Quote Originally Posted by Helistin View Post
    Thank you forum warrior. The site name can be misleading.
    Very misleading, indeed.

Is MMO Champion owned by Blizzard? Or is the parent company, Curse, owned by Blizzard?

Or did MMO Champion just gravitate towards being a site focused almost exclusively on Blizzard because it brought in the most viewers?

Quote Originally Posted by Helistin View Post
    Thank you forum warrior. The site name can be misleading.
    I believe it was named MMO-Champion because when it was originally created WoW was the main thing going on and Boub's interest. From there he extended it to all Blizzard products and on occasion some other MMO's do get mentioned if it's big enough.

With that said when it comes to forums we have the general Video Game Discussion and then some subforums, but not every game gets one. There is absolutely no point for us to create a sub forum for every MMO related game that is in beta or gets related. Reason being is there is not always enough interest. So we have Megathreads instead. Yes sometimes the information can be hard to read at times but can be easily gotten through. Once a game is released and if it becomes popular enough and we see plenty of participation in the thread then we consider moving it to a Megathread. Though just because a thread has X number of views, Y number of posts doesn't mean much as it could be 10 people posting which wouldn't warrant a forum. This doesn't mean that there are only 10 people participating in this thread.

Now once this game moves to official release and if the activity increases to a point where a subforum is warranted them we can see then. At this point there isn't any sense for a subforum for it just because it's easier as it results in hundreds of silly threads that could've been put into 1.

Deleted
    I can't wait until the NDA is lifted, because I have to just get something off my chest which I can't tell without breaking it. That's the stupid thing about the NDA: if you're stuck on something during a limited playtime and you can't figure out how to get past it, you can't ask for advice or even look up a wiki, you're just stuck in the starting zone on one of the first quests and get a really bad impression of the game.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I can't wait until the NDA is lifted, because I have to just get something off my chest which I can't tell without breaking it. That's the stupid thing about the NDA: if you're stuck on something during a limited playtime and you can't figure out how to get past it, you can't ask for advice or even look up a wiki, you're just stuck in the starting zone on one of the first quests and get a really bad impression of the game.
    You could always use the appropriate beta forums and I'm sure everyone would be happy to help you!
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    You could always use the appropriate beta forums and I'm sure everyone would be happy to help you!
    I didn't even know that was available to those in a stress test weekend. I hope I get another invite to another weekend so I can try it again, but for now, I'll just wait.

if you wish, you could PM me to ask me what i'm referring to (NDA is technically only to prevent public release of content) and maybe you can help me with that.

Good for this weekend. Gratz to whoever is fast enough

8KY3-D6V3-BMPQ-TW9H-XD83

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If the game maintains steady interest from enough people after it launches, there's a chance it will get its own forums. There is no guarantee, however.
    if swotor got one and wildstar doesn't, I will be pretty disappointed....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcasaur View Post
    If I remember correctly it was because of SWTOR other games started getting sub forums.

It's up to the admins. Just keep posting in the thread after the game launches and it increases the chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    If I remember correctly it was because of SWTOR other games started getting sub forums.
    No, it was in discussion for a bit due to other games as well (GW2, Rift and D3, which were all added with the SWTOR forum).

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorta the exact reason why they wait until interest is sustained.
    I didn't even know that was available to those in a stress test weekend.
    Yeah, you get access to the forums for whatever period your beta access exists. And I'm afraid I won't be much help to you since I'm not in the beta. Maybe someone else in the thread will see your post and be able to shoot you a pm. Sorry, I know that's not a great answer.
    BAD WOLF

Swtor gets more traffic than rift, ff14, ect... Most of the VG sub forums.
    Right now D3 is up because of the patch but it was usually below swtor as well.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Vindictus? Dragon nest?

Both are widely considered better action combat than tera.
    i don't think i've ever even heard of dragon nest (of course that doesn't mean it has to be bad). vindictus was the only one i could think of when writing that. i haven't played it myself, but have heard a bit about it.

still: one or two hardly counts as "many", does it?^^

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I really can’t attest to their skill level as I don’t watch their stuff and I only watched the wildstar dungeon videos because it is the only legal way to see what a dungeon is like before getting balls deep in it. Which is why I said ‘according to Yogscast” and didn’t state it as fact.
    i didn't mean to imply that you did state it as fact, just that i wouldn't put too much trust in what yogscast tells about game design in general^^

You are under the popular misconception that AAA is a signifier of game quality
    it certainly isn't, but it is true that many other mmos (swtor, neverwinter, eso, obviously wow) have a popular ip behind them, which is certainly helpful. it's free advertising, if nothing else.

on a sidenote, eso is actually not developed by bethesda, but by zenimax. bethesda just publishes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even know that was available to those in a stress test weekend. I hope I get another invite to another weekend so I can try it again, but for now, I'll just wait.
    KV covered a fair bit of options; however, remember that content that is covered by the press streams are not under NDA. Do not speak about your own experiences but rather convey it as opinions of their play.

e.g. I was watching a stream covering the Explorer path, and the 'slidey' nature to the games physics has me worried that I would not enjoy it. I understand that it may take time to get used to, but I feel they should just remove it and not have players need to get used to it.

I, myself, don't mind that nature of the game, but have heard the complaints. Their experience up to max level is what has me worried, as it is not particularly engaging. I do enjoy the variety of quests, but as of EC video states, nothing really brings me into the game. Their hope of having the combat system carry the game should be interesting. I am withholding opinion on their end-game minus the fact that people need to make it to there first, and hoping that they actually deliver a solo/small group/raid/pvp progression system. We have seen a few pictures of their raids, and have heard of their desires with their PVP system, but it is incredibly silent on the solo progression front.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i don't think i've ever even heard of dragon nest (of course that doesn't mean it has to be bad). vindictus was the only one i could think of when writing that. i haven't played it myself, but have heard a bit about it.
    still: one or two hardly counts as "many", does it?^^
    Those are two I know of that are considered to have better action combat...
    Of the hundreds of MMOs I do not know about, there's a pretty good chance there's more out there. Some people feel that NWOs combat was better or on par with Tera, albeit less of a technical triumph compared to Teras hit boxes.

As you point out, you haven't even heard of dragon nest. Imagine what else is out there.

edit: IE:
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2014-03-07 at 03:22 AM.

Some people feel that NWOs combat was better or on par with Tera
    No. So many things wrong with NWO combat. To the reticle that keeps moving to targets on its own without your control to the horrible mob AI and boss mechanics consisting of don't stand in red circle and kite adds, NWO combat is leagues behind TERA, vindictus and dragon nest.
    Last edited by zito; 2014-03-07 at 03:46 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    No. So many things wrong with NWO combat. To the reticle that keeps moving to targets on its own without your control to the horrible mob AI and boss mechanics consisting of don't stand in red circle and kite adds, NWO combat is leagues behind TERA, vindictus and dragon nest.
    That's why I said some and then point out that Tera is objectively better without overtly saying it in case those people are reading.

First rule of action combat

We don't talk about NWO. We pretend it doesn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    First rule of action combat

We don't talk about NWO. We pretend it doesn't exist.
    It was fun leveling to have that super DnD experience in an action combat game. I mean I didn't play it past 2 weeks, but it was totally rad those two weeks.
    BAD WOLF

I just feel bad for the people who spent $200 to get into beta

:l

It was fun leveling to have that super DnD experience in an action combat game. I mean I didn't play it past 2 weeks, but it was totally rad those two weeks.
    Yes, I would say that it is very "fun" whereas something like Tera is more like a work of action combat art.