Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm one of those people in the "No" category for playing WoW atm. Although I am still keeping up with MMO-Champ to see what new stuff comes out so I can come back and try it out. There just wasn't much to do before I quit besides spam heroics(gets boring quick when most if not all of your friends quit). Our guild wasn't progressing on anything so the interest in raiding died too. I'm sure if we did raid I'd still be playing though...maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Boy View Post
    People haven't been leveling as many alts as in WotLK because the five Cata zones get extremely boring because of their linear structure. This helped Blizzard to tell a more cohesive story, but it is bad news to altoholics.
    I feel this way too, my main levelled amusingly enough, my prime alt went quite well too, but on my second alt, it really started to drag (i SO hate Deepholm by now...), i can't get myself to level up my third alt or even level an alt from the ground up, i've just had it with the (already meager) five 80-85 zones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Boy View Post
    People haven't been leveling as many alts as in WotLK because the five Cata zones get extremely boring because of their linear structure. This helped Blizzard to tell a more cohesive story, but it is bad news to altoholics.
    I believe I have more characters at lvl 85 than I had at 80. I'm enjoying different roles and even staying as a dps in instances.

I quit WoW back in February this year, and came back early July, although I rarely do anything but PvP (as I did before I quit).

I'm kinda like this graph... I had eight characters reach 80 during Wrath and did mostly heroics on them. Now I've only one 85. The others are 82-83, and since server transferring my main, a hunter, I've rolled a second hunter on Horde side, who's leveling along smoothly. Although I enjoyed playing my druid, DK, priest, mage, warlock, paladin and shaman, I can't be bothered with that many characters at 85, due to a few changes in life.

Of my 7 level 80+ toons , I have leveled 3 of them to 85. I'm currently in the camp of "log in to raid and max out VP," spending very little time actually farming if I can avoid it, and occasionally working a bit on lower level toons.

I was in a top 100 US guild during the BC days then quit for RL reasons (a few weeks before my guild finished off sunwell), returned in WOTLK just before the whole arena raid joining my RL brother's guild. Quit after we killed Heroic Putricide (or maybe a little after?), and would have quit sooner had there been a better game to play. That guild finished all content of wotlk, got the majority of the super hard achievements, and are #1 on their server currently, on their way to finishing Heroic Firelands.

I've been checking the site a few times a week, watching how Cata panned out. I almost joined when I heard it was "so much harder" but stopped when I started seeing major class changes on a weekly basis, realizing that blizzard has no idea what they're doing with the game, it's itemization, it's class balance, and of course it's mechanics that don't scale unless they're continually tweaked.

The entire stat system needs to be torn down and built to stand a long-term increase of stats, without the need to nerf old values/calculations every few months. Among a million other things.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    My experience while leveling through the dungeon finder and doing ZA/ZG is very different. I almost never see a druid other than myself and almost always a DK.I guess I've just been unlucky.

Deleted
    "only available to US residents" Thats grand of them, its always the good prices are "only available to US residents" and the rest of the millions of fans can die...right?

Deleted
    Curse Premium Members: Win a Trip to Blizzcon!
    If you are a Curse Premium Member you can enter to win an all expenses paid trip for two to Blizzcon! While we can't send everyone to Blizzcon, we can give away some SSDs, Headsets, Mounts, and Pets as well! The contest is also open to non Premium Members as well; see the Rules for more information on how to enter. You must be a US Resident to enter.

One more reason NOT to get premium :/
    Its like "Hey, all American people get to sign up...but the rest of the world who is paying too --> Screw you!" pfff

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow I am not surprised really. Good players played DK's through ICC, I didn't really find the class all that enjoyable in Wrath to be honest and there were so many different ways of playing but only certain specs were optimal at a certain point. I like playing my DK now and it's my main, since they simplified the spec in certain ways, too bad gear itemization is still awful for plate DPS classes in this expansion (not that it was any better in ICC mind you).
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2011-08-14 at 09:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You might want to put emphasis on the US only part on the contest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    This is interesting wording. Meaning, this site has far more going for it then just WoW. Let it evolve into a site that follows all the top MMOs, not just one.
    Well said. It would be nice if MMO-Champion, like the name implies, would be a one stop MMO shop. Perhaps if man power/ server power is an issue it could just be the top MMO's for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Knopperz View Post
    Curse Premium Members: Win a Trip to Blizzcon!
    If you are a Curse Premium Member you can enter to win an all expenses paid trip for two to Blizzcon! While we can't send everyone to Blizzcon, we can give away some SSDs, Headsets, Mounts, and Pets as well! The contest is also open to non Premium Members as well; see the Rules for more information on how to enter. You must be a US Resident to enter.

