Blizzard Entertainment: Contribute to the "It Gets Better" project

Could care less honestly, doesn't effect me in any way shape or form, and unless you are gay you shouldn't have an opinion. But haters gona hate, so I'm sure we'll see some here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    Could care less honestly, doesn't effect me in any way shape or form, and unless you are gay you shouldn't have an opinion. But haters gona hate, so I'm sure we'll see some here.
    I think everyone is entitled to an opinion. All I care about is if expressing it is offensive to the people I care about. Homosexual or not.

Sorry, what is this?

Blah, missed the link to the letter, nevermind. Not much to say here, just someone asking for personal help from a big gaming company...I don't really see a problem with it.
    Last edited by Velyndina; 2011-08-15 at 06:56 AM.

So you do care?

OT: So just so im reading this correctly. He is petitioning Blizzard so they do something to support homosexuality in some way? How could that be a bad thing?

Only thing is people WILL complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    I think everyone is entitled to an opinion. All I care about is if expressing it is offensive to the people I care about. Homosexual or not.
    I don't think anyone is entitled to one, if you have an opinion earn your right to flaunt it around. Most people here and in the entire world are so damn brainless they don't deserve that right. Especially on this subject, seen enough churches protesting the AIDS walk in Irvine.

15+ Year Old Account
    I could care less who donates what to who

Deleted
    And Blizzard should care why? Why don't you donate to this charity yourself? The only thing that that stuff accomplishes is get people used to the Blizzard Store with microntransactions, and should only be used for major events (such as the earthquake in Japan).

Deleted
    I don't think anyone is entitled to one, if you have an opinion earn your right to flaunt it around. Most people here and in the entire world are so damn brainless they don't deserve that right. Especially on this subject, seen enough churches protesting the AIDS walk in Irvine.
    Usually people that think others are too stupid to be entitled to an opinion are usually just sad asshats that don't deserve the right to have one aswell. Now shut up before this turns into a bigger flamefest.

OT: There are always people that want support for their cause, petitions are a way to show how many people support the idea, they hardly get a big business company like Blizzard to tag along.

This is really stupid. A petition to make Blizzard donate money to a gay rights project.

...what, and why?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

For the people not familiar with the It Gets Better Project, it was created in response to the growing suicide rate of gay, bi, lesbian, transgendered, etc. teenagers. The people who think that the It Gets Better Project is requesting money, or that the petitioner is requesting Blizzard to donate money, are misinformed, or under false assumptions. Or, you didn't read the petition letter.

Lady GaGa, Steven Colbert, Google, Chris Colfer, Pixar, Facebook, Apple, and many other famous people and companies have made videos extending the message "It Gets Better" to struggling teens.

That petition is not asking for a donation. It is asking Blizzard to make some show of comfort and support, like other companies have been doing, in an attempt to reach as many struggling young people as possible, and maybe make some sort of difference. From the petition letter: "Many corporations, businesses, sports teams, and networks have shown their sympathy for those affected and their support for the LGBT community by contributing to the "It Gets Better Project". Many who have contributed have done so by making videos to tell potentially suicidal teens that it does get better, but there is plenty of room on the table for other methods."

I, personally, would really like to see Blizzard make some sort of video.
    Take a look at all of the videos that various people and companies have created.

Because it is not about donations, Blizzard should care because of the sheer number of people they could reach with a message. This is not something that an individual person can "contribute" to, like the Red Cross.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2011-08-15 at 09:19 PM.