Deleted
    probably the first sci-fi mmo game im interested in purely bcoz the art style isnt like what i hate mostly about sci-fi stuff.
    dont know if ill try it out when it comes out though. got too many other games to finish/plus spend my catching up on studies/other hobbies.

i dont much about the game but if i get the chance i would play it solely due to the art.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakorath67 View Post
    Three continents. I like what I am hearing. Thanks!
    To hell with continents! Day/night cycles is da bomb! lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Like in Aion?

I actually liked how it was done there.
    no like having restricted area's.. the planet already had a defence system shooting down space ships. They also mentioned having fuel / limiting how much you can fly etc (unless thats how flying in aion is done ). the devs said they made the world around flying as a posibility.. they just arent decided at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by athlonmax View Post
    To hell with continents! Day/night cycles is da bomb! lol
    Last reported: Those are in too. Which is great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Nothing wrong with space elves.
    So now we have space zombies,space goat,space elves,space bunnies,space gnomes/mogwai...and what else?

---------- Post added 2013-05-30 at 01:41 AM ----------

Last reported: Those are in too. Which is great.
    And change of climate too, i loved that in GW2.

Like in Aion?

I actually liked how it was done there.
    No, I think they mean like flying mounts, but they are not sure if they want them in at all, and if they are going to be in, they are not sure how they would implement em.

so...Vulcans?
    Better.

Romulans!

---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 09:43 AM ----------

So now we have space zombies,space goat,space elves,space bunnies,space gnomes/mogwai...and what else?
    Space dragons!

Like Lensmen!

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I think they mean like flying mounts, but they are not sure if they want them in at all, and if they are going to be in, they are not sure how they would implement em.
    7 zones for each factions and 9 contested zones. Why there's so many contested zones? lol

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/the-game/regions/

7 zones for each factions and 9 contested zones. Why there's so many contested zones? lol

Because there is a war going on for Nexus.

Deleted

because people like to kill each other.. and because theyre both invading a planet

Well it is a war, sad part is we will probably never see the results.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Well it is a war, sad part is we will probably never see the results.
    Keeps the plot ever evolving.

Look at WoW for instance. The two factions have been warring for a great time, but obviously took breaks because of threats to Azeroth.

Deleted
    Hmm are the Luminai based on Vulcans or Romulans? Hehehehe

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Look at WoW for instance. The two factions have been warring for a great time, but obviously took breaks because of threats to Azeroth.
    No, don't do that.

1) Because that's been done to death in this thread. There's not even a speck of horse left to beat at this point. People are just hammering their comparison sticks in the dirt.

2) Because arbitrary faction fighting when it makes no sense any longer is stupid. Hopefully that lesson is learned and the story can avoid any sort of team work if they wish to keep factions distinct and real. In this scenario, it's a metaphor for rebelling against imperialistic society and it works for a long term conflict.

Both sides want the world and are not ok with the other being there period. That has the possibility to continue having faction war as long as the story never, ever goes into the territory of team ups to take on the world ending big bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Hmm are the Luminai based on Vulcans or Romulans? Hehehehe
    Illuminati Mythology
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    No, don't do that.

1) Because that's been done to death in this thread. There's not even a speck of horse left to beat at this point. People are just hammering their comparison sticks in the dirt.

2) Because arbitrary faction fighting when it makes no sense any longer is stupid. Hopefully that lesson is learned and the story can avoid any sort of team work if they wish to keep factions distinct and real. In this scenario, it's a metaphor for rebelling against imperialistic society and it works for a long term conflict.

Both sides want the world and are not ok with the other being there period. That has the possibility to continue having faction war as long as the story never, ever goes into the territory of team ups to take on the world ending big bad.

Illuminati Mythology
    I agree, it is not the same type of warring, but nevertheless.

Having a war go on is a great way to extend the life of the game. Unlimited possibilities.

I also never suggested Wildstar take that route. I just said, that was what World of Warcraft did.
    Last edited by Sakorath67; 2013-05-29 at 06:16 PM.

Deleted
    I agree, it is not the same type of warring, but nevertheless.

Having a war go on, is a great way to extend the life of the game. Unlimited possibilities.

I also never suggested Wildstar take that route. I just said, that was what World of Warcraft did.
    Star Wars, those guys have wiped each other out about 18 times now.

I wonder if "Vorios the False" was the guy who screwed up the Granok and Aurin worlds and allowed the Exiles to grow to such a threat?

---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 11:42 AM ----------

On that same note it'd be nice if he genuinely believed in what the dominion says it does (bring education and order and such) and wanted to stem their less benevolent tendencies.

Good guys leading evil factions yes please.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    It's as if Carbine is in my mind and is creating the Dominion based on everything I despise about governments and societies. More fuel for my fire at least!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://sv.twitch.tv/gamebreakertv

1h untill Gamebreakers first ever Wildstar show.
    AkA Companiet !
    #Wildstar2013

I meant more as in a specific faction won't ever take over a contested zone or a faction makes another zone that wasn't contested, contested. I never expect the war to ever be over but it would be nice to see a zone one day be controlled by the exiles and then the dominion take it over and it becomes their zone.