The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    OOOH! But is it perhaps a picture of something awesome you buy at Gumby's?????!!!!
    Yeah...it's their cheese bread. They call them Pokey Sticks. I was going to link them from their website, but I have to crank out work today because we're swamped and I'm already slated to pull 13 hours today.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I like when different weapon types do different types of damage or effects. The old talent trees in WoW had different weapon specs. Some liked sword spec for double strike, and some preferred the mace spec for the stun, and axe had crit I think.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    I like when different weapon types do different types of damage or effects. The old talent trees in WoW had different weapon specs. Some liked sword spec for double strike, and some preferred the mace spec for the stun, and axe had crit I think.
    Yeah... Sword spec + HoJ = RNG lolerz.

The problem with that is there is almost always a "best option" and then you end up with people who like polearms being like "WTF. WHY U NO MAKE VIABLE?"
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    The topic was this:
    To which you responded:
    and so I said:

It was about, specifically, PvP to begin with until you said:
    it was a general statement to the general theme of wanting wildstar to be just like guildwars. the previous 10 pages before the handful of pvp posts were mainly about guildwars level scaling and how wildstar should use it.

---------- Post added 2013-04-25 at 10:36 PM ----------

i really couldnt be bothered with the type of weapon my character uses.. im going to guess there will be alot of different skins for the weapons and we might even have an option of using old skins on new weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    2.) are there more than 4 classes announced? I can't believe that they designed the game for 5/6 years with only 4 classes in mind... did I miss something?
    There's going to be 6 classes, the last 2 names are simply not announced yet. Besides, WoW had what, 8 classes on launch? With 2 being faction restricted. But in Cataclysm the class homogenization got so bad there was hardly any difference between classes other than spell particles and armor sets.

I say let Wildstar have 6 classes, as long as they are really unique. Quality over quantity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeahh, 6 up to 8 is my ideal number usually , not too many, not too few.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Nope. They've already specifically said each class gets 2 options. So you can have either:

DPS/TANK
    DPS/HEALER
    HEALER/TANK

and that's it. I don't think they said any classes would be dps only, like melee/ranged. Additionally, there are 6 classes total, not 4. And to be perfectly honest, if you boil other games down to similar concepts there's not that many options either. Mages, rogues, warlocks -just one range of dps. At least here every single class will be a hybrid.

It sounds like the real customization will come from the abilities you choose, much like how TSW works though on a larger scale and more traditional based.
    what I was trying to say:

class1 tank: playstyle 1
    class 1 dps: playstyle 2

class 2 tank: playstyle 3
    class 2 healer: playstyle 4

etc.

I assume that tanks do feel different from each other and so have their own playstyle.
    I forgot about the 2 unannounced classes...

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I say let Wildstar have 6 classes, as long as they are really unique. Quality over quantity.
    yeah, I absolutely agree

... so 2 more classes are coming, hm? What archetypes do we have? Brutalwarrior, Stealthguy, Illusionist, Ranger/Mage??
    So no pet class yet, or does the last one have a pet? What can we expect? Holywarrior? Martialartist-Monk? We have two dps/tanks, and two dps/healer. so a tank/healer fits quite good to Holywarrior and Monk. I love to speculate ^^

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    As I posted a few pages back (Before it got drowned out in some argument) I think the last two classes will kind of fill in what we're missing. Another gun class and another magic class of some kind seeing as we already got two melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    As I posted a few pages back (Before it got drowned out in some argument) I think the last two classes will kind of fill in what we're missing. Another gun class and another magic class of some kind seeing as we already got two melee.
    we got 2 melee and 2 ranged ^^

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    we got 2 melee and 2 ranged ^^
    Oh I usualy put 'casters' as different from your standard ranged class (Spells and wands vs Bows and guns).

Well it was a big difference for example to play a dual wield Death Knight in WoW or a 2handed one. In WoW weapons were defined by weaponspeed which made a huge difference in playstlye.
    Could this mechanic not simply be incorporated by varying the weapon speed & damage among sticks?

The question is rhetorical, by the way. It can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Could this mechanic not simply be incorporated by varying the weapon speed & damage among sticks?

The question is rhetorical, by the way. It can.
    yeah it would look crappy because the animation of a low hitting weapon would look like fast forwarded, but it can.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    There's going to be 6 classes, the last 2 names are simply not announced yet. Besides, WoW had what, 8 classes on launch? With 2 being faction restricted. But in Cataclysm the class homogenization got so bad there was hardly any difference between classes other than spell particles and armor sets.

6 classes is way too few in my mind. Unless each spec (3 per class?) is extremely different in playstyle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    6 classes is way too few in my mind. Unless each spec (3 per class?) is extremely different in playstyle.
    2 Per class i take it. Assuming 1 per role. Each class is a hybrid. Don't quote me on that. Personally 7 or 8 is good, but 6 isn't too low.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I think it depends, if you look at WoW nearly every dps class is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    2 Per class i take it. Assuming 1 per role. Each class is a hybrid. Don't quote me on that. Personally 7 or 8 is good, but 6 isn't too low.
    Well,

You could just as easily have 5 tanking styles and 5 dps variations in one class.
    We should really wait and see before saying that there's only 2 play styles per class. (Like, I know what you mean. tanking / dps. Healing / dps. But... That could mean a lot of things)

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Well,

You could just as easily have 5 tanking styles and 5 dps variations in one class.
    We should really wait and see before saying that there's only 2 play styles per class. (Like, I know what you mean. tanking / dps. Healing / dps. But... That could mean a lot of things)
    Well I think they've hammered out that it's pretty basic in terms of the 2 roles...the customization will obviously come from your skills you select on your action bar.

It is very possible that the tank role could dps, just with different utilities. Also, the 'roles' are also used to distinguish primary stats as each role has their own. As limiting as people think this makes it, I think it actually paves the way for your skill setup to really blow the doors open on what you can be.

Sorta a combination of TSW and Rift in terms of principle, where you can combine just about anything you want to do damage, have utility, etc.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Well I think they've hammered out that it's pretty basic in terms of the 2 roles...the customization will obviously come from your skills you select on your action bar.

It is very possible that the tank role could dps, just with different utilities. Also, the 'roles' are also used to distinguish primary stats as each role has their own. As limiting as people think this makes it, I think it actually paves the way for your skill setup to really blow the doors open on what you can be.

Sorta a combination of TSW and Rift in terms of principle, where you can combine just about anything you want to do damage, have utility, etc.
    Yeah. My wording is really badly but I am basically trying to say what you are saying.

I shall give an elaborate example.

In rift, a rogue can fill a tanking or dps role (support too but forget about that for a second).
    Depending on which trees you pick, you can fulfill those two roles in very different ways. To be dps; you could be a ranger pet dps class guy, a marksmen ranged dps guy, you could be a fire/shadow damage DoT melee guy, you could be a physical damage melee guy, you could be a shadowy stab/psn dmg guy, ect ect ect.

WS could do something similar by offering 250 unique abilities and making you pick 5.
    IE: you could get taunt, block, sunder armor, charge, aoe taunt.
    Or you could get snipe, crippling slash, grenade, assassins mark, poison dart.
    Or you could get block, rallying cry, backstab, stealth, and vampiric touch.

Peepz who are looking at this and thinking "oh noes. only 6 classes?" need to understand that the number of classes is irrelevant if each class can be heavily customized.