The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    The person who gets robbed isn't responsible.

Foolish, perhaps, but blaming victims leads to bad places.

Personal responsibility is a bad place?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Personal responsibility is a bad place?
    Two completely different concepts. And to be perfectly honest, we don't need to go down this road because then people who are active/concerned with some serious social issues are going to get very angry talking about serious things...myself included. Suffice to say that if there is a reasonable method of prevention it should naturally be followed. While no one is ever at fault for being a victim, there are certainly ways to be proactive.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Zerging Wotw was due to making it too easy, now still getting gold gives you a chance on 3 epics what means you'll get more for the time spend.
    Crimelords, not sure what's wrong with that, it's too easy but that's about it.
    Malgrave while being too long, i run it weekly you know why? It is a massive boost to your weekly experience cap, it's rather rewarding it just comes across slow it also already rewards two epics at the end.
    I'd say Malgrave is actually fairly short given the rewards if you go Greenleaf (cap water to skip the event), Winged Fury, Rumbling Fields, Seaview, and Uboshwa.. with 1 Explorer it takes us less than 35 minutes and gives a ton of EP/gold.

I think after the changes it will be the go-to adventure. You can cap very quickly there and if a NPC gets gibbed during the teleporter event you can just go straight to seaview and still get silver in like 25-30 minutes for the improved awards.
    Last edited by Pennoyer; 2014-06-28 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    If the robbed closed their eyes and walked down a dark alley in the middle of the night while whispering, "anyone want money?" They are hardly blameless if someone takes the opportunity to rob them. There are a variety of simple steps you can take to make your accounts more secure, even before using an authenticator. Someone choosing to remain ignorant does not excuse them from the natural consequences of such ignorance.
    Except they are not walking down the street begging to be robbed, they are just walking down the street. I have to guess that some of these accounts may belong to people who tried the game and didn't like it so they never applied an authenticator, then there are the ones who are ignorant as they don't keep up with websites, there are the lazy too. Personally speaking I have the authenticator but I hate using it every time I log in, I have the habit of leaving my cell phone downstairs to charge after work and have to retrain myself and the numbers on the log in screen are all jumbled up. I would like it if it worked like wow, it asks for authentication once in a while as long as I log in from my computer but any other location is 100% chance of authentication.

I grew up in a town where we didn't lock our doors, now I live in the suburbs and lock my doors but I still think it's a bad thing that people can't be decent human beings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    High quality power cores are a prerequisite for tradeskills being worth your time, make friends with a technologist or salvage a lot of stuff to get some.

I didn't bother leveling crafting until I was 50, though, it only takes a couple of hours and is pretty cheap to max out (outfitter was anyway). Not like you won't replace any gear you make while leveling in a matter of hours at most.
    Cheers, i thought Technologist only makes potions. Silly me

Add your characters to http://watchwildstar.com/census#shar...haracter_class For a more accurate database
    it got 9665 people so far, but would be awsome if it would contain everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    That is my suspicion as well. Still, if you let your account get compromised are you not at least partially responsible too?
    On some level, yes - but currently the only form of authentication available for WSO is if you have a smartphone. While it is commonplace to have one, people shouldn't be expected to own one in order to keep their account secure.

If they offered a cheap authenticator fob the way WoW and FFXIV do I would personally blame the hacked person for lacking the common sense to keep their account as secure as possible.
    But you also can't just go "Ha. Too bad, so sad, you should've been smarter."
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2014-06-28 at 05:00 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    On some level, yes - but currently the only form of authentication available for WSO is if you have a smartphone. While it is commonplace to have one, people shouldn't be expected to own one in order to keep their account secure.
    https://code.google.com/p/winauth/
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well so far it seems Carbine is listening and are trying to fix the systems that are currently in place. In the raids forums, there are two threads that caught my eye about LFR and accessible content. Of course, a casual like myself wouldn't want a game like this to go against its initial philosophy.

So far though, it looks like they are doing what they can and I am glad. Still got hope and love for this game.