Its like "Hey, all American people get to sign up...but the rest of the world who is paying too --> Screw you!" pfff
    Flying someone from another country is very expansive.. In country it is much much cheaper and the seats you get are in cargo. Would you want to fly for X hours in those seats? I wouldn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    • People didn't hit the "Nothing left to do on my main character, better reroll!" wall that they encountered in WotLK, raids were properly balanced and people didn't spend their first months steamrolling Naxxramas.
    Did we play the same Cata release?

Quote Originally Posted by Knopperz View Post

You don't even have to have premium to enter. Mailing in my entry form asap!
    Last edited by ebianbluefox; 2011-08-14 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Completely Smh at this front page. Really lowers credibility imo.'All the talk about the death of wow'; Really? Like every other day, why is it so important now, because they actually are finally losing subscriptions?? Never thought Boub would have to come to the defense of Blizzard like they are in need or something.
    Huh? A poll to see how many MMOC users play WOW is defense for blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by lilbuddhaman View Post
    I was in a top 100 US guild during the BC days then quit for RL reasons (a few weeks before my guild finished off sunwell), returned in WOTLK just before the whole arena raid joining my RL brother's guild. Quit after we killed Heroic Putricide (or maybe a little after?), and would have quit sooner had there been a better game to play. That guild finished all content of wotlk, got the majority of the super hard achievements, and are #1 on their server currently, on their way to finishing Heroic Firelands.

I've been checking the site a few times a week, watching how Cata panned out. I almost joined when I heard it was "so much harder" but stopped when I started seeing major class changes on a weekly basis, realizing that blizzard has no idea what they're doing with the game, it's itemization, it's class balance, and of course it's mechanics that don't scale unless they're continually tweaked.

The entire stat system needs to be torn down and built to stand a long-term increase of stats, without the need to nerf old values/calculations every few months. Among a million other things.
    One thing I talked about and entirely agreed upon. I was looking forward to "having very difficult heroics" comparable or harder than even normal raids. That is what they implied at the last Blizzcon. Instead there was no way to get gear in any fun manner at 85, dealing with a slow grind/farm of rep and regular dungeons, that were so easy they put me to sleep. Meanwhile I flat out wasn't geared enough to run heroics, skill was irrelevant numerically was impossible w/o gear.

Gear scaling has hit the crap pile ever since TOC came out, before that time Gear scaling was at a much more appropriate scaling (TOC 12-19 points between the tier, Ulduar-6-8 points, nearly half).

The roller coaster of mainly unneeded or desired class changes totally sucked along with the roller coaster of new balancing to fix the changes.

I guess one thing I did get sick of on my own, may not my own but it was dealing damage or for the most part every role doing the same exact actions all the time, with binary results/responses to everything. Stand there and mash a rotation (idc if there are procs, to me it is still a boring simple rotation) I'd rather have content be less about dealing damage and more about staying alive, i'd rather it be very hard to stay alive but the DPS req isn't extremely high either. Some may say that is more difficult, but really? Just stand there and mash a couple hotkeys over and over, being the main challenge of raiding sound fun? The coordination is pretty much all preemptive (done before the fights) because the fights are very predictable and scripted, making it such a linear way to fight it.

To me that gets boring after a while, maybe, just maybe, get some smarter AI in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised that DK was lowest
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

where did you get these stats? I'm curious as to the quality/validity of these numbers, since I don't see a source. there may be a way to check armory, but for one million profiles you must have a type of bot that checked for you. did you double check the work? it seems really hokey and without a source I have to assume you made up the numbers. though the chart is pretty...