10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed that in the Granok page we only have access to one class with them rock guys shown to us. I wonder if that means that the other two, unrevealed classes, will be melee or something like a marine so we can be something other than a warrior.
    My bet is melee-spellcaster and a ranged class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skyburn1 View Post
    I've noticed that in the Granok page we only have access to one class with them rock guys shown to us. I wonder if that means that the other two, unrevealed classes, will be melee or something like a marine so we can be something other than a warrior.
    My bet is melee-spellcaster and a ranged class.
    Agree on your melee-spellcaster thing, and the ranged class should be a Sniper or anything similiar, as it fits Sci Fi theme.

Deleted
    40 Player Raids.
    Im in.

This game looks very interesting.

Are there going to be mounts? i saw a guy riding a motorcycle in the trailer so im assuming we do get some type of speed increase mount/vehicle?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarz View Post

Are there going to be mounts? i saw a guy riding a motorcycle in the trailer so im assuming we do get some type of speed increase mount/vehicle?
    Pretty sure i read someone earlier saying there were gonna be mounts, i think, can't remember if they had some sort of proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarz View Post

Devs have said there will be mounts.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Deleted
    2 classes will be something like melee / support and ranged / support.. im expecting one to be medium armour engineer with pet / device class (ranged). another heavy armour melee dps class.

Good new interview with Gaffney

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/wildstar/1227411p1.html

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Good new interview with Gaffney

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/wildstar/1227411p1.html
    A guy on the site said he had been invited to the closed beta a few months ago. I guess he's lying, or they forgot about me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    A guy on the site said he had been invited to the closed beta a few months ago. I guess he's lying, or they forgot about me!
    We know that Friends & Family Alpha is currently running. It could be possible he was added there and simply mixed the terms.

Still, I am like totally jealous right now after reading that comment, if it's true. D:

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Pretty sure i read someone earlier saying there were gonna be mounts, i think, can't remember if they had some sort of proof.
    They've stated yes to mounts and to flying mounts. I mean...it's sci fi, it's going to have flying mounts. They are building a lot of the exploration into the ground game, and building with the intention of having flying mounts from the get go.

Much better than transitioning to them at a later date.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    I'm not a super fan of flying mounts, unless they can be shot down and there's air combat.
    The helicopters flying by in the videos do look very cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having flying mounts doubling with some kind of fighting mechanic sounds like a superb idea for a sci-fi world.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the flying mounts are only obtained far into the levelling process. Like... FAR into it. As much as I love flying around in WoW (and I do), if we get them too soon it might be that settlers or explorers won't be looked for as much (Since they help in transportation and stuff like that.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skyburn1 View Post
    I hope the flying mounts are only obtained far into the levelling process. Like... FAR into it. As much as I love flying around in WoW (and I do), if we get them too soon it might be that settlers or explorers won't be looked for as much (Since they help in transportation and stuff like that.)
    You make a good point .

Yea wouldn't flying mounts contradict exploration path?

Unless only certain areas are flying specific and designed around flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Yea wouldn't flying mounts contradict exploration path?

Unless only certain areas are flying specific and designed around flying.
    I think.. no, hope that they are zone-restricted. We'll probably have fast transportation at low levels anyways, so they'd be superfluous. Maybe make them go into ground mount mode if used elsewhere, so they can be paraded around, but maybe there's something yet to be revealed that'll provide all the answers.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://soundcloud.com/inhisgroove/s...r-mmo-ost-cues

Some of the songs from the OST have been uploaded. And I must say, if the whole Soundtrack sounds like thise, I will probably never turn it off. Awesome! <3

I especially like "Justice Doesn't Always Wear a Badge".

It was mentioned somewhere that one of the rewards for Explorers is a jetpack that lets you fly for a couple hours each day long before you get permanent flying mounts. So it sounds like the path is designed with flight in mind.

Also, to resolve an earlier discussion, the Wildstar Team's Twitter account did confirm that the Granok will get both the unannounced classes.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    https://soundcloud.com/inhisgroove/s...r-mmo-ost-cues

Some of the songs from the OST have been uploaded. And I must say, if the whole Soundtrack sounds like thise, I will probably never turn it off. Awesome! <3

I especially like "Justice Doesn't Always Wear a Badge".
    Oh man thanks for the link. I'm totally digging it.

RE: Flying Mounts

Considering that they are focusing a large part of their gameplay into exploration, marking landmarks, dealing with dynamic content etc....I don't think they would shoot themselves in the foot by allowing flying mounts to negate that experience. I mean even the landscape is going to have dynamic elements that can help or harm you. Flying mounts would go against that.

I have faith just in the way Gaffney talks about the genre as a whole that this game might not make some major mistakes like that. No game is going to be perfect, but at least they are vocally mindful of a lot of important issues already.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-02-16 at 06:19 PM.
    BAD WOLF