Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I'm only hitting ~40 FPS on default settings atm

R7 200 gfx card with 2 GB RAM
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz
    8GB ram

I don't mind it just worried when I hit raids that i'll struggle.
    You have to realize that I am running i7, 3.5ghz, a 780GTX, and 16GB of RAM.

I SHOULD be able to max out this game with little issue and so they seem they've made it as such. x3

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post

I SHOULD be able to max out this game with little issue and so they seem they've made it as such. x3

Ah fair enough.

Also does anybody know if these servers are the ones that will be up when it launches?

There was only 1 English (EU) PvP realm and I think 2 PvE, I wouldn't mind that as I would hate to roll on a realm only to find out it's dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post

I think the game engine is only programmed to make use of 1 or 2 CPU cores at most cause it's a really old engine. So it's not using most of your CPU and MMOs are all about CPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    I think the game engine is only programmed to make use of 1 or 2 CPU cores at most cause it's a really old engine. So it's not using most of your CPU and MMOs are all about CPU.
    They worked with i7's in a patch here recently.

So that's probably why I am getting a much higher performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Destian View Post

On this guy's land, he also had the portal to a solo dungeon that put me through a series of trials, including platforming and soloing a tough boss at the end. When I killed him, the level of satisfaction I felt couldn't be garnered from eating a thousand Snickers (trust me, I've tried), and guess what he dropped? An item that allowed me to place the same dungeon on MY land, allowing the cycle to continue.

Take note: Much like with Tera, the first 1-19 levels are boring as piss, then you get to 20, run your first dungeon, and it's like an avalanche of oral sex and chocolate for the gaming pleasure center of your brain. Every time you dodged a boss and counter attacked in any game you ever played, ever, you were unknowingly preparing yourself for Wildstar, and dusting those skills off and putting them to use feels DAAAAAMN good...

I was ready to walk away from WS until my first boss fight. Then, I was a believer.
    Before the US/EU split, I was a regular at JackVII's, since I didn't have all the challenge plots he had and certainly didn't have the encounter plots. He must have dumped a ton of time into redoing it since the split tho, since it was a simpler affair (mostly inside the house instead of outside), but just as cool.

Edit - just noticed they posted on facebook about an hour ago that the servers are up.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Deleted
    I'm usually at 60-70 FPS, but I have one problem and I could really use some help with it.

No matter the graphics or zone I am at least above 50 FPS, and most of the time between 60 and 70. But (no matter the graphics) everything just freezes every now and then. I drop to less than 1 FPS for 1-2 seconds and the screen along with the music freezes.
    I got the latest drivers and my setup is:

I5 2500 non-OC
    GTX 660 OC
    8GB Ram at 1600

It is the only game I've noticed this happen in. Any help would be highly appreciated!

Edit: Mixed a bit with the resolution and now I'm at 90-100 FPS instead but still getting these freezes.

Edit 2: Well... the screenfreezes have slowed down, but the sound still messes up sometimes. Help still appreciated.
    Last edited by mmoccbb2f90537; 2014-05-21 at 10:38 PM.

Just tried it out and my FPS has improved and stabilized. Before open beta I was playing at around 30 fps on medium. Just now I was averaging 60-70fps on high and even going over 110 fps at some points. Also the world map looks great.

I was usually capped at 144 fps (vsync).

But I played on a mac pro :>

Not a big fan of pre-purchases. I'll give it a shot if it shows promise a few months after release. I wouldn't have minded playing it a bit now though
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2014-05-21 at 10:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah, it actually decreased my performance. I was doing fine prior to this patch too by the end. Ran through BioDome 4 and Whitevale, and hasn't hit over 20 with everything on low. Was getting 50ish after that final patch for open beta.

New Prme nameplate is sweet though.

After playing the combat a bit, I have to say I REALLY enjoy the aim mechanics of it, and the dodge stuff. It makes it a bit more interesting.

Hope I still think the same in 2 months time.

Probably gonna make an exile now with a class I won't play, so I don't have to repeat everything when it launches

No improvement for me, still getting 20-30.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    No improvement for me, still getting 20-30.
    what cpu and gfx card?

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    what cpu and gfx card?
    i5-2500k
    AMD Radeon HD 6850

I can play other games fine on ultra. Wildstar I need to play on medium to get the 20-30.

They changed the abilities interface again

i5-2500k
    AMD Radeon HD 6850

I can play other games fine on ultra. Wildstar I need to play on medium to get the 20-30.
    Your setup looks fine for an MMO.

Wildstar just looks to be unoptimized at the moment.

Did you try overclocking your 2500k? Pretty easy to do if you watch a video guide.
    It should help immensely.

i5-2500k
    AMD Radeon HD 6850

Your gfx card is a wee bit old. You could try to oc your cpu, it should help, considering mmos are very cpu reliant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Did you try overclocking your 2500k? Pretty easy to do if you watch a video guide.
    It should help immensely.
    Unless you have watercooling attached, and the knowledge how to do hardcore overclocks, I wouldn't bother.
    Whether I let my 3570K run on stock (3.7)or OC it to 4.2GHz makes 0 difference in real life applications.

Sure, Benchmarks like prime, super Pi and what not get a boner but games... not so much.

Also remember: increasing voltages results in rather substantial increases in power consumption and heat production. Values have to be monitored. Also OCing easily introduces instability to a normally rock solid system.

Thanks will do. I was scared to before, I'll look up a video.

Edit: Scared again.

FPS got quite unstable for me. Before it never dropped below 40 FPS even during the busiest fights, and was usually at around 50 FPS, and now it was dropping below 40 while simply walking. It still goes up to 50+ while standing still, though... In new AMD drivers we trust.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2014-05-21 at 11:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Scared again.
    And rightly so.
    If you don't know what you're doing: hands off the voltages.

It would be interesting to find out what limits you. I'd bet on the gfx card, because the difference between your processor and mine are minimal at best (10% max).

Just so you have a reference point:

My system: 3570K @ stock, 7870 (Gigabyte factory OC), 8GB RAM
    Wildstar should be set at maximum detail with max Anti Aliasing, but I didn't check it again.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2014-05-21 at 11:54 PM.