Overclocking KFA2 Geforce 560 TI 2GB

I got this graphics card when I built my new system and it come with the Xtreme Tuner HD.

http://www.ozone3d.net/public/jegx/2...uner_hd_v3.jpg

This isn't the setting for my graphics card, but I was wondering, where I should be aiming for, as in what speed/voltage and how should I go about upping these. I assume I up them a bit at a time, but I don't know which I should be upping.

Should I keep the GPU and the shader linked and at what point should I or not change the memory speed and voltage.

This is my first time over clocking a system so any help would be appreciated.

Bann
    Yesterday is history, today is a gift, tomorrow is mystery.

15+ Year Old Account
    1. Up the Core clock by 25 at a time, while running a GPU stressing program like Furmark. And while you are doing this, you should have fan turned up to 100%.

2. Keep upping the core every 2 minute or so by 25. After every time you bump up the core you look carefully at your GPU stressing program. When you see flickering on the screen (aka artifacts), you carefully up the voltage my 2-4 at a time, untill the flickering (artifacts) stop apearing.

3. Im not sure if you seperate the shader clock on a 560ti, but i dont think you should.

4. Im not sure about the 560ti but 470 cards are very sensitive to memory clocks. Personaly i dont touch it because of the very low gains compared to stability issues.

Note:
    During OCing you may experience that your GPU shuts off, but dont worry. The card will shut itself off when its in risk of being damaged. And when it shuts off, you can either increase the voltage. Or you can clock it a little back to reach a stable clock.

Note:
    Make sure you dont check ''clock on boot'', before you are done. Or you maye have difficulties when you boot.

Finaly, you test the card in a demanding game to check for artifacts.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Thanks, ill give it a go, ill just have to print it at work

Deleted
    Going up by 25 MHz increments on the core might be a bit too quick, but for the first steps can be good.

You should be starting at 822/1644/4000MHz (core/shader/mem) and start to rise up the core. leave the memories where they are, you're gonna test them later.

As for tools, I reccomend MSI AfterBurner (can be found at both msi.com and guru3d.com) which performs pretty well, and allows deep control over the card.

Start overclocking the core, having a stress test running (MSI kombustor / Furmark). At the beginning, you should be able to some large increments without crashes, like 25MHz as said. Later, in the 925+ core clock frequencies, you might want to go up more careful, as you're probably reaching your card's limit (at least at default core voltage). Sooner or later you will start to get artifacts on your stress test, or just the sys will freeze. That's over the maximum frequency the card can whitstand. Go then back some MHz (3-5 is good), and run a long stress test there. Even a couple hours can be good, it will also test the cooling system of both your video card and your pc.

On the cooling side, consider that overclocking and overvolting bring a GREAT DEAL of increased power consumption to the system overall, so also much more heat. A card which draws 150w under full stress, while seriously overclocked and overvolted can go easily over the 200w line. Make sure you've got lots of airflow in your case, and a tough psu to hold everything up.

After having overclocked the gpu, and found its stable point, you can go for the memory clocking. Return the gpu to the base frequencies, and start to grow up the mem frequency by SMALL increments. 2-3 mhz are good. Often memories become unstable with a smaller overclock than your gpu. Having reached the maximum freq, try to combine both overclocks, run a stress test, and if its good continue. If it crashes, it might be some overheating or such. get some mhz back, and try again. you should have got the best you can from the card.

Concerning overvolting: Do it only if you're sure what youre doing. Raising voltages do raise temps a lot, as example my card (a gtx460 from MSI) runs at 60°C at base voltage (0.987V - 800MHz) and rises easily to 70-75°C at 1.075V/880MHz, even with some good airflow.

Ok thanks, so what voltage should I note go over?

Quote Originally Posted by Bann View Post
    Ok thanks, so what voltage should I note go over?
    Will likely be 1.175v by default. 1.35v should not be exceeded.

Deleted
    Probably 1.175 its already a great overvolt. Those cards, if I remember well, start off around 1V, normally overclocked versions like yours are 1.022V. It all depends on your temps and how well the heat sink performs. I'd say safe up to 1.150V, not more on air, unless you really know what you're doing. By the way, while overvolting, keep temps under control. Not only your gpu will heat a lot more, also the voltage regulators will produce significantly more heat. if your card has an heatsink on them, it's good, if not... it will overvolt, but under heavy loads the card will freeze / crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea87 View Post
    Probably 1.175 its already a great overvolt. Those cards, if I remember well, start off around 1V, normally overclocked versions like yours are 1.022V.
    Turns out I was wrong and too lazy to look it up. 1.012v seems to be stock.

I ran the program without over clocking and my temperature just kept going up and up although the fan never hit 100% usage or anywhere close...

This was done with CPU running at standard speed, perhaps an additional GFX Card fan is needed....