Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You should go share your ideas with Carbine, obviously they're doing it wrong and ruining the game.
    Do you have any opinion on the matter other than how butthurt you are about me voicing mine?

Chillax guys. People have different preferences, it happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just like to drop the fact that the nanotechnology stalkers utilize is actually injected into their bodies.

I know next to nothing about superheroes so stop me if this is wrong, but it's sort of like Captain America where they got an injection and it turned them into superhumans with very little effort. :P

Also: I am of the opinion that anything that utilizes technology should be available to all classes because tech is easy to just learn, but physical (melee) classes and esper make sense to be limited because they utilize more natural aptitude.
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2014-01-01 at 03:14 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

well a warrior just uses the sword. anyone can use a sword, why restrict it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone can use a sword, but not if it's a giant tech-sword and arm cannon so heavy you can't lift it if you're scrawny. (This is what I imagine the reasoning is, anyway.)

We don't know anything about the physical limitations of WildStar races because they are actually a whole bunch of human-ish species from a ton of different planets, so as far as we're aware, Aurin (as the example) just can't build enough muscle to actually hold a warrior sword.

The real reason is that Carbine doesn't have animations for it, so I'm sure it will come eventually, and the lore reasoning would probably be "they started to mass-produce smaller swords."

Another (and maybe weaker) argument is that the Aurin just can't comprehend a warrior's in-your-face fighting style since they're an elusive, branch-jumping society of recently immigrated squirrel-people. It may just be culture shock perhaps I guess? /shrug
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Anyone can use a sword, but not if it's a giant tech-sword and arm cannon so heavy you can't lift it if you're scrawny. (This is what I imagine the reasoning is, anyway.)
    A chua in an iron man suit could.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I would just like to drop the fact that the nanotechnology stalkers utilize is actually injected into their bodies.
    A mistake I realize I made earlier but didn't feel the need to correct because I think the injection helps my point more.
    Also: I am of the opinion that anything that utilizes technology should be available to all classes because tech is easy to just learn, but physical (melee) classes and esper make sense to be limited because they utilize more natural aptitude.
    But the way I look at it has two points.

1) The nanomachines are physically enhancing them, thus negating any shortcomings in that regard. Power armor can and does fill the exact same role.

2) This drags the notion of aurin as tree hugger race out back and executes it with extreme prejudice. Why would a race shun technological classes (as if all of them aren't technological...) if they have a class where you inject advanced technology straight into their bodies?
    And who says the sword is super heavy? This is space-age tech, the thing could be lighter than my pen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Yeah I think that would be awesome and we discussed that the last time I actually was in this thread. xD

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    But the way I look at it has two points.

1) The nanomachines are physically enhancing them, thus negating any shortcomings in that regard. Power armor can and does fill the exact same role.

2) This drags the notion of aurin as tree hugger race out back and executes it with extreme prejudice. Why would a race shun technological classes (as if all of them aren't technological...) if they have a class where you inject advanced technology straight into their bodies?
    1. In the case of stalker specifically, as far as I am aware, you are not silenced by the tech, only invisible. So that rules out your huge-ass characters like Granok. In the case of the chua, they have tiny wittle bebe awms that are completely useless for melee, unless they've constructed an ironman suit. The machines in your blood don't make you stretchy. Physically, all they do is make you fast and capable of executing agility-based combat. If you don't have arms that can reach your target (chua) then the 'bots aren't going to help you.

2. Good question! I'd like to know how the Aurin accepted nanobots into their blood, and why exactly they chose to embrace that tech and not engy/medic tech. Like I said: I believe ALL classes that can be learned by picking up the guns and firing them should be for everyone. If you have a brain, you can learn, and obviously the Aurin aren't afraid of tech.

And who says the sword is super heavy? This is space-age tech, the thing could be lighter than my pen.
    You are correct, they could be light. All I know is that usually a class that wears armor described as heavy and uses a sword tends to be a physically taxing class and therefore is represented by huge, muscly dudes (and that is the case in this game as well.) The swords are never described as being heavy, at least not from the sources I'm remembering off the top of my head, but they are nuclear-powered and I distinctly remember the phrase "ten megatons" from... something.

EDIT:

I remember where they emphasized heavy now. The old class page for warrior before it was revamped. This is what it said in the little blurb (as copy and pasted from a wiki page that hasn't been updated for the new class stuff):

Warriors are unstoppable juggernauts on the battlefield, using a combination of heavy weaponry, powerful armor and advanced technology to take care of business.

