My engineer ain't slow at all. Admittedly it's a bit slower then my medic and esper but I plow through stuff pretty fast on every class I've tried. Haven't gotten most past level 10 so don't know if it slows down later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    i haven't tried it myself, but from what i've read: anyone who previously had permanent beta access will still have access on these last weekends, but a previous 32+ character or preorder (either or both, of course) is needed to get rid of the level cap.
    You need a 32+ from CBT to get access to beta weekends without pre-ordering.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...etails-inside/
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post

I can confirm this! The bastards! Not that I want to play the beta anyway.

The 20 man raid is looking cool, still to decide if I am going to buy or not, as I don't think I'll even get to the raiding stage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, looks like Carbine has reduced the mount price to 10g, it was 15, wasn't it?

4) I think end game may end up biting them in the ass if they don't get something solo friendly in the mix ASAP. Near as I can tell, Carbine isn't trying to go for a niche market and most people aren't going to be interested in "raid or die" anymore.
    I think this will bring back a lot of ex WoW players and new a like. I think people want a decent difficulty level, that is a plus not a minus. I guess you could say Wildstar might be geared towards Gamers, not wanna-be's.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I guess you could say Wildstar might be geared towards Gamers, not wanna-be's.
    No, no, you can't. It MAY be gearing towards YOUR type of gamer, take your head out of your ass.

OT: I ended up prepurchasing from GMG due to their 20% voucher - will be online today trying to hit 50 and double check that decision won't be a total mistake.

I may have missed this, but do adventures and dungeons reward similar gear now? In the past, they were geared towards being a lower progression than veteran dungeons but haven't followed up since then.

I think this will bring back a lot of ex WoW players and new a like. I think people want a decent difficulty level, that is a plus not a minus. I guess you could say Wildstar might be geared towards Gamers, not wanna-be's.
    I would be shocked if it brought back a lot of ex WoW players. I think most WoW players quit WoW because they didn't have the time or energy to raid like they did (at least the people that you seem to be referring to). And I don't think people are as keen on a "decent difficulty level". Cataclysm brought a decent difficulty level to their heroic dungeons. People still quit in droves not too long after the expansion released. If a "decent difficulty level" is what a large portion of the audience wanted, WoW wouldn't have reached its peak subscriber rate during Wrath. I think that Wildstar can survive (although I wasn't really blown away) if they've created a business plan that makes them good money on less than 1 million subscribers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No, they're a whole owned subsidiary of NCsoft. I believe NCsoft is publicly traded on the South Korean market, not sure about other markets.
    So they wont be sharing sub data. Thats a bit unfortunate imo, but oh well.

In many ways, Rift was a game with the type of raiding a lot of hardcore people say they want, and yet most continued to play WoW. The obvious question is why?

When people achieve great things in WoW, you can read about it on gaming websites and in magazines. When was the last time you read about a great achievement in Rift? Right now WoW is pretty much the "main event" in MMOs. Is it possible that being a "big deal" in the "main event" is more important to many hardcore gamers than being a "big deal" in a niche game...even if the game play isn't ideal for them?

While Wildstar may attract many hardcore players initially, I wonder how well it will retain them over time.

So i just got a beta key from some forum on the net and im downloading the game now. Then i saw this

im a little confused. On the upper boxes it says i can only have a cap of level 17 since im new. Then below it says i only have access on open beta if i dont pre order.

So from what i understand, i cannot log in game now for beta weekends, but i will have a cap of level 17 on open beta? Am i right?

I should just stop my download?! lol
    Last edited by Yizu; 2014-03-29 at 05:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post

hmmmm... did they change something about that? or am i just too stupid to read? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ynai View Post
    So i just got a beta key from some forum on the net and im downloading the game now.
    if you just got a beta key (and haven't been in closed beta, nor preordered the game) it means you have beta access for just this weekend, with a lvl cap of 17 (or apparently 20, as someone mentioned earlier).

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh... kinda wanted to play this but i don't have a level 32. Only a 14. Bummer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, i stopped raiding in cataclysm simply due to the constant nerfs and reduction in difficulty paired with 10 mans becoming the norm, that the excitement, the challenge and the group feel was just completely gone, this was after the 5 man nerfs that were really not need as players simply needed to learn to play as a group and not faceroll. I did not regret that choice seeing what came after.

In wildstar good play and coordination is required the game teaches you those basics and it adds extra bonuses for playing flawlessly. Yes the challenges are steep at times what simply makes the reward all the better, back to the concept of letting people aspire to obtain something, rather than everything eventually becoming obtainable if being persistent enough about complaining how hard it is. In my book there are very few bad gamers, there are however plenty who don't want to become better as it requires effort, what they don't want to bring up as it's not part of their enjoyment in gaming or so they believe it to be so. I say that as i believe if the pool of players in learning is large enough it is still a very enjoyable type of content, it is simply due to the nature of certain toxic players that i dub the "average elitists" that this became a problem.

Also for those not into mass raids or PvP, they have a third progression path items obtained elsewhere can be upgraded with imbuements by completing certain tasks. They'll never be the legendary quality ones of 40 man raids.

Right now forum feedback reads a positive result on the difficulty of the 20 man normal dungeons. This of course is a very small sample and i'm sure others will react completely different. But it shows there's still a group of players searching for that type of difficulty in a mmo setting, as only that type of content can be provided by a mmo.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2014-03-29 at 08:09 PM.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Just got out of an eight hour session of playing the beta... this game just grows on me more each time.

Some of those early quests are amazing.

Just healed my first 5 man. Most fun healing I think I've ever had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syntech View Post
    Just healed my first 5 man. Most fun healing I think I've ever had.
    I think healing may be the best thing about wildstar when you take into account raiding, it may be far more challenging than taking since tanking isn't much different from the usual mmo.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

I think their problem is they don't know who they are catering to. Their endgame seems aimed at the classic hardcore raider, yet the overall tone of the game is very casual friendly and borderline childish. I just don't see hardcore raiders really getting into the nitty gritty when the game is constantly poking fun at itself and making a big joke out of everything. Hardcore players take their 'craft' seriously, its hard to do that when the game can't even take itself seriously. At the same time it seems there is not much content for the casuals at endgame.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    I think their problem is they don't know who they are catering to. Their endgame seems aimed at the classic hardcore raider, yet the overall tone of the game is very casual friendly and borderline childish. I just don't see hardcore raiders really getting into the nitty gritty when the game is constantly poking fun at itself and making a big joke out of everything. Hardcore players take their 'craft' seriously, its hard to do that when the game can't even take itself seriously. At the same time it seems there is not much content for the casuals at endgame.
    Hardcore raiders played WoW. A game that's notorious for pop culture references and quests revolving around poop. I think the hardcore raiders can look past the game not taking itself seriously if the gameplay and challenge is there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    Nothing about the game, atleast so far to me (level 20) feels casual, regular leveling mobs can actually kill you if you make a wrong step

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Nothing about the game, atleast so far to me (level 20) feels casual, regular leveling mobs can actually kill you if you make a wrong step
    Pretty sure shimmer was referring to the games culture in-game.

Not the difficulty.