RBGs as a Holy Priest

Anybody doing this? Is it viable? I am currently Holy for PVE (in Firelands) and Shadow for dailies and such.

I rather not have to switch out either one. So how viable is Holy for RBGs?

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Although not very common I have seen a few holy priests used in RBG flag carry games as a mid to defensive heal. Basically your FC gets out of the base with the assistance of freedom and then through the use of the "Body and Soul" talent you make some massive land gain. You grip, he sprints, you PWS before he's out of range, he sprints again, and by this point he's usually at your base. When used correctly this can be brutal for a speed cap before the enemy FC has even grabbed your flag since you cover massive ground before the enemy knows what's going on however if they know ahead of time about this strategy it can result in you just being zerged into oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    Anybody doing this? Is it viable? I am currently Holy for PVE (in Firelands) and Shadow for dailies and such.
    Same, except I DPS on some FL fights depending on who shows up.

I rather not have to switch out either one. So how viable is Holy for RBGs?
    Very.

Aside from Body and Soul mentioned above, which is neat but not THE reason to go holy for RBGs, Serenity Chakra gives you access to yet another insant heal making it easier to kite melee and heal on the go without getting locked out of your school. Aside from resilience go for Mastery, as it directly synergizes with this tactic.

Also, Lightwell is fantastic if you get caught 1-on-1 somewhere in the battleground. DPS have a hard time killing you while a well is up and being used. Good DPS know better and kill it, which gives you the freedom to get away. It's win/win.

I BG with my PvE spec, and only swap 2 glyphs.

PvP holy without blessed resilience? Neh.

Beside from that, you will want to change glyphs everytime.
    Last edited by eErike; 2011-08-13 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    PvP holy withou blessed resIlience? Neh.
    My PvE spec has it. Works great with Binding Heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    My PvE spec has it. Works great with Binding Heal.
    Mind if I can see that spec? Sounds rather unpractical for PvE, supose you have taken points from devine touch and Imp renew?

Sure, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary is me. For Arena and RBGs I swap out PoH and CoH glyphs for FHeal and IF, respectively.

I haven't ever seen a reason to get Rapid Renewal this expac.
    I Renew mostly in Serenity Chakra, for the obvious reasons.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bchZfurMRzrkfzoob there are your go to spec if you want to combine a PvE spec with aPvP spec btw, issue of glyphs remains tho.

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 09:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    Sure, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...talent/primary is me. For Arena and RBGs I swap out PoH and CoH glyphs for FHeal and IF, respectively.I haven't ever seen a reason to get Rapid Renewal this expac.I Renew mostly in Serenity Chakra, for the obvious reasons.
    Devine touch seems rather strange but I havn't been PvPing as holy so I don't know what it heals for in PvP.

Divine Touch is far from amazing but every little helps. I've had some intense node defending in AB and BfG.
    There are 3 floater points, so personal preference gives you some wiggle room if you don't want it.

And glyph swaps are super cheap and easy.

edit-- somehow I lost my post during editing and had to rewrite this one <,<

I play at a 2200-2400 level and I rarely see any Holy Priest. Earlier this season when grinding the rating we found a few Hpriest but 2 melee training them just completely removed them from the picture.

On FC maps, I also feel holy is at a disadvantage on D as an FC with stacks takes heavy direct damage, a place where disc shines. On O, a 1heal4dps offensive would not be supported very well by a holy mostly due to the reason stated above. Dont get me wrong, Holy can work, its just that the disc brethren fill a much more unique niche.

Agreed. I switched to Holy after 4 years of Disc because of what the guild needed. Thanks for all the support guys but I have gone back to disc and will raid and PVE with disc. Now to read up on a completely new healing style. Yay!