If this game ends up with 4 difficulties I'm out.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like they figured out something big for AMD users.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/87022-update-notes-build-674510-6282014/page-2#entry881024

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Seems like I'm in the wrong tradeskill. Sporting Armorsmith currently and it's a fair bit costly to get the cores to keep it going. I'm not even at max research stuff, only level 35 junk. ._.
    Why does it seem like armor/blacksmithing is always one of the costlier professions in most MMOs?
    3DS FC: 1177 - 7882 - 6112

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Except they are not walking down the street begging to be robbed, they are just walking down the street. I have to guess that some of these accounts may belong to people who tried the game and didn't like it so they never applied an authenticator, then there are the ones who are ignorant as they don't keep up with websites, there are the lazy too. Personally speaking I have the authenticator but I hate using it every time I log in, I have the habit of leaving my cell phone downstairs to charge after work and have to retrain myself and the numbers on the log in screen are all jumbled up. I would like it if it worked like wow, it asks for authentication once in a while as long as I log in from my computer but any other location is 100% chance of authentication.

I grew up in a town where we didn't lock our doors, now I live in the suburbs and lock my doors but I still think it's a bad thing that people can't be decent human beings.
    I disagree that browsing the internet, emails, creating online accounts, texting, twitting, is a good comparison to just walking down the street. Which is why I replied to the robbed comparison by adding context. Maybe a better comparison would be walking into a bank, making a deposit, then leaving your wallet and checkbook (with a signed blank check in it) on one of the seats in the lobby, all day, every day? The internet is not your town, or your suburb, it is the entire planet.

People treating the internet like it is just their home town, where the doors were left unlocked, despite the rather blatant evidence to the contrary, is them choosing to remain ignorant.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2014-06-28 at 06:11 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Zerging Wotw was due to making it too easy, now still getting gold gives you a chance on 3 epics what means you'll get more for the time spend.
    Crimelords, not sure what's wrong with that, it's too easy but that's about it.
    Malgrave while being too long, i run it weekly you know why? It is a massive boost to your weekly experience cap, it's rather rewarding it just comes across slow it also already rewards two epics at the end.

Tempest annoying? find it one of the more quicker and easier ones just a matter of knowing the counters.

All in all none of these things matter to people already raiding or it mixes up the curve, you don't need full epics to do raids or get dungeon silvers so for progression wise this is all moot, all this does is increasing the carrot.

you can zerg silver in 10min or less, depend how fast the first objective is.

to get gold u need to spend at least 20 min.

4 chance for epic>3 chance for epic.

in the end ppl will figure out the best route to maximize rewards and it will change from "gold or bust" to "my route or bust".

and once again nothing solved.

i already replied in the thread how they should handle it.

1. remove vote disband.

2. increase deserter from 5min to 30-1 hour.

no more deserters.
    Last edited by Archimand; 2014-06-28 at 06:18 PM.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

As long as they don't mess with raid difficulty I don't care. Hell they didn't even mess with dungeon difficulty with this change. They just stopped groups from disbanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    Why does it seem like armor/blacksmithing is always one of the costlier professions in most MMOs?
    I'm not sure. In WoW you can make a pretty penny so long as you can keep making the daily bars for the 5.2 weapons and 5.4 armor. Helps that you can get it maxed with only ghost iron(albeit like 2k+ ore or so).

But for WildStar, the biggest thing holding me back are the cores. I've hit cores/carbon where it's basically 1G or over to get a single one and the stuff I can make with them would sell for less than that. I'm tempted to put it on hold and powerlevel an alt with technologist and just throw cores at my armorer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post

1. remove vote disband.

2. increase deserter from 5min to 30-1 hour.

no more deserters.
    Without any other changes this only means that every failed gold run turns into a personal nightmare of people slowly roaming through the instance in disappointment. Not necessarily the best way if you want the players to have some fun.

IMO, the time limit medal should be changed into something. The system is working poorly only because you can simply fail your run midway, so there is no reason to go on. More boss challenges, additional goals/difficult minibosses or "hard modes" designed for gold runs would work better, but require way more developement time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Southern Grimvault seems to lack quests :S

What the hell is up with the server lag? I go into a room, completely empty. I run along and everything finally spawns and kills me cause I pulled the whole room. Then the graveyard is on the other side of the zone. With the added bonus of it saying you're not allowed to use your mount even though you're outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Conqueror View Post
    Really? I found it extremely easy to max my weaponsmithing at least. You can buy cheap cores from the vendors to level your crafting.
    Same. Usually what you make at least vendors more than the cost of buying cheap mats off the trade vendors as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciples View Post
    What the hell is up with the server lag? I go into a room, completely empty. I run along and everything finally spawns and kills me cause I pulled the whole room. Then the graveyard is on the other side of the zone. With the added bonus of it saying you're not allowed to use your mount even though you're outside.
    which zone would that be?