The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    From what I remember. Espers was half aiming half tab target and spellslingers was full on aiming. However all ST heals were still tab target :l
    This is exactly in line with my limited knowledge, but I don't know anything about healing. The espers were the primary offender in requiring a target and having abilities only affect one target. Granted the charge mechanic on it, where you use the ability and then can use it again for 3 times total was a pretty cool little innovation.

But it still requires a target to shoot them.
    BAD WOLF

In combat here, if you fire at a target and something steps in front of that projectile before it gets to the target, does it pass through that other object, like in WoW, or does that other object take the hit like it does in GW2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    In combat here, if you fire at a target and something steps in front of that projectile before it gets to the target, does it pass through that other object, like in WoW, or does that other object take the hit like it does in GW2?
    Yes and no. That's part of the problem.
    BAD WOLF

Maybe they will change that with this revamp. Didn't they say they are revamping the combat?

There aren't any stats like +hit or +accuracy correct? And from appearances it's not dice roll combat (except to determine the amount of damage). It just seems like they should implement object collision in there.

Maybe they will change that with this revamp. Didn't they say they are revamping the combat?

There aren't any stats like +hit or +accuracy correct? And from appearances it's not dice roll combat (except to determine the amount of damage). It just seems like they should implement object collision in there.
    You are forgetting about dodge and block
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    You are forgetting about dodge and block
    is that pertinent to my point of object collision in the context of combat? block acts like a collision, dodge just gets you out of the cone of fire (supposedly, you could dodge into the cone of fire).

at least the projectiles don't "home" in on the target or do they?

There is dice roll stats, block, parry, dodge, crit and +crit damage. I don't remember a +hit stat because I didn't look into stats too much.

so the block doesn't deflect all of the damage?

is that pertinent to my point of object collision in the context of combat? block acts like a collision, dodge just gets you out of the cone of fire (supposedly, you could dodge into the cone of fire).

There are 2 dodges in this game. The one you get from stats and the one you do manually, the one you do manually isn't a 100% evade like GW2, just a movement sprint so to say.

- - - Updated - - -

so the block doesn't deflect all of the damage?
    No, there is also a shield which in essence is an extension of your health which will absorb all damage till a certain point.

ah so there is a dodge stat like avoidance in wow

ah so there is a dodge stat like avoidance in wow
    Yup, which is the true essence of this game not being action combat. RNG defensive stats =/= action.

10+ Year Old Account
    The target ones, yep. They sure do. And there's a ton of dice rolls. This is a completely traditional, stat driven MMO. Which is what we keep trying to tell people, but they don't want to hear it. And just to be clear, this is coming from someone who has no problems with that combat. I like WoW just fine, will love Wildstar just fine that way too.

It's just not what their mouths say when they open them.
    BAD WOLF

It's just not what their mouths say when they open them.
    So much this. If they want to go that way fine, thats fine it works people like it but.... they didn't even advertise it that way :l

I don't mind that combat either (I mean I actually kind of like SWTOR's combat but that could because of the awesome animations and ... lightsabers) but I'd much prefer a more action oriented combat, at least one that's not dominated by stats and behind the scenes determination if it hits a target or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh I was wondering where TB's Wildstar footage were, seems like he is holding on to it since it's not a priority atm. : p

http://youtu.be/rxMmkTlTSrY?t=17s

Deleted

Wildstar C.R.E.D.D and why im worried about it

So I'm really looking forward to the upcoming MMO wildstar

in short after reading the latest thing on their website i am now worried

You can basically buy your subscription and sell it to other players which means you can buy a lot of them sell it on to others for gold and basically buy gold.

Now this worries me because is it gonna be like WoW where having countless amounts of gold doesn't matter that much or is it going to be like other games where you can basically pay to win!!

These are my concerns, What are your guys' take on this???

Link to Wildstar website and C.R.E.D.D explained : http://www.wildstar-online.com/uk/th...usiness-model/

Adam

:l

You do realize it's their stated goal to make credd a way of "buying gold" in game, right? They proudly stated "and it ticks off gold farmers. We like ticking off gold farmers". It's the same idea as as the RMAH in diablo 3.

Also, wildstar megathread

-> thatway
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

This isn't pay to win at all and countless games has done this before and it's always worked fine so I wouldn't worry about it.

I think you need to flesh out what exactly your concern is.

Taking WoW for example, if gold were purchasable from Blizzard (or other players legitimately) then that's still not pay to win as the selection of gear that can be bought for money is really small (or based on ridiculous RNG via the Black Market AH).

Credd is a good thing in wildstar imo. There will always be people who buy gold. Gold farmers are one of the main causes of botting and account hacking in games and they do that all for getting gold to sell to people. With credd there wont be very much reason for them to harass and ruin the fun of others with their bots or hacking accounts.