Fearless bruisers that give as good as they get, Warriors are at their best when charging into the fray. Equipped with a heavy battle suit, and armed with a giant tech-sword and a plasma blasting arm cannon.
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2014-01-01 at 03:43 AM.

I understand that some people get butt hurt when they can't play the race/class combo they want. But seriously, get over it. The devs have made this game the way they want it made. So pick your NEXT favorite race/class combo and go have some fun. The best thing to do is wipe away the QQ tears, pick the class you want to play, and then choose the race you like most out of the ones available for that class. It's really THAT EASY. I've found most people end up really liking/playing a race that they otherwise would have never tried because of this reason.

And honestly? Restricting certain race/class combos due to lore reasons is actually a great idea. Things in real life are restricted because of real life "lore" reasons, so why not in a video game? It makes sense from a story standpoint. So just go with it. The race/class combos in the original WoW for example were brilliant. They really tied into the lore of the game and made perfect sense. The only change that was somewhat mandatory was giving paladins and shamans to both sides at some point. Other than that, it honestly should have stayed the way it was. But alas, to many QQers and Blizz caved in and gave everyone more race/class combos that made ZERO SENSE in regards to in-game lore/story. It was done merely to satisfy cry babies and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I understand that some people get butt hurt when they can't play the race/class combo they want. But seriously, get over it. The devs have made this game the way they want it made. So pick your NEXT favorite race/class combo and go have some fun. The best thing to do is wipe away the QQ tears, pick the class you want to play, and then choose the race you like most out of the ones available for that class. It's really THAT EASY. I've found most people end up really liking/playing a race that they otherwise would have never tried because of this reason.

And honestly? Restricting certain race/class combos due to lore reasons is actually a great idea. Things in real life are restricted because of real life "lore" reasons, so why not in a video game? It makes sense from a story standpoint. So just go with it. The race/class combos in the original WoW for example were brilliant. They really tied into the lore of the game and made perfect sense. The only change that was somewhat mandatory was giving paladins and shamans to both sides at some point. Other than that, it honestly should have stayed the way it was. But alas, to many QQers and Blizz caved in and gave everyone more race/class combos that made ZERO SENSE in regards to in-game lore/story. It was done merely to satisfy cry babies and nothing more.
    Begins post saying people should stop bitching, ends post with bitching.

And no, I will always point out bullshit when I see it. You saying everything is okay because of lore when the lore actually provides reasons for the other combinations (and some of the current options make for lore inconsistencies) makes the limitations completely arbitrary is just a head in the sand response.
    1. In the case of stalker specifically, as far as I am aware, you are not silenced by the tech, only invisible. So that rules out your huge-ass characters like Granok. In the case of the chua, they have tiny wittle bebe awms that are completely useless for melee, unless they've constructed an ironman suit. The machines in your blood don't make you stretchy. Physically, all they do is make you fast and capable of executing agility-based combat. If you don't have arms that can reach your target (chua) then the 'bots aren't going to help you.
    I am reminded of the Predator films. Huge ass motherfuckers that weigh significantly more than the humans they hunted and still managed to be sneaky as fuck. Also pretty much single-handedly inspired the modern concept of science-fiction optical camouflage.

And the chua's little arms are irrelevant when it's the big ass blades at the end of them that matter.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2014-01-01 at 08:46 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's stupid reasoning. Because Aurin female wielding a huge cannon/sword (3 times her own size) FITS the comic style of the game. It would've been hilarious.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

How about that nanotechnology that stalkers are supposed to be covered in?
    I really fail to see how any of the race/class exclusions in Wildstar make any sense.
    wanna see how you want to inject nano's into a living rock, besides he weights about half a ton and cant sneak o0

After all, this disccussion for all can be all is like the hippies come back to the world. You cant be anything you want to be, how hard is that to comprehend? Its the same with real life. You are not supposed to be a superstar with the voice of the next century, because you lack rhythm, you will not become the first person on Mars, simply because you are not physically strong enough, you will not be a bishop, because you dont believe in god or simply you belive in something else.

Why does anybody demand that they want to be anything? Its rediculous for an RPG game to fit any role. The Dominion only exist in its current state, because the leader thinks that the current races are useful to him. If cassians could be do anything better than other classes, there would be no dominion to start with.

