Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Uhm. Hard to say how often I do it. I do it quite often I believe. I'm a introvert person so when I am alone and thinking for myself sometimes I just talk out loud instead of think, and then I realize I did it and feel retarded Most likely I do it when I am thinking of a two person conversation between myself and some random person, a friend for example. I then think for a while and poff, my sentances are spoken out loud randomly instead of thought of.

Probably sounds weird. But I think a lot over situations and consequences of actions. I think many people with quite an intellect does the same thing. So talking out loud is just a consequence of my brain thinking for so long that it believes it is a real conversation.
    Basically when I think to myself I do it. And when I imagine talking to other people I do it. I also do it sometimes when I get pissed of at something, most likely a game. But that's more "sane", so that's not what I think you mean when you mean to "talk to yourself".
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

Deleted
    I sometimes argue with myself over what I should do in some situations, never in public though.

But I think a lot over situations and consequences of actions.
    I do that too, which sometimes make my answers slow :P I also when planning on talking to someone in the future, think up conversations and witty lines but I think most people do that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappahealar View Post
    Uhm. Hard to say how often I do it. I do it quite often I believe. I'm a introvert person so when I am alone and thinking for myself sometimes I just talk out loud instead of think, and then I realize I did it and feel retarded Most likely I do it when I am thinking of a two person conversation between myself and some random person, a friend for example. I then think for a while and poff, my sentances are spoken out loud randomly instead of thought of.

Probably sounds weird. But I think a lot over situations and consequences of actions. I think many people with quite an intellect does the same thing. So talking out loud is just a consequence of my brain thinking for so long that it believes it is a real conversation.
    Basically when I think to myself I do it. And when I imagine talking to other people I do it. I also do it sometimes when I get pissed of at something, most likely a game. But that's more "sane", so that's not what I think you mean when you mean to "talk to yourself".
    Hello friend

15+ Year Old Account
    I have done it before, even in public..other people do it too....lol..
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    mostly in private. Also, sometimes when my GF is with me and I'm just saying something useless, like what I'm doing right now... and I'm not sure if this counts as talking to yourself lol

Only when i'm pissed...

I'd call it verbally thinking out loud. I do it when I'm thinking about some issues in my life and talking my thoughts out loud about them helps. It probably would look crazy if someone saw you doing it haha. I caught my roommate talking to himself one time I was like you crazy ass mofo

10+ Year Old Account
    lol, actually a lot.

Deleted
    I think most of us do, atleast I know I do.
    In private.

Quote Originally Posted by imtehrogue View Post
    Only when i'm pissed...
    Especially then.

Never do it in public, though I do often space out in public, wandering off with my own thoughts when the surroundings bore me, usually it is on a physics/math problem or a "What if" scenario with my own conditions and limits on a physical problem.

I do speak A LOT to myself, usually it is to debate something with myself, like playing chess solo.

I am not ashamed of it, nor do I think it is something bad or something I need to pop pills for, I don't see what the big deal is, it is just like thinking out loud.

Edit: The fuck, according to most replies here I am insane? I do answer myself and have conversations on a topic, how is this crazy?
    I liek fysix

Like prev. post stated. It's only weird when you answer yourself.
    Though most of the time I just do it when I curse at something.

Deleted
    I used to talk (and answer) to myself all the time, now a days not so much, I think the alcohol must have killed the interesting and intelligent part of my brain, great going me >.>

PS and very very off topic: Why did my old sig got me an infraction while Crummy can have his/hers while they are about the same size? >.> was it because it was Star Wars and not WoW? I mean I can live with it but I just wunna know why :'(
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2011-08-14 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Like this?

OT: No I don't really >_>

In public never. I barely say a word when I'm out in public even around friends, unless its after a good night out and I'm half sober.

When in private though I sometimes practice voice acting for my friend's machinima series and for fun I'll add another voice to retort and have a little conversation with my machinima character and a random one I made up.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do some weird shit when I think I am completely alone. I sing stuff I am doing sometimes like if I am in an AV I will be like "What the fuck you doing mr gnome? I saw that shit and now im coming for ya, there you are now I am attacking you, oh shit you blinked away but I was ready for it, oh fuck your frost so I am dead" etc. Sometimes I will sing songs to the tune of other songs like "I'm...raiding...firelands tonight...and I really hope my bracers drop...and I swear....if they dont...then I will be super sad whoa whoooa" (sung to the tune of "I've had the time of my life").

Please tell me someone else does this.

I have this thing I do sometimes when I read something, I'll have a strong urge to say it out loud, and if no one is around, I will. Sometimes I mumble it out loud. I don't know why I do it. I want to hear how it sounds, maybe?

I hardly ever even laugh out loud when alone. I don't have much to say.

People who talk to themselves should get pets. You can talk to them all you want and it doesn't really make you feel weird. They DO hear you (and to a degree, understand you. They can identify your tones, anyway.)

A lot. Mainly only when I'm playing games and I'm telling myself what I need to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do it all the time, then I realize what I must look like. I used to make fun of those creepy old men that would walk around having conversations with themselves as though the thorazine had just worn off... Now I am one of those guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    I talk to myself when I'm alone all the time. Also, when I'm alone and on MMO-C I'll "talk" to the other people, saying things like, "Well that' just completely stupid."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Deleted
    I do usualy when i'm thinking, though most of my answers are straight honest withouth thinking, but i'm human enough time to lie or think about other stuff, sometimes i accedently say things then indeed people ask what did ya say, then i either make something up, or say nothing