So I got a beta key for this weekend. Unfortunately I will only be able to play on Sunday afternoon... well let's see what this game has to offer =)

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Thanks, now I have the doom song stuck in my head -_-
    Me too. I think I'll watch some Zim when I get home because it's been a while.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I looked it up because I thought he was in Naxx as well but that was Anub'Rekhan. So funny it was only twice it feels like he was there a lot more than that.
    Ya they just reused his model #Shocker .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    This is sadly going to be true It's like people learn how to do things and get amnesia when it comes to thinking about when they first started playing/doing whatever activity it is :/
    Oh it is gunna happen, it happens in every game. Even in Final Fantasy now people will complain if you do something wrong. It isn't just a WoW thing .
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we all remember that quote about those 80 player thing being a mistake right...well...

Developer response to it on the official forums:

"When I said an encounter balanced for 80 players, I meant an encounter balanced for 80 players."
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    So we all remember that quote about those 80 player thing being a mistake right...well...

Developer response to it on the official forums:

"When I said an encounter balanced for 80 players, I meant an encounter balanced for 80 players."
    I knew I understood it correctly!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Coming soon to Wildstar: 1000 man raids. If you can't do them, then we delete your character. The hardcoriest of hardcore raiding here. Here's the scenario: Boss has 128 different telegraphs that fire at randomized intervals in milliseconds. Testing has shown that Intel i9's from the future will be able to perform at blistering speeds up to 2FPS so you should be fine with current hardware. Gear we are affectionately naming Stinson Quality will drop for the dedicated individuals able to complete this content. We are not responsible from any hardware failures or house fires and require that you sign this release agreement as well as provide proof of home owner's insurance prior to engaging the encounter. WELCOME TO WILDSTAR
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    So since Carbine went ahead and posted the video where Zybak was the last one alive, I thought his newest vid may be worth discussion. I haven't watched it yet (sound will wake up wife) but taking a look at all the arguments on Reddit, I can guess most.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuKOmQVLrHo
    Thanks for the link, it was very informative.
    Unfortunately, just as I thought it seems this game has nothing to offer to casual players.
    Sure there seems to be solo things for casuals to do but nearly all group content is tailored to hardcore players.
    And solo content doesn't warrant a subscription for me (better buy a solo rpg in that case), so I'll probably have to skip Wildstar.
    It's a shame, the game was looking good otherwise (except for the horrid performance if forum feedback is to be believed).

Edit : regarding the topic of LFG, I fully agree with the video : LFG+hard content = disaster.
    Either you do hard content and no LFG or you do easy content and LFG. Or you do two separate difficulty levels.
    But Wow's dungeons have proven time and time again that LFG and hard content don't go well together at all.
    Last edited by mmoce6d6578c3b; 2014-04-17 at 08:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That video is very informative. I think the optmization is really poor. Maybe its because its beta, but we are a month and a half away from launch and those starter areas are horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    That video is very informative. I think the optmization is really poor. Maybe its because its beta, but we are a month and a half away from launch and those starter areas are horrible.
    What about the starting areas is so bad? Haven't played yet.

Deleted
    Most of the issues Zybak has are being fixed.

Optimisation will continually get improved, personally didn't have a issue at all with fps. 250 ping to Na servers but that's expected.

Warplot's have a fill/mercenary type thing to allow solo players to join a warparty temporarily to play. I dont think this completely fixes the queue times but it will help. Biggest thing for warplots is whether its stable/laggy and whether or not its fun. If they are really fun like AV used to be, queue times wont be a problem.

Oceanic servers are an MMO issue and not just wildstar, it took 3 years for LoL to get an oceanic server and there playerbase is massive compared to the entire mmo genre.

Solo content, major story arc questlines were omitted from beta so it couldnt get spoiled. They also intend to swift content patches (already a patch tabled for 1 month from release) So i expect content updates to cover this as i dont expect a 6-8 month patch cycle like in WoW.

As for his distaste of crafting, selecting to craft 100 somethings and going afk in WoW i wouldnt consider fun. That said i wouldnt call wildstar crafting fun either, but its certainly interesting and rewards time/effort spent doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As for optimization I have a hd 7970 card and a 770gtx ill be testing this weekend the amd card had very good results I'm expecting the sane for its nvidia counter parts .
    All other things are opinion s and everyone is entitled to their own.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the new UI in the beta this weekend?

If so I may grab a beta key.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is /10

Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    What about the starting areas is so bad? Haven't played yet.
    If he's talking about the very intro starting area, it's insanely slow paced and pretty boring. It isn't until you actually get on the first planet (which takes a bit) that things start to get fun, but by then there's the risk that people get so bored with the initial quests that they write the game off. They really need to do something to zaz it up. Needs so much more zaz.

Deleted
    Takes 5-10 minutes to get off the arkship onto the planet : /

Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    Takes 5-10 minutes to get off the arkship onto the planet : /
    Yep, I really don't understand how people are making a problem out of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was talking about optimization people. I even double checked my post to see if i had a typo somewhere. At least for me they are horrible, fps wise, too many nametags, dozens of npcs in very small spaces. Then i get to the real starter area and gets significantly better but still choppy.

10+ Year Old Account
    It shouldn't be that bad since the Arkship is instances, but it has been a while for me. I'll test it tomorrow on my new warrior!

I had great frame rate during arc ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If he's talking about the very intro starting area, it's insanely slow paced and pretty boring. It isn't until you actually get on the first planet (which takes a bit) that things start to get fun, but by then there's the risk that people get so bored with the initial quests that they write the game off. They really need to do something to zaz it up. Needs so much more zaz.
    I think most people who buy the game will slog through it cause they're already paying, but for people using trial passes or starting a toon on a friends account, I could seriously see them saying "screw it" after about 5 mins. Its really that bad. I had hopes when I first saw it that it was some kind of placeholder for the real starter zone, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*