Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Apparently the shadowfiend missing without 8% melee hit cap is true, my shadowfiend missed on H shannox once.

Quote Originally Posted by drpepper101 View Post
    Then go check more logs. Obviously yours aren't extensive enough.
    On 10 top world parses I looked at, 4 of them had no sf misses for the night (and were spell hit capped, but not melee) and 6 had misses but were not spell hit capped (making the data unusable). I'm far too lazy to look into the issue farther, but I've satisfied my own curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dathorize View Post
    The talent that turns spirit into hit directly gives you the hit rating, which means that this is most likely 99.9% incorrect.
    No, it's correct. Assuming Shadowfiend works the same way as a Boomkins trees. The hit chance you gain from spirit does not carry over, so you ideally want 8% of your hit to come from actual hit rating, rather than spirit. That said, its a relatively miniscule dps increase, a fraction of a percent best, again assuming Shadowfiend accounts for a similar proportion of dps to balance: roughly 4%.
    "It is like they have two devs changing shit in some kind of a war. "Fuck mages" "No fuck you!" and every few weeks they get into arguments and secretly change the notes and hope the other guy doesn't notice." ~Strakha

Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    On 10 top world parses I looked at, 4 of them had no sf misses for the night (and were spell hit capped, but not melee) and 6 had misses but were not spell hit capped (making the data unusable). I'm far too lazy to look into the issue farther, but I've satisfied my own curiosity.
    Link them. It's the best way to prove what you are saying is right.

Deleted
    I just went looking out of curiosity on my own logs, and over 592 melee swings from the shadowfiend, I had 3 missed, 4 dodged, 9 parried. 3+4+9 = 2.7% miss (on ragnaros). I just started thinking about getting my expertise cap .
    (And I am spell hit caped, not melee)

I heard that story about melee hit for pets with boomkin too, I thought that sounded stupid, and didn't pay much attention to it since I mostly play holy for the moment.
    That kinda suck somehow. :x

Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    Mastery only has an effect at full points. You're at 12.77 mas, so either reforge a bit *into* mastery to get 13, or get rid of .77 and reforge that to crit or something, it's just wasted stats.
    Not this again... Every point of mastery rating will increase your damage. You need ~179 mastery rating for 1 mastery, do you really think 178 rating every 1 mastery would be useless?

Quote Originally Posted by rafik View Post
    I just went looking out of curiosity on my own logs, and over 592 melee swings from the shadowfiend, I had 3 missed, 4 dodged, 9 parried. 3+4+9 = 2.7% miss (on ragnaros). I just started thinking about getting my expertise cap .
    (And I am spell hit caped, not melee)

I heard that story about melee hit for pets with boomkin too, I thought that sounded stupid, and didn't pay much attention to it since I mostly play holy for the moment.
    That kinda suck somehow. :x
    More hit is not going to reduce your parries an dodges... are actually going to try and get expertise now really? Also could you link the logs (or PM them to me) as I would really like to see some logs where this happened. Also I am going to leave this here. I think New's response was particularly important here...

---------- Post added 2011-08-16 at 02:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by drpepper101 View Post
    Twisted Faith - Increases your Shadow spell damage by 2%, and grants you spell hit rating equal to 100% of any Spirit gained from items or effects. Not melee. Your shadowfiend is melee damage(minus shadowflame).
    I'd also like to point out that this of course is relevant because no tooltip has ever been misleading, or just plain wrong... ever... not once...

Deleted
    I was just joking about expertise just told that because I had more dodge and parry than misses. I pm you my log.

Oh that makes me feel better Rafik lol... you never know sometimes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by moocowfrakmilk View Post
    No, it's correct. Assuming Shadowfiend works the same way as a Boomkins trees. The hit chance you gain from spirit does not carry over, so you ideally want 8% of your hit to come from actual hit rating, rather than spirit. That said, its a relatively miniscule dps increase, a fraction of a percent best, again assuming Shadowfiend accounts for a similar proportion of dps to balance: roughly 4%.
    THIS IS A MYTH. Boomkins do not need hit rating over spirit for their trees to hit. I think it may have been true for a short period of time, but this was patches ago.