10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus blizzcon is a fiasco.

I hope carbine is ready to welcome massive amount of players and it wont put too much pressure on them.

Ps. I am slightly tipsy (Been celebrating twice this week one particular event, that is of high interest for me) so my posts might be the most coherent. I apologise.

Carbine must be licking their lips after today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Things that Rift players say about W*s housing?
    good point^^

still, W* housing is still very clearly housing, a system that let's us create and customize our home. the garrisons will have some options, but nothing that makes them unique in any way when compared to the ones of other players. they will mainly focus on creating a base that gives boni to professions and stuff, rather than giving us the tools to create a home that we feel we designed ourselves.

i still like the idea of the garrisons, i just don't think it's really "housing".

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Jesus blizzcon is a fiasco.
    Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Carbine must be licking their lips after today.
    why, what happened?^^
    i only read the mmoc frontpage, but that of course just tries to summarize the wow info.
    Last edited by Sy; 2013-11-09 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    why, what happened?^^
    i only read the mmoc frontpage, but that of course just tries to summarize the wow info.
    Blizzcon is always a case of tea leaves.

Everyone watches the coverage and, depending on what they think of blizzard going into it, sees what they want to.

Fans will say the future is brighter than ever. Detractors will say that bankruptsy is imminent.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Blizzcon is always a case of tea leaves.

Everyone watches the coverage and, depending on what they think of blizzard going into it, sees what they want to.

Fans will say the future is brighter than ever. Detractors will say that bankruptsy is imminent.
    The only interesting thing I have seen so far has been the animated gnome female pigtails. :P

Then again, I ain't the target audience for WoW anymore so, nuff said.

Remember guys, this is the WildStar thread. If you want to discuss Blizzcon stuff, there's the Warlords of Draenor forum or the General Discussion forum for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Remember guys, this is the WildStar thread. If you want to discuss Blizzcon stuff, there's the Warlords of Draenor forum or the General Discussion forum for that.
    Sir yes sir!

I am listening the new WildStar music by Jeff Kurtenacker and the team, while browsing WildStar Central and MMO hamp.

Deleted
    The hoverboard looks great, forget questing and farming this thing will have me out in the open world for hours on end.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they don't introduce a PvP encounter/battleground race using hoverboards with weapons attached I will be incredibly disappointed .

Despite the appeal of SimOrgrimmar/SimStormwind I still think that Wildstar will have it's solid, niche demographic because I think there are enough people who want GW2 style combat + WoWs vertical progression.

When you consider how quickly and how many copies sold of GW2 and the number of players who wished there was raiding, gear treadmills, ect (granted, they were playing the wrong game) that's a pretty large group of potential W* players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I keep hearing this, and yet I've seen nothing that suggest WS combat is anything like GW2 at all. Every video I've seen from them makes the entire system look like a traditional 2nd gen style MMO with a somewhat greater emphasis on aiming attacks. Especially since it seems traditional "trinity" roles will exist, which pretty much shoots down the entire idea of it being "GW2 combat" at all. [/FONT]
    Like GW2
    1:1 attacks
    Conal / directional abilities
    Dodge mechanics
    Heavy focus on movement
    Limited action set
    Controls and gameplay

Not like GW2
    Unavoidable white damage
    Defined roles
    Avoidance stats

The things that are "not like GW2" are things that are from gen 2 MMOs to make traditional raiding possible.
    It's way more like GW2 combat than not.

*It's certainly closer to GW2 than WoW or Tera
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-11-09 at 03:51 PM.

well from personal experience, gw2's combat felt a lot more fluid than in wildstar. wildstar uses a lot of the directional abilities to with their cones or telegraphs or whatever, gw2 only has a few of those, all of the other skills have a cleave or splash damage to other mobs (depending on the skill). I just don't think there is as much similarity as you make it out to be Bardarian.

I'm not saying one is better than the other (although I have my preferences), I just don't think it is as similar as that.

TBH I didn't feel any similarity with GW2 combat. I felt it was more like WoW/Rift combat with mobs doing an occasional telegraph and that all your attacks had a telegraph to see where it goes.

Dodging is even different since no immunity
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well from personal experience, gw2's combat felt a lot more fluid than in wildstar. wildstar uses a lot of the directional abilities to with their cones or telegraphs or whatever, gw2 only has a few of those, all of the other skills have a cleave or splash damage to other mobs (depending on the skill). I just don't think there is as much similarity as you make it out to be Bardarian.

I'm not saying one is better than the other (although I have my preferences), I just don't think it is as similar as that.
    As they are both hybrids (g2.5), they are going to have a mix of gen 2 and gen 3 elements in their combat.

Like, in GW2, ranged attacks are "auto aimed" for you via tab whereas in W* you have to aim with the ground telegraph. One could argue this makes it "more action"
    But then you have unavoidable white damage which is more like a traditional g2 mmo.

Relative to everything out there, W*s combat is closest to GW2. They share many common elements but there are differences. I figured the latter went without saying. Within second generation MMOs there's a pretty wide range of combat / stat mechanics as well like between Lotro and WoW and swtor... But they are all considered G2 combat.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I felt it was more like WoW/Rift combat
    Tab target doesn't aim for you, there is no auto attack, LAS, sprint/dodge...

I mean, I get that unavoidable white damage means that it can feel more G2 than G3 but the gameplay on the player side is more G3 when you are talking about PvP.

Tab target doesn't aim for you, there is no auto attack, LAS, sprint/dodge...

I mean, I get that unavoidable white damage means that it can feel more G2 than G3 but the gameplay on the player side is more G3 when you are talking about PvP.
    Thats not what I said at all. I said it felt like WoW/rift combat. Even with dodging and sprinting. It just felt like WoW combat with dodge and sprint.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Thats not what I said at all. I said it felt like WoW/rift combat. Even with dodging and sprinting. It just felt like WoW combat with dodge and sprint.
    Except the fact that attacks can be free form (no target) as well as having conal aoe baked into them...which is just like GW2. Honestly the only things they have from traditional hotkey MMOs are a small set of directly tab target abilities, high mob white damage, and stat based combat mechanics (hit, avoidance, etc) as the primary determinant of your damage intake.
    BAD WOLF

Just a reminder, they're going to be streaming in 1 hr 30 mins @ http://www.twitch.tv/wildstar they're going to show mounts!

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It always seems like there's this irrational need for fans of a new game to distance themselves from that-other-game. Typically it just comes off as grasping at straws, as it does in this case.[/FONT]
    Like people trying to distance W* from GW2 combat?

The difference between combat/movement is small.

The difference between the stat system is large (as the stat system is gen 2)

The main difference between the two games is the white damage which forms the need for the trinity/stat system which in turn allows for traditional raiding set ups.