but i'd like to know what you guys think.
    Armory in sig

thanks in advance!
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

On your cloak, wand and boots you could reforge the Hit to Spirit.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

ohh yea i see im using the addon ReforgeLite, which does the stat weights and reforging for me.
    i'll get those fixed later today
    did you see anything else?
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    Dont reforge the hit to spirit, looks ugly and is pointless.

Shadowpriests never have mana problems so dont come with that argument.

Enchant your hands with 65 Mastery and your boots with lavawalker, think thats the mastery+movementspeed one..

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    On your cloak, wand and boots you could reforge the Hit to Spirit.
    Only helps if you're human really.

Other then that your reforge seems okey.
    Same with gems and enchants.

Wth is going on spriest threads lately?? Only reforge hit to spirit if you intend on using those pieces for healing as well, Crummy is right that you only get more hit from spirit than hit if you are human which you clearly are not. Also the comment about not doing it because shadow priests never have mana issues is idiodic as well because we only get out of combat mana regen from spirit -_-

For the most part your reforges and gems looks good Amongo. The only thing I would suggest is if in raids you normally have DI to change up some of your reforges to haste to mastery. You might want to do that anyways until you can get to 30% haste, but that one would be a debatable change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Wth is going on spriest threads lately?? Only reforge hit to spirit if you intend on using those pieces for healing as well, Crummy is right that you only get more hit from spirit than hit if you are human which you clearly are not. Also the comment about not doing it because shadow priests never have mana issues is idiodic as well because we only get out of combat mana regen from spirit -_-

For the most part your reforges and gems looks good Amongo. The only thing I would suggest is if in raids you normally have DI to change up some of your reforges to haste to mastery. You might want to do that anyways until you can get to 30% haste, but that one would be a debatable change.
    Did you seriously just say that ?:P

Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    yeah cause she's correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by verba View Post
    Don't nitpick on a choice of words that could be understood in more than one way. Arlee obviously implies that spirit does not give in-combat mana regen for shadow - which is true - considering the entire post and the context. She is not saying that spirit does not affect hit. The only way you could misunderstand it is to do so on purpose, and that's trolling.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2011-08-13 at 02:35 PM.

u still may aswell reforge to spirit... even walking between trash and boss may aswell have slightly higher ooc regen instead of nothing hit brings u

Reforging the Mastery on your 2nd ring and your weapon to haste would be more beneficial. Also 65 mastery to gloves > 50 haste since your above the next haste plateau with DI. Haste to boots is more DPS than Lavawalker in a stand still encounter, but if you have to move alot (for certain encounters) lavawalker would benefit you more.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    For every shadowpriest out there, hit is better for everyone minus humans. The out of combat mana regen is zero gain, where as hit is a stat that your shadowfiend requires. It takes your stats, like other pets, but unfortunately doesn't have a talent tree that turns spirit into hit. To hit cap it, you need the 8% melee cap against raid bosses, and that comes from hit not spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by drpepper101 View Post
    For every shadowpriest out there, hit is better for everyone minus humans. The out of combat mana regen is zero gain, where as hit is a stat that your shadowfiend requires. It takes your stats, like other pets, but unfortunately doesn't have a talent tree that turns spirit into hit. To hit cap it, you need the 8% melee cap against raid bosses, and that comes from hit not spirit.
    The talent that turns spirit into hit directly gives you the hit rating, which means that this is most likely 99.9% incorrect.

You are correct Dathorize. Shadowfiend takes your hit rating... doesn't matter if it comes from spirit or hit.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Twisted Faith - Increases your Shadow spell damage by 2%, and grants you spell hit rating equal to 100% of any Spirit gained from items or effects. Not melee. Your shadowfiend is melee damage(minus shadowflame).

Deleted
    You could use 65 mastery instead of 50 haste on gloves

Mastery only has an effect at full points. You're at 12.77 mas, so either reforge a bit *into* mastery to get 13, or get rid of .77 and reforge that to crit or something, it's just wasted stats.

Deleted
    the raggy trinket is not really that good.
    I myself have it also, but I prefer Bell of Enraging Resonance over it (372).

The trinket might be nice on single target fights but i tried it on dummies and there is totally no dps difference compared to the bell. So if you have another trinket, i think you should go for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by drpepper101 View Post
    Twisted Faith - Increases your Shadow spell damage by 2%, and grants you spell hit rating equal to 100% of any Spirit gained from items or effects. Not melee. Your shadowfiend is melee damage(minus shadowflame).

Interesting how my shadowfiend hasn't missed in any of my parses, yet I'm not melee hit capped.

---------- Post added 2011-08-15 at 11:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by stickzz View Post
    the raggy trinket is not really that good.
    I myself have it also, but I prefer Bell of Enraging Resonance over it (372).

The trinket might be nice on single target fights but i tried it on dummies and there is totally no dps difference compared to the bell. So if you have another trinket, i think you should go for that one.

This statement and the shadowfiend one are exactly why you should never ask for advice on mmochamps.

The heroic bell wasn't even BiS last tier, let alone this tier.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    Interesting how my shadowfiend hasn't missed in any of my parses, yet I'm not melee hit capped.
    Then go check more logs. Obviously yours aren't extensive enough.