Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    You don't see a lot of kiting tools either, just saying.
    True but all a ranged has to do is to get the jump from range and then keep the range and the warrior doesn't seem to have tools to get in melee and stay there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Depends how true WS is to the "vanilla WoW", I remember wrecking faces on my warrior back then, charging in whirl winding and kill 10+ people Rogues giving you infinite Overpowers thanks to dodge <3
    A HWL arms warrior walks into a gold mine.
    10 alliance characters say, "inc 1 GM"
    Horde caps the gold mine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    True but all a ranged has to do is to get the jump from range and then keep the range and the warrior doesn't seem to have tools to get in melee and stay there.
    Sprint, foward dodge, charge.

*to elaborate, without a lot of testing I can't say for sure but I bet melee has larger sprint pools.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-10-27 at 09:16 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

If warrior's in wildstar work like warriors in WoW, then they'll be fine.
    Tons of mobility to negate kiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    If warrior's in wildstar work like warriors in WoW, then they'll be fine.
    Tons of mobility to negate kiting.
    They better, had a change of heart, suddenly realized playing Ranged is boring imo, and going back to my melee roots back when i started playing RPGs. More engaging. So i'll be playing a Warrior instead of a Spellslinger.

Ranged in MMO's is just starting to piss me off. Most of the time it's nothing but a backpeddle fest.
    There should be zero casting on the move to stop that, and zero spammable slows(or just add diminishing returns). That goes for melee and ranged.

Ranged in MMO's is just starting to piss me off. Most of the time it's nothing but a backpeddle fest.
    There should be zero casting on the move to stop that, and zero spammable slows(or just add diminishing returns). That goes for melee and ranged.
    So, two things.

That sort of action locking would make Wildstar a full action game.
    It's the opposite of their combat design.

I mean, I agree that action locking adds some depth to game play. You chose to attack when you should have blocked? You lose. Your second by second choices matter more in a game like that. But this is an MMO going for mass appeal :X

Deleted
    melee should hit harder, have closers, maybe a reflect.. if a ranged gets caught in melee and doesnt get out straight away they usually get explodead.

10+ Year Old Account
    The feeling of being a turret as started annoying me as a Ranged player mostly, at least melee move alot. Even in action oriented games like TERA or Neverwinter, backpeddling is there, almost feels like im playing a MOBA game.

Unless something has changed, the NDA is still around. Saying you're in the beta or not is fine and all, but discussing NDA material is still a no-no. Just a reminder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    The feeling of being a turret as started annoying me as a Ranged player mostly, at least melee move alot. Even in action oriented games like TERA or Neverwinter, backpeddling is there, almost feels like im playing a MOBA game.
    I don't get it. What exactly are you expecting? You expect a ranged class to just sit there and tank your damage or perma-CC you or what? Wouldn't make much of a "ranged" class...

Also, for example, in Neverwinter, if you cannot kill an equivalently geared Control Wizard 1v1 as melee, you are not skilled/experienced or are built purely defensively, period. Rogues are the perfect counter to CWs with high damage from stealth, enormous and continuous burst damage plus several CC immuities. Guardians can block, use three different closers (not including mount) and, once in range, chain prone CWs to death. Great Weapon Fighter (*) has a long duration sprint, CC and the Unstoppable CC-immunity-plus-damage-buff-plus-damage-resistance ability. It actually kind of worries me that I've regularly beaten the top PvP CWs 1v1 in the game (from Lemonade Stand and Essence of Aggression) on my undergeared Guardian. If I had their Tenebrous enchants and Perfect enhancements, they would never even touch me...

TL;DR. Melee can be extremely powerful. It is just a different mindset, the appropriate build and a TON of experience.

(*) This is the only melee that struggles at low gear levels to kill CWs. But once geared, they are both harder to kill and just as dangerous as equivalently geared TRs and GFs to CWs.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-10-28 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    I don't get it. What exactly are you expecting? You expect a ranged class to just sit there and tank your damage or perma-CC you or what? Wouldn't make much of a "ranged" class...

Also, for example, in Neverwinter, if you cannot kill an equivalently geared Control Wizard 1v1 as melee, you are not skilled/experienced or are built purely defensively, period. Rogues are the perfect counter to CWs with high damage from stealth, enormous and continuous burst damage plus several CC immuities. Guardians can block, use three different closers (not including mount) and, once in range, chain prone CWs to death. Great Weapon Fighter has a long duration sprint, CC and the Unstoppable CC-immunity-plus-damage-buff-plus-damage-resistance ability.
    I know I've been busy with crafting an occasionaly PVE but last time I pvped in NWO the counter to CW was guardian warriors.. Not trickster rogues. CW had TR and GWF on farm. Cleric was able to just sit and heal through it and guards shield ate CC spells for almost no shield loss.