To end the comment with something more provcative; I find it very disturbing that humans (cassion and exile) can be Esper. No human I know can real magic. Thus it dont fit :P

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

I don't know if it has been discussed before, but does anyone else find the telegraph in Wildstar a bit excessive?

Maybe it's just me, but watching WS streams, and after an hour I start to get a headache and my eyes start to hurt from way too much telegraph and flashiness going on, especially in PVP.

I think the telegraphs can be a bit toned down, instead of every ability having it.

So my hype factor for WS was astronomical. I finally thought this would be "the game" that would pull me away from other MMOs. First MMO since WoW that was truly "charming". Amazing aesthetics. Combat system that seems solid and skillful on paper. Awesome. [snip]

I personally don't care if you want to share disappointment about the game, but there still is a NDA up so sharing thoughts based on playing the game in beta breaks that. Only specific people were allowed to talk about beta and they were only allowed to talk about it on their specific stream or on the website they write for.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2014-01-01 at 01:59 PM.

Waaaaaaaat?? I thought they were part of the suit that Stalkers wear?

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Noes! I feel like the world would end soon after that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    I don't know if it has been discussed before, but does anyone else find the telegraph in Wildstar a bit excessive?
    From what I understand it's mostly like that at low levels to help teach people how to play the game and gets better at higher levels. Also I think there is some way to turn most of them off. I think they are mostly helpful when a boss has abilities that affect weird ass shapes because often with those if you didn't know where the ability was going you would easily dodge right into it.

- - - Updated - - -

Annd I forgot to say... I in general don't mind restrictions on class/races, but I feel like the lore reasoning in Wildstar for it is a bit thin. It would be nice if they would flesh that stuff out a bit more for people who are interested in those things. The other thing that annoys me about how Wildstar is doing it is, there just aren't enough options. Either more classes or Races would help that. For example there are only two races in each faction that can be Espers. That just seem ridiculous to me. Also annoys me humans can be everything. Stupid humans QQ

Begins post saying people should stop bitching, ends post with bitching.

And no, I will always point out bullshit when I see it. You saying everything is okay because of lore when the lore actually provides reasons for the other combinations (and some of the current options make for lore inconsistencies) makes the limitations completely arbitrary is just a head in the sand response.

I am reminded of the Predator films. Huge ass motherfuckers that weigh significantly more than the humans they hunted and still managed to be sneaky as fuck. Also pretty much single-handedly inspired the modern concept of science-fiction optical camouflage.

And the chua's little arms are irrelevant when it's the big ass blades at the end of them that matter.
    It's not bullshit. You can call it whatever you like, but the game devs made these decisions for a reason, doesn't matter what they are. If it's for lore reasons, then it's for lore reasons. It makes sense, from that standpoint, whether you personally think it does or not. Bitching about it won't change it. Get over it.

If you don't like it, then don't play the game. Otherwise, go make your own game with the race/class combos you want. It's literally nothing but aesthetics anyway. It affects game play zero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Waaaaaaaat?? I thought they were part of the suit that Stalkers wear?
    ish. the suit is what injects them into their bodies, i believe. it's not just a normal piece of clothing. i don't think the nanites are constantly in their bodies, though, but are only injected right when their effects (like invisibility or the ability to drain life) are needed.
    I feel like the lore reasoning in Wildstar for it is a bit thin. It would be nice if they would flesh that stuff out a bit more for people who are interested in those things. The other thing that annoys me about how Wildstar is doing it is, there just aren't enough options. Either more classes or Races would help that. For example there are only two races in each faction that can be Espers. That just seem ridiculous to me.
    agreed and agreed.

Stalker class page:
    NANO SKIN
    If there's one thing all Stalkers agree on, it's that pockets are so yesteryear. That's why this year's homicide hobbyist dresses to kill in a nanite-charged skin of smartfabric featuring a wetwired cerebral interface, and a veritable arterial spray of lethal accessories. It's not fashion-forward, it's fashion-fatal.

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    ish. the suit is what injects them into their bodies, i believe. it's not just a normal piece of clothing. i don't think the nanites are constantly in their bodies, though, but are only injected right when their effects (like invisibility or the ability to drain life) are needed.
    Oh... that's kind of cool and weird lol. I never realized that was how it worked.

I saw some boss fights now and don't you think the heavy use of telegraphs and geometrical symbols and outlines take away from the art design and the immersion? It looks very technical to me.
    Example:
    Last edited by Kryos; 2014-01-01 at 06:47 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!