Quote Originally Posted by Laere View Post
    The graphics kind of remind me of Torchlight
    They do (at least for me too). And that's spectacular, because I think Torchlight looks great : )

This game reminds me of Jak and Daxter. That's a good thing for me because that is one of my favorite game series of all time. I am really excited to try it, I hope they have good pvp.

Deleted
    Anyone know if EU beta's have started to go out yet?

Not sure if this was posted, but totalhalibut has a 2 part video with good information. 20m raids/40m raids, pvp, character creation, etc!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeUbXJZPkd0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2_ggHgbuKs

Deleted
    Saw twitter y-day with some new information and noone posted so it seems to be up to me...

1st.
    Why are they focusing on the "1%" (elder game aka endgame)? (I really love their philosophy behind this, but not all will agree ofc)
    http://ht.ly/kL6ei

2nd
    And then a "Blind Quest" with Mattvisual which shows us a lot about the game if you're a new follower!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=KRQ07AVxazw

Have fun reading/watching!
    Last edited by mmoc0811aa1cbc; 2013-05-07 at 04:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemin View Post
    Anyone know if EU beta's have started to go out yet?
    Nope. Last I heard was "soon." Soonest the EU invites will go out will probably be mid to late May. Since that is five weeks since Closed Beta began and Carbine has said they plan to have new builds pushed about every five weeks.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Chidorilol View Post
    Not sure if this was posted, but totalhalibut has a 2 part video with good information. 20m raids/40m raids, pvp, character creation, etc!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeUbXJZPkd0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2_ggHgbuKs
    Hey, thanks for the links

I just hope I don't have to pay monthly or I probably wont end up playing it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Nope. Last I heard was "soon." Soonest the EU invites will go out will probably be mid to late May. Since that is five weeks since Closed Beta began and Carbine has said they plan to have new builds pushed about every five weeks.
    Thanks for the heads up :3

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    This game reminds me of Jak and Daxter. That's a good thing for me because that is one of my favorite game series of all time. I am really excited to try it, I hope they have good pvp.
    I think it has the same art director (It's what I've heard, anyway). So that might be part of it.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/uk/ne...tress_test.php

stress test this weekend, check your emails fools
    Realm First Grand Master Enchanter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaxar View Post
    http://www.wildstar-online.com/uk/ne...tress_test.php

stress test this weekend, check your emails fools
    Just planetside2 latest updates =( But perhaps EU is left out on this one as well?

well i like the way he has written the article. in fact, the 'honest' vibe i'm getting from reading the stuff on the website and watching vids with that gaffney dude are a marked difference from when me and my mates were getting ready for swtor.

heres hoping this isnt another mmo thats all hype and then just gets fucked by terrible management as i'm really looking forward to it.
    Realm First Grand Master Enchanter

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think its this weekend.

We're still determining which upcoming weekend will be best for the Stress Test, but we will make sure those who get invites get them a few days in advance. Why waste time patching when you could be helping us break things?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    1st.
    Why are they focusing on the "1%" (elder game aka endgame)? (I really love their philosophy behind this, but not all will agree ofc)
    http://ht.ly/kL6ei
    By the looks of what they are saying they aren't really focusing on the 1%, they are just ensuring that they have an incredibly fleshed out endgame that has some serious challenges on both the PvP and PvE sides. I like the fact that they realise the "65%" as they call it will also have a proper, serious endgame which sounds much more interesting that what most MMOs provide which is usually "farm the same dungeons for more tokens for 18months" and "spam those dailies!".

Only thing I worry about is they seem to be promising the world and the moon at release, if they can't keep pumping out content at the same quality and quantity continuously afterwards they will just lose all those players that spearhead a game.
    Last edited by mmocccd4d485ac; 2013-05-08 at 08:47 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I don't think its this weekend.
    It's not

Team WildStar ‏@Team_WildStar 16m
    Sorry for the confusion folks, the stress event is not this weekend. We will keep you updated in the coming days. #WildStar
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    By the looks of what they are saying they aren't really focusing on the 1%, they are just ensuring that they have an incredibly fleshed out endgame that has some serious challenges on both the PvP and PvE sides. I like the fact that they realise the "65%" as they call it will also have a proper, serious endgame which sounds much more interesting that what most MMOs provide which is usually "farm the same dungeons for more tokens for 18months" and "spam those dailies!".

Only thing I worry about is they seem to be promising the world and the moon at release, if they can't keep pumping out content at the same quality and quantity continuously afterwards they will just lose all those players that spearhead a game.
    Yeah I know what you mean, what I ment is that they're putting a lot more focus on the "1%" than most MMO's out there, the story is not that fleshed out during leveling but it starts to really get deep when you're at endgame (elder game) and such.
    And indeed the focus on "solo pve'er" content as elder game is pure awesomenezz! Never any more dailies like other huge games.

Well, about quality/quantity idk... I think they can do it, Rift and WoW can. But however, I'm a mostly pure PvPer (although I'd like to try 40man raid! ) so arena/warplot will stay "up to date" for me
    Also the "dynamic" raid will make the raids last for longer I think

10+ Year Old Account
    Really looking forward to this game. Hopefully it will be everything i want it to be, and more...
    Cant wait for the release of the two new classes - crossing fingers for a Melee physical DPS+Healer combination.

A quick question regarding their server layout:
    Will it be like this(?): A handfull of servers that work together, as in you can raid, group, guild up, pvp, etc - cross realm betwen those, lets say five realms . (They make one super server of sorts. You can Zone in to any of the servers in ur superserver, but ur character belongs to one MAIN server). And there will be (Depending on subs) around 5-10 "super servers"?
    Read the blog on how they were going to do their servers and this is what i came up with, does it sound about right?
    AkA Companiet !
    #Wildstar2013

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Companiet View Post
    does it sound about right?
    Erm...they've specifically stated some servers will be PvP/PvE/RP. Unless they plan on having 3 mega servers, I haven't heard anything about what you describe.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Realm: A collection of WildStar servers that collectively represent a full planet of the game. Each realm effectively represents its own planet, even though all of the realms are effectively identical. Some realms will have special rules that apply only to them, like PVP. In other MMO’s this is sometimes called “Server” or “Shard” or a wide variety of other names that all means the same thing.

Taken from their website.

I may have misunderstood it, not sure though.
    AkA Companiet !
    #Wildstar2013

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Companiet View Post
    Realm: A collection of WildStar servers that collectively represent a full planet of the game. Each realm effectively represents its own planet, even though all of the realms are effectively identical. Some realms will have special rules that apply only to them, like PVP. In other MMO’s this is sometimes called “Server” or “Shard” or a wide variety of other names that all means the same thing.

Taken from their website.

I may have misunderstood it, not sure though.
    The wording is in the bolded part, if you were asking about PvP/PvE etc server, but I don't think so.
    However regarding the "mega-server" it sounds like a realm is the same thing indeed. But there's no wording about how they're gonna be connected. A realm could just be like "EUW", "NA" etc in LoL.