Now, I haven't pvped since before module 1 but I really doubt that changed much.

Deleted
    I know I've been busy with crafting an occasionaly PVE but last time I pvped in NWO the counter to CW was guardian warriors.. Not trickster rogues. CW had TR and GWF on farm. Cleric was able to just sit and heal through it and guards shield ate CC spells for almost no shield loss.

Now, I haven't pvped since before module 1 but I really doubt that changed much.
    Guardians can be CC'd through their Guard by two CW abilities (Icy Rays encounter and Ray of Frost at-will) and their Guard does not last long under continuous fire, basically only just long enough to use your closers.

Equivalently geared TR's can consistently 2-shot almost any CW (or one-shot poorly built ones) with Lashing Blade encounter from stealth and up to six charges of Impact Shot encounter, each charge a stun+root+pushback+half-health-wipe ability. TR's eat CWs for breakfast, lunch and dinner and they are always their priority target. Their second target are either squishy TRs or PvE Clerics (which almost all Clerics are, even the serious ones in premade-vs-premade PvP).
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-10-28 at 01:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Snip
    I don't get how your response has anything to do with my post. I couldn't give a shit about PvP. I was talking on how a ranged player in some games just sits like a turret spamming missiles, and even on action games if a mob starts moving closer (a rare thing as they are probably near death by then) you just click - move-click-move-click-move. I've recently found that to be boring , so i'm going back to melee class as i feel to be more engaging. My recent posts in the previous page were more or less explaining why i'm changing to melee like when i started in RPGs/MMOs, and how you managed to turn that into a "You suck at pvp l2p" thing is beyond me.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-10-28 at 12:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    I don't get how your response has anything to do with my post. I couldn't give a shit about PvP. I was talking on how a ranged player in some games just sits like a turret spamming missiles, and even on action games if a mob starts moving closer (a rare thing as they are probably near death by then) you just click - move-click-move-click-move. I've recently found that to be boring , so i'm going back to melee class as i feel to be more engaging. My recent posts in the previous page were more or less explaining why i'm changing to melee like when i started in RPGs/MMOs, and how you managed to turn that into a "You suck at pvp l2p" thing is beyond me.
    Fair enough. My misunderstanding. I thought you were talking about backpeddling as a tactic, which is obviously intertwined in both PvE and PvP, but instead you were just talking about your newfound personal dislike of Ranged classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing has changed. The game’s pvp is underwhelming to say the least. One of the lesser skillful, if not the least skillful pvp MMO out atm.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven`t posted or followed Wildstar since i heard something about servers only being available in NA, and not EU and something about 150+ ms being `ok` according to one of their own spokesperson.

Can anyone shed some light on this. Was this confirmed/final? Is this real life?

10+ Year Old Account
    That no-servers-in-EU thing was a misunderstanding.

Of course there are EU servers. If you dig back a few pages someone links a twitter post where they confirm it.

I believe the problem was that in the beta, there aren't EU servers right now and the dude said that the 150 ms wasn't a huge deal for the beta players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mag07 View Post
    Love the drama but here you go: https://twitter.com/Team_WildStar/st...48465790750720. Pretty sure they were confirmed to be in Frankfurt somewhere on WSC.
    Found it ^
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    1 thing that concerns me is the lag to NA servers when playing from SEA region. Is 200+ms will prove too much for this action based MMO combat for us who's playing from Malaysia/Singapore etc etc?

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by athlonmax View Post
    1 thing that concerns me is the lag to NA servers when playing from SEA region. Is 200+ms will prove too much for this action based MMO combat for us who's playing from Malaysia/Singapore etc etc?
    You want my honest reply or should i lie to you?

I do not know much about Wildstart casts and/or interrupts, but in WoW it was already close to impossible to interrupt a 1-1.5sec cast with 200+ ms, and that is not an action based MMO where movement, position, range of your attack, etc counts aswell
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

So having watched the twitch stream, my take away is.

Guild Wars 2 combat with telegraphs. Jump bunnies. They are not as original with game mechanics or features as they think. Finally, show new content soon, really looks like hitting spring is not guaranteed. Then again, the announcement coming the 30th could be about beta.

I have zero problems with the graphics, do not mind a single action bar provided I can control whats there, and the few quests they did do look interesting. Their phasing solution will be interesting to play in, as while I did not like it much in Cata phasing in BOP wasn't nearly as bad. Phasing where the world changes but you can reenter the area with someone who hasn't changed the world just don't work out well. They would have to be very careful not to have encounters where a key NPC either dies or goes missing during different phases else people are just not going to get a good experience. Something LOTRO does with there damnable inns and where is Strider now? (hint, usually four loading screens away and you get to do those for loading screens to get back too)
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath