I would like to see how ingame ads would work. Like Mcdonalds advertising or something.

They could probably use that in conjunction with B2P. But for that to be possible, the game has to be pretty big for advertisers to think it'd be worth it.

Any word on a price plan yet though? P2P, B2P, F2P?
    All of the above.

There was one video they said they would use "Hybrid model", so pretty much f2p/b2p/p2p.

Edit: Found. Move to 15:57 https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=VfnpbIhY2PU
    Last edited by Yakshamash; 2013-07-11 at 09:41 PM.

anyone notice in that gaffney vid linked above how he perhaps made a freudian slip about release date? The bit were he was talking about the 200 things they have on the board to let people know about, but have only told 40, but then there is no point because even if they did tell us that would probably all change over the next 6 months

Now obviously, as murtagh and riggs would say, this is pretty fucking thin. But if they were really thinking this will be released in 2013, and we can all agree decemeber is a shitty time to release a new mmo, then wouldnt he be saying something like 'over the next few months' or something similar? Saying over the next 6 months suggests that is all testing and iteration time, not ready for release time.

Like i said, pretty fucking thin, but i still dont think we are getting this till jan/feb/march 2014.
    Realm First Grand Master Enchanter

Deleted
    they said theyre doing a business plan with one of the upcoming dev speaks / W* weds (in the next couple weeks).. gaffney said this in a recent interview a couple of days ago. correct me if im wrong though (tired)...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    they said theyre doing a business plan with one of the upcoming dev speaks / W* weds (in the next couple weeks).. gaffney said this in a recent interview a couple of days ago. correct me if im wrong though (tired)...
    I recall that too. Making me think they may announce it at ComicCon. Of course its also possible that he misspoke.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how the blind debuff is actually going to blind your screen to where there's hardly any vision. PvP will certainly be interesting with that. Also noticed that warriors get a flamethrower on their wrist as well as a scorpion-esque grappling chain. I'm still waiting for the final 2 classes to be revealed, but man oh man, the warrior is lookin' mighty enticing.

- - - Updated - - -

And is it just me or did the graphics look like they were better with this vid? Game is lookin' sexy.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-07-12 at 03:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the warrior sounds like a bounty hunter from swtor

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    Condemned was in my Alliance in GW2 (Titan Alliance on Henge of Denravi, I was in the guild Luciform). They were the black sheep of the group (no one really liked them, cocky with no skill to back it up, we were always having to cover for them in PvP because they couldn't handle themselves and then they'd proclaim victory as if they were the ones that did something). We all signed up for WildStar at the same time, but Luciform didn't have enough members at the end (most of the Titan Alliance guilds broke up due to boredom of GW2) to put together a decent "gaming group" app for WildStar. Kinda sad they got in (probably means we would have too ).

/blog
    From what I heard Luciform joined Condemned, seems kinda like you're the only one in the guild who didnt get the memo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post

They certainly released this one at an odd time.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...ng.html/page/1
    Funny, ive been asking for skillshots in wow for months now, and got the official answer that the tech doesnt really support it. But from what i can se this game try to implement it in every shape. Im really curios to se if it works - especially in elevated enviroments.
    Personally i would prefere a mix - traditional mmo combat (auto homing abillities) for fillers and (telegraphed) Aiming for the really hardhitting spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

holding down and release the key will fire the ability as a skill shot. just smashing the button will use tab-targeting? I'm naturaly someoine interested in theorycrafting, and that sound like i would want always be casting with skillshots. heard skillshots do more damage than automatic tab-targeting-fire-mod :/

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by camicio View Post
    From what I heard Luciform joined Condemned, seems kinda like you're the only one in the guild who didnt get the memo
    Yeah, he was the guy who never got invited to parties that everyone else went to. You know...that guy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    holding down and release the key will fire the ability as a skill shot. just smashing the button will use tab-targeting? I'm naturaly someoine interested in theorycrafting, and that sound like i would want always be casting with skillshots. heard skillshots do more damage than automatic tab-targeting-fire-mod :/
    No, holding down the button just shows you the telegraph to allow you to aim it better. Holding or mashing has no affect on wether its free aim or tab targeted. The majority of abilities (nearly all) are free-aim (with telepgraphs)

thats good to hear

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Personally I won't use my house at all, I don't see the point in instanced housing.
    So there's no point for having rested XP, raid portals for your guild, mat farming stations, special jumping puzzles/combat scenarios for you and your friends, etc?

Because you know...you can open it up to allow anyone or everyone to hang out at your pad. But sure, somehow being instanced (which is what makes that level of depth possible) makes it lose all value.
    BAD WOLF

I won't really care about housing all that much.

Which is why I'm going settler.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Meh yeah, basically all that above, I don't care about rested xp, everybody will have that raid portal, and I have never bothered with professions in any game before so I don't see it changing in this one.
    Jumping puzzles could be fun but I won't make one myself and probably wont be able to visit someone else's anyway since I quite literally don't got any friends.

So I won't use the housing personally, but I can see why you or others would like it. ^^
    But your specific complaint was that you have no use for it because it is instanced...so now you're saying you just don't like a lot of MMO features? Ok. That's fine. Probably better to clarify that up front though as it didn't come across that way.
    BAD WOLF

There will be people who will play Wildstar just for the housing alone.

It's a great social feature.

Maybe we won't have to deal with ERPers now since they will have their own ERP house or something.
    That would be hilarious though. There could be an exclusive ERP club

I won't care about MY house, but I will still do the activities there a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I would like to see how ingame ads would work. Like Mcdonalds advertising or something.
    I played one game a long time ago with in game ads (I think is was Xu) and it was awful. It just personally annoyed me to see ads in the game, was a huge distraction for me personally and the people who played with me also didn't like it. But then even the milder ads in swtor (sub or buy cartel coins to unlock this feature!) bother me so I may be biased and just personally hate ads. Though at least in swtor they are game related.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Maybe we won't have to deal with ERPers now since they will have their own ERP house or something.
    That would be hilarious though. There could be an exclusive ERP club
    I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. I mean I am sure some will, but for some part of the entertainment is making other people feel uncomfortable.

Personally I am looking forward to the whole housing thing. I can't wait to see how it unfolds. I am curious if the choice between private or public is a on time permanent choice or if it is a setting you can switch between.