Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Corrupted into Kraken?
    O.o possibly. The one in SSC looks very dragon-like, now that I think about it.

Well, nice to see that they are retconning Pandaren lore into wow. I loled at pandaren being around longer than NE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fartman69 View Post
    She is probably a Naaru but Velen offended tyrande with what he said too her.
    So is the Earthmother a Naaru too?

I hope very much, that the powers of Elune and the Earthmother are only from the same source as the Naaru's (and that's why Velen said that it feels similar). All true deities being "Naaru" sounds kind of ... meh. I mean, the power that A'dal shows in Shattrath is very similar to what Alexstrasza does with the Strongholds of Alliance and Horde after Wrathgate and it is similar to what is said about the powers of Eonar: Noone can keep on fighting in her presence. That's why I hope it all comes from the same source but not from the same sort of being, because Eonar is a titan, Alex is a dragon (blessed by said titan) and A'dal is a Naaru. See, different kinds of beings, similar power.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda iffy on all of this. After all isn't this the Magazine that said Elune was a Naaru and then Blizzard came out and said "No. No she's not." So until I get something from them, i'm not sure I believe all of this.
    I play on Moonguard. Yeah. That server. I also RP. Yay!

Characters-
    Shiandri
    Solariah
    Laeline
    Lougara
    Saeahska
    Halter

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    This means nothing get a blue post or dont post at all this is a fail attempt to troll!
    This is from their official magazine. It's not trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeline View Post
    I'm kinda iffy on all of this. After all isn't this the Magazine that said Elune was a Naaru and then Blizzard came out and said "No. No she's not." So until I get something from them, i'm not sure I believe all of this.
    Blizzard never denied that Elune was a Naaru. In a recent Lore Q&A, Velen said that she shared many qualities with a Naaru. However, Tyrande was offended, and stated that such things were not to be mentioned infront of the Priesthood. So, they're not denying it there, just giving hinting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    This is from their official magazine. It's not trolling.

Blizzard never denied that Elune was a Naaru. In a recent Lore Q&A, Velen said that she shared many qualities with a Naaru. However, Tyrande was offended, and stated that such things were not to be mentioned infront of the Priesthood. So, they're not denying it there, just giving hinting.
    I have been misinformed! *Totally justified and indignant rage!*
    I play on Moonguard. Yeah. That server. I also RP. Yay!

Characters-
    Shiandri
    Solariah
    Laeline
    Lougara
    Saeahska
    Halter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    This means nothing get a blue post or dont post at all this is a fail attempt to troll!
    Ask CDev Round 2:
    Q: Are night elves related to trolls in some way?
    A: See issue #5 of the World of Warcraft Official Magazine!

http://www.wowpedia.org/Ask_CDev

:O Found this

What are the origins of stone and storm drakes?
    Brann Bronzebeard recently uncovered evidence, corroborated by reports from adventurers in Deepholm, that proto-dragons and dragons may have origins in these—and other—elemental drakes. The inhabitants of Deepholm, the Skywall, the Firelands, and the Abyssal Maw are less than talkative on these matters, however, and most of them were not around when the elemental prisons were created.

Seriously. What does the tree start as then? Should I just play it safe and have Galakrond + Proto-Dragons? And have elemental drakes as a offshoot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, where do Violet Proto-drakes fit into lore?

Why do people think anything changed is a retcon? I disagree.

With blizzard making this look like BRANN's work, they seem to be trying to make it as if it was real history, and the people of Azeroth are now finding out the correct answers to many questions. That as opposed to having the "History of Azeroth" be a checklist by the author of the story [metzen].

This makes it much more immersive in my eyes.

To me, this all means that Azeroth is getting better at recording their own history. In real life, there have been many times where history has been "retconned" because we found out we were actually wrong about something.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    Seriously. What does the tree start as then? Should I just play it safe and have Galakrond + Proto-Dragons? And have elemental drakes as a offshoot?
    I'm sorry

But if this is to be believed, then the Titans used the elemental drakes as a basis, and came out with the proto-drakes. From there, it offshoots to the dinosaurs in Un'goro and the dragons.

I think Galakrond and the Aspects (barring Kalecgos; I dunno about him, he's a different scale) should be a separate offshoot of the protodrakes.

Like this:

Elemental drakes (stone/Air/fire hawks?) + titans -> proto-drakes
    proto drakes -> Un'goro dinosaurs
    proto drakes -> Dragonflights

I think that makes the most sense.

Galakrond -> Aspects

Maybe, maybe not :/
    Last edited by Sal the Shieldhog; 2011-08-17 at 04:15 AM.

Corrupted Sargeras pwnage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    so if so,why are trolls even around?
    are they evolutionarily defunct?
    are they so bad that evolution has halted in an attempt to force them out of existence?
    >.> umm things don't evolve like pokemon, the original version can still be around. Hence Monkeys
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    >.> umm things don't evolve like pokemon, the original version can still be around. Hence Monkeys
    Coelacanths
    Crocodiles/Alligators
    Sharks

All largely unchanged for millions of years

we are talking about WoW lore here guys not Lord of the Rings. If it doesn't make sense don't think about it too hard. Your head will just end up hurting.

Quote Originally Posted by Youknowme View Post
    we are talking about WoW lore here guys not Lord of the Rings. If it doesn't make sense don't think about it too hard. Your head will just end up hurting.
    Most of it's easy to understand, sometimes you just need a little more broader info than with other fantasy.

Some of it is a little difficult, 'tis true, but for the most part it is well thought out and well written.

10+ Year Old Account
    My mind has been blown.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

15+ Year Old Account
    Elemental Drakes → Proto Drakes → Generic Drakes

Is that how its meant to work? Because if so the in-game models seem to work against this concept.

Slender bodied drake → Hulking gigantor drake → Slender bodied drake

Doesnt seem right <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    On the whole elune/naruu subject. I'm certain the humans light, the earth-mother, and elune are all the same thing. Chances are Elune which is a naruu is on the scale of ad'al whom we have seen is far more powerful than alexstraza or cenarus . (the quest line to purify the crusader) . Since the old gods are originally from the "Great beyond" I assume they are in fact from dreanor, since both planets are relatively close( as seen in shadowmoon valley) Which would explain ogres and orcs being fleshy. Also MALE succubus are called incubus, just sayin.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.