This game is looking beastly, really loving the art style!

doomsayers, is this the wow killer?

Deleted
    the trailer looked like a trailer for an upcoming kids film... but the gameplay videos look kinda cool, nice smooth animations, unlike most new MMOs and a cool art style, cartoony like wow, but not too cartoony.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a huge fan of the visuals, but I very much enjoyed that trailer. It was like Firefly for kids with a more sci-fi feel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the visuals, but I very much enjoyed that trailer. It was like Firefly for kids with a more sci-fi feel.
    That's a great way of putting it. Thank you, I know now why I'm tempted by it

Now to find a floral bonnet....

Better than expected for now. Put it on my "keep an eye on" list, even though I'm not so much in sci-fi MMOs.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

A less than stellar ('scuse the pun) article on gameinformer: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/08/17/ncsoft-announces-pc-mmo-wildstar.aspx

E
    dit to add: I really like the idea of a game with a real sense of humour, but the aesthetic isn't to my taste (judging from what little we've seen so far anyway)
    Last edited by Sapho; 2011-08-17 at 11:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

updated the first post with some stuff, more updates coming!

Myrddin,Stormforged, EU-Ravencrest
    Website: mmo-game.eu,YouTube: myrddinde, Twitter: @MyrddinDE

Gameplay looked nice, was that a starting area?
    Liked the character animations but still dont like the art style

Quote Originally Posted by myrddinde View Post
    Lastly we looked at comics such as Hellboy, Battle Chasers, and Tank Girl
    Lordy lordy, they are singing my song!

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Gameplay looked nice, was that a starting area?
    Liked the character animations but still dont like the art style
    I suppose the story is that that we are on our way to Nexus (Planet) and get shot down and then we are forced to built up a base camp and evolve from there. And yeah, teh gameplay trailer starts on the drop ship where you got shot down.
    Last edited by myrddinde; 2011-08-17 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by myrddinde View Post
    I suppose the story is that that we are on our way to Nexus (Planet) and get shot down and then we are forced to built up a base camp and evolve from there. And yeah, teh gameplay trailer starts on the drop ship where you got shot down.
    Do you know if those avalanche things were just random things happening or a scripted part of a quest? If its a random event because of weather that would be awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as this ISN'T a subscription one, I'll get it. I already preordered ToR and I don't want to waste that.

10+ Year Old Account
    *drools*

Also hoping for no subscription on this one.

Updated the first post with the 3 part press conference video.

Press Conference and Q&A Sessions:
    First Announcement - Part 1

First Announcement - Part 2

First Announcement - Part 3

---------- Post added 2011-08-18 at 10:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Do you know if those avalanche things were just random things happening or a scripted part of a quest? If its a random event because of weather that would be awesome!
    These Avalanche Things are part of the Path the player chose. When he leaves the crashed Spaceship there are 2 questgivers to the left. one normal questgiver and another with a different symbol above his head. This is a quest that supports the path you have chosen. The player in the demo is explorer and when he comes close ot the avalanche area he gets a notification that there might sbe something interesting to discover close by. To get to that place he needs to avoid the avalanches.

If I remember correct! thanks for the Question!

Updated Inforation on the Paths System

http://www.myrddin.de/wildstar-player-paths/

Deleted
    I have some concerns...

The Press conference was kind of unprofessional. The Guy has clearly no experience to "present" something to a crowd bigger than 3. His body language is so funny, or what is his right arm doing all the time in part 1 ? Pet Puppys ? I'm also disappointed that any video you see the exact same "live footage" shown in x other Videos already. The Q&A Live stream today gave me the rest. Even the developers have no ansers to most of the questens....Pay System = No Idead, Content Patching = More or less like other MMOs...rhetorical often total nonsense...like "I'm glad you ask that....but i can't answer, keep track of ouor website w-w-w-.w-i-l-d ... bla bla

With all respect to the Studio, it seems that they where more or less not that prepared. Maybe one year to early for announcing a game that will come in - let's say - 2-3 years top most.

I agree that they might have waited with he announcement a bit or be more professional about it, ranted about it on wildstar-central.com. If they would be half as professional as the guildwars guys it would ahve been great, but always the reference to the site is a bit annoying. OFC they have answers to all that (they ar elike 5 years into development?) they just want to nor get nailed to them in case things chane. Only robeardo is kind of good at answering questions or jeremy gaffneys, who was supposed to do it today.
    But that they aren't the most charismatic game promoters says nothing about the game itself, been looking and watching the past days to get some more intel but they are still in total disclosure it seems.

I don't see where the harm is in "we are still in prealpha stage, so things are not set in stone and can change, but we plan to have pvp and that winning in pvp will be an advantage in the game world" forgot how they said it, but it seemed that if you hold/win certain points yxou will get benefits, probably like in wintergrasp or so. But I forgot the exact wording. Since they aim at making everyone happy I doubt though that it will play a major role, especialyl with guild wars coming from ncsoft, too (= personal speculation, nothing official )

But yeah I want to help them promote the game and each time when I hear "go read the website" I get like super uspet how unprofessional it is, they aren't encouraging to have people interested but discouraging proper questions. Was so hoping jeremy gaffneys would make the interview, but you haven't seen him all week, kind of zzzzzz.

---------- Post added 2011-08-20 at 01:43 PM ----------

New Q&A coming now, hope he can sell it better! Cheer Jeremy Gaffneys!

http://www.livestream.com/ncsoftgamescom2011

---------- Post added 2011-08-20 at 03:33 PM ----------

There you go, Jeremy Gaffneys, the lead producer afaik, knows how to sell his game. This Q&A was handled much better than the previous ones.

I absolutely love the art style of this game. A bit WoW-ish, a bit comic book-ish? Looks great. I'll save my hype until I can actually play it though.