10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    Well, the classes that can healer for now are Esper and Spellslinger, neither of which really bases their healing capability around medicine, but instead they use psychic energy and guns powered by magic. So healing IRL is related to medicine and therefore to science, but in the world of Wildstar not so much (at least not until we see the other classes).
    well, I guess that's part of the beauty of playing fantasy games... you can think up combinations of playstyles that other people might not think of. In the end, it's all a matter of preference for how you want to play your character. To each their own I guess.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    When this game comes out nobody will ever see me again :P
    Me either. Holding on to 2 weeks of vacation right now like treasure. Good thing is that I can carry them over if I don't use them this year. So if Wildstar is delayed to next year, then I'll just take 4 weeks off.

Haven't 100% decided on the race or faction, but I think I'm going to go with a Cassian or Human Spellslinger Scientist. Followed by a Mechari or Aurin Stalker Explorer. I feel a strong bout of Altitis coming on.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boramir View Post
    my thoughts on what I will play based on current information are:

Exile: Aurin > Spellslinger > Explorer
    Dominion: Mechari > Stalker > Scientist

This is all contingent on the 2 undisclosed races/classes.
    http://www.tentonhammer.com/wildstar...utm_medium=rss

Esper and scientist would be an interesting pairing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm...if you haven't read Massively's interview with Gaffney about the Settler path...you should totally do it. He talks about some amazing features in the game that aren't necessarily settler related. Also, the Settler has so much going on for it I didn't realize it would be so cool. So conflicted now.

Some highlights:

- Game has almost no phasing and all the changes you make are actually present in the world.
    - Settlers can build things inside of Dungeons
    - Towns are literally built up by many Settlers, these towns decay if not kept up so it requires a very social, group interaction to keep these towns being awesome
    - Warplots will allow you to
    capture a raid boss, bring it back to your plot, and send it to fight the enemy's fortress. You'll be able to make Mech factories that will put you in a Mech with super powers
    Mind. Blown. (for like the 100th time with this game)
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to find new stuff but most looks like they are pretty much just reposts.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

A lot of new stuff. No way the game releases this year.

Will this game be out in the nearest future, or are we talking very late 2013-early 2014?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Trying to find new stuff but most looks like they are pretty much just reposts.
    Yeah man,we've been eating all the new stuffs faster than we should be. lol They should put moreeeeee....

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, here is a new one.

http://www.f2p.com/wildstar-press-to...-presentation/

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 08:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Will this game be out in the nearest future, or are we talking very late 2013-early 2014?
    They are aiming for this year, but no firm dates yet.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2013-05-22 at 01:22 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Why do they release new things while I am sleeping?? QQ

But hey I was partially right in my theory about the whole "class dismissed" thing. I figured we'd learn more about the scientist path \o/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Okay, here is a new one.

http://www.f2p.com/wildstar-press-to...-presentation/

[video=youtu.be;DYnF1chxRSI]http://youtu.be/DYnF1chxRSI[video]

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 08:21 AM ----------

They are aiming for this year, but no firm dates yet.
    The cool part about this is that it's dynamic, the bad part about this for demoing is it's dynamic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by athlonmax View Post
    yeah what Boramir said, couldn't said it better! Granok scientist would be cool too.
    Ahhh, I see what you mean now Well, I use to play healers in MMORPGs but I never think of them as "medics" or "doctors" in a RL sense of the word(s) but more as magic/mystic healers so that's why I failed to get your relation between science<-->healing.

The ones I tend to see more associated with "scientists" are the ones locked up in tall towers surrounded with books and experiments and stuff and those normally are "mage" archetypes, not "healers" (ok ok, please disregard Chloromancers from RIFT from this association, ehehe).

But I guess that's the product of mostly playing MMORPGs with a "medieval fantasy" setting W* is sci-fi so you make a good point!

At this point Explorer path just screams "Indiana Jones" to me and I'm finding it very hard to resist that appeal !!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boramir View Post
    well, I guess that's part of the beauty of playing fantasy games... you can think up combinations of playstyles that other people might not think of. In the end, it's all a matter of preference for how you want to play your character. To each their own I guess.
    I'm not trying to argue this, actually I perfectly agree on this, but exactly because it's a new world with it's own set of rules the combinations that make sense in our worlds aren't necessarily the most obvious and logical in Wildstar from a roleplaying perspective. For example IMO from the official class descriptions warriors and stalkers seems to be much more technological then the other 2 classes and therefore more inclined to be scientists (for example a stalker scientist that researches Eldan technology and Nexus wildlife to find ways to improve his stealth technology or a warrior that want to find more efficient power sources for his kinetic cells). But at the end it's really based on personal preference and devising your own stories and reasons why you chose one combination of path/class/race will be all part of the fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by athlonmax View Post
    Wait,what? you got your invite already?
    Oh i don't know =p

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 03:10 PM ----------

Also fell in love with Mechari females. For realz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sueisfine View Post
    Ahhh, I see what you mean now Well, I use to play healers in MMORPGs but I never think of them as "medics" or "doctors" in a RL sense of the word(s) but more as magic/mystic healers so that's why I failed to get your relation between science<-->healing.

The ones I tend to see more associated with "scientists" are the ones locked up in tall towers surrounded with books and experiments and stuff and those normally are "mage" archetypes, not "healers" (ok ok, please disregard Chloromancers from RIFT from this association, ehehe).

But I guess that's the product of mostly playing MMORPGs with a "medieval fantasy" setting W* is sci-fi so you make a good point!

At this point Explorer path just screams "Indiana Jones" to me and I'm finding it very hard to resist that appeal !!!
    Yeah for sci-fi settings scientist is the closest path/job thing associates with a healer. Good pairing for role-playing too i think.

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 10:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Oh i don't know =p

What is the first rule for fight club? You do not talk about fight club. good luck bro!

10+ Year Old Account
    After watching the puzzle solving, tomb diving shenanigans of the Scientist I think it's definitely the first choice. I'm glad that the paths have some level of crossover, in that you get to do exploring on the scientist and explorer, but they are approached and framed differently.

I also like how Carbine eliminates so many QoL issues that you don't even think about. Like when you have a quest to kill 10 yetis in a cave, then accidentally pull the 'boss' yeti. You run back to town, turn in your kill quest, then get a new quest to kill the boss yeti you already did. /facepalm. Carbine eliminates that by having the item, a head in this case, drop for you without the quest. That way when you pick the quest up for the boss yeti head, it's already in your bag and you don't have to trek back and repeat.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Oh i don't know =p

¨

We don't take kindly to your kind around here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    ¨

We don't take kindly to your kind around here.
    And what would that "kind" be?

I usually play a hunter/ranger class whenever I get the chance to but man, some of these other classes look like so much fun to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    After watching the puzzle solving, tomb diving shenanigans of the Scientist I think it's definitely the first choice. I'm glad that the paths have some level of crossover, in that you get to do exploring on the scientist and explorer, but they are approached and framed differently.

I also like how Carbine eliminates so many QoL issues that you don't even think about. Like when you have a quest to kill 10 yetis in a cave, then accidentally pull the 'boss' yeti. You run back to town, turn in your kill quest, then get a new quest to kill the boss yeti you already did. /facepalm. Carbine eliminates that by having the item, a head in this case, drop for you without the quest. That way when you pick the quest up for the boss yeti head, it's already in your bag and you don't have to trek back and repeat.
    Yeah,explorer path seems to interact more with outdoor environments stuff in where scientist more to biological,archeologic